E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #241
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Pay me and I may seriously consider it!

Tranny fluid change

it might be dumb, but I've never changed tranny fluid, or diff fluid. 151K.
I did tranny and dif fluid at 120k or so? Wasn't that expensive to have the shop do it.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #242
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
Quote:
it IS dumb, but I've never changed tranny fluid, or diff fluid. 151K.
fixed. Dude, change your fluids! You take immaculate care of the rest of the car, show the drive train some love.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #243
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
i plan on doing it every 40k as an part of inspection 2..my car is getting up there in miles (80k) so I am setting up a regular maintnance schedule.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #244
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
fixed. Dude, change your fluids! You take immaculate care of the rest of the car, show the drive train some love.
the freakin boards here have scared me from touching my transmission fluid, even though I know most of the issues are with autotragic's.

I dunno man. I also go by close experience, and my buddy's 2000 528i is autotragic, runs perfectly, never changed fluid in tranny or diff. 225,000 miles on the ODO!

so confused as to what to do. I feel like if I had done this, I should have done it when I got the car. now I feel like it's too late and it will cause problems.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #245
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 330ci View Post
I did tranny and dif fluid at 120k or so? Wasn't that expensive to have the shop do it.
PRICE please. not that I can't do it myself, just curious.

Do you need to use a push/pull fluid transfer for changing these fluids? for those of you that have done it, do you use OEM fluids, or Redline, etc...?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #246
CJW2OO4

Quote:
PRICE please. not that I can't do it myself, just curious.

Do you need to use a push/pull fluid transfer for changing these fluids? for those of you that have done it, do you use OEM fluids, or Redline, etc...?
Alright meng,

This is what I did this past Saturday. I went to Advance Auto to buy motor oil, gear oil, and transmission fluid. I walked in and got some castrol motor oil, and royal purple gear oil, but I couldnt find the tramission fluid. I went to grab a german filter and bam! 2 bottles of MTL fluid made by Pentacon (oem tranny fluid without bmw label) Buy that ish and walk out

So my and Uktraine3 did the oil change and drained the tranny of its fluid Then we tried filling the tranmission with one of those hand pumps. That didnt work so we got this pump that screwed down onto bottles and then filled the ish with the fluid.

Ran out of time and tools to do the diff fluid but I will get that done some point the next two weekends.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #247
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
I used OEM fluids for the M.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #248
sandovaltac0574

My Ride: 328 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
" I went to grab a german filter and bam! 2 bottles of MTL fluid made by Pentacon (oem tranny fluid without bmw label) Buy that ish and walk out
."

Yo this **** had me dieng. hahaha i stay doing that **** especially when i come out of inskip paying big money for something. "payed the co$t to be the bo$$" haha.

what would happen if i wasnt to change the diff and trany fluid. i drove my coupe maybe 8k the most with out doing it and i dont know when was the last time the previous owner did it and it has 108k now. ive done regular tune ups every 4k miles

Last edited by sandovaltac0574; 11-11-2011 at 10:08 PM.
sandovaltac0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #249
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandovaltac0574 View Post
Yo this **** had me dieng. hahaha i stay doing that **** especially when i come out of inskip paying big money for something. "payed the co$t to be the bo$$" haha.

what would happen if i wasnt to change the diff and trany fluid. i drove my coupe maybe 8k the most with out doing it and i dont know when was the last time the previous owner did it and it has 108k now. ive done regular tune ups every 4k miles
My car had 80k miles when I changed it and I dont think the previous owner did it previously. The shifts are pretty much perfect now.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #250
CJW2OO4

anyone doing anything tomorrow? I got the day off

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #251
sandovaltac0574

ok ok then i think thast exactly what my car is needed to get done. any one from the rhode island area? or just mass?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #252
CJW2OO4

where are all the ne peeps at?

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #253
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
I'm here. Writing papers. Hating life. How are you?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #254
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
in work, hating life, waiting to hear back if i got a job or not... interview process is just straight up ridiculous
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #255
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 330ci View Post
I'm here. Writing papers. Hating life. How are you?
Man I def don't miss papers. I'm plugging away working 70+ hours a week now. Have a contract job working for same co as russo and then evenings at a healthclub. Kinda hating life because of all the work but saving away to buy a bachelor pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
in work, hating life, waiting to hear back if i got a job or not... interview process is just straight up ridiculous
I will be applying and interview for positions in Bos/Smithfield/ and or Westlake. Russo I'm sure you'll get the position you are shooting for. Instead of thank you card send them a thank you dinner in a box. Some steak and wine perhaps

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #256
sandovaltac0574

any one ride quads around here? me and like 5 of my buddies all got quads and we just ride saturdays or sundays all day long. anyone got one thats willing to join and have fun with the big boys or anyone know of anyother spots to go to and ride?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #257
trizzuth

Quote:
Man I def don't miss papers. I'm plugging away working 70+ hours a week now. Have a contract job working for same co as russo and then evenings at a healthclub. Kinda hating life because of all the work but saving away to buy a bachelor pad

I will be applying and interview for positions in Bos/Smithfield/ and or Westlake. Russo I'm sure you'll get the position you are shooting for. Instead of thank you card send them a thank you dinner in a box. Some steak and wine perhaps
70+ hours a week, F that!! nothing is worth working that much, unless you're single and that is your life set it up good man, so you can get a 2 car garage condo in the city! or just move away from the city
Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #258
CJW2OO4

Quote:
70+ hours a week, F that!! nothing is worth working that much, unless you're single and that is your life set it up good man, so you can get a 2 car garage condo in the city! or just move away from the city
Im single saving away. If I was engaged/married and going to be splitting living expensive I wouldn't be working 70 hours a week. I think the furthest I would want to move out of boston (if I was buying a place) is about 10 miles. A place within this particular proximity of boston with a 2 car garage in my price range does not exist

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #259
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:

I just came back from Westlake 2 weeks ago... have you been out there? Idk man... the buildings are gorgeous but what a change in life style man. I don't think I could do it. Friends and family set aside, everything out there is so desolate. Nothing bohemian. From what I have seen, everything is located in a a strip mall like environment (think Patriots Place)... everything either corporate or flat farm land.

Made me realize how awesome the north east is....

Everyone down there was saying to me "oh when you coming down here? you need to move down here, look at how nice these buildings are!"

haha get your face fvcked, i'm spending 8 hours in front of a computer regardless the location, i don't care if your cafeteria overlooks a huge pond and has natural rock going up the side of it.

Last edited by JJR4884; 11-22-2011 at 11:57 AM.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #260
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
I just came back from Westlake 2 weeks ago... have you been out there? Idk man... the buildings are gorgeous but what a change in life style man. I don't think I could do it. Friends and family set aside, everything out there is so desolate. Nothing bohemian. From what I have seen, everything is located in a a strip mall like environment (think Patriots Place)... everything either corporate or flat farm land.

Made me realize how awesome the north east is....

Everyone down there was saying to me "oh when you coming down here? you need to move down here, look at how nice these buildings are!"

haha get your face fvcked, i'm spending 8 hours in front of a computer regardless the location, i don't care if your cafeteria overlooks a huge pond and has natural rock going up the side of it.

I think they might be sending me down in the next month. Not too many people opted to go. I figure right now I really dont do anything monday thru friday so I don't think It would matter to me if I lived in the bean or in tx. I have a relative that works for an airline and I could fly back once /twice a month for the weekend without any problems. So I dont know. I will definitely need to check it out though.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP