E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BSW "Stage 2" Amp - ETA

62K views 262 replies 63 participants last post by  Onizukachan 
#1 ·
Looks like this has been in development for a while, and still is. Any idea on an ETA?

#42 ·
I heard it's codenamed the 'Duke Nukem Forever' edition.

#48 ·
This is coming soon as well! We have prototypes now! ;)

Will the stage 2 amp be too powerful for the bsw stage 1 speakers?

No. It will be designed to drop right in with the Stage 1!

#47 ·
With my BM54 causing issues already I would love this AMP upgrade and would upgrade my HK speakers at the same time.

#52 ·
Any word on this yet? I'm interested as I'd be buying from the UK and would like to save on shipping by getting this and the stage one.

With the new amp is there any chance we can run a seperate sub? I'm not exactly big on car audio so not sure how everything works but I'm interested in putting something like this in http://www.hertzincar.co.uk/products/boxed-subs/hertz-energy-ebx250-4/ and fitting it the recessed sides of the boot.

Cheers

:)

#76 ·
I am not avoiding answering the question. Yes our plan and hope is by the end of the year. Is it going to happen? Not 100% sure at this point. We have working versions but they are not 100% plug and play. We can easily just hack off the harness and hard wire everything but that would defeat the point of the product and it's not something most owners want to do with their BMW. We are working and it's not an 'easy' product to simply throw together. We do not offer products like that. We want the amp to be perfect, the fitment to be perfect an the results to be phenomenal. We have to create the design, get the prototype, test the prototype and make changes. After all that is done and correct we have to do a manufacturing run and it has to be correct. No one wants to plug in their amp and feed power back the wrong way and burn a module up. There is a lot to the product including amp, harnesses and crossovers. We also are working on releasing a few fitments all at once as opposed to one car with one system fitment at a time. This of course extends the release time frame.

So the short answer is yes we want it to be released before the end of the year but no guarantees. I can assure you that I, and BSW, want it to be released sooner rather than later. It will be by far our most popular product.

#82 ·
Halston,

Please break the "roaring silence" with a new & realistic ETA.

I bought the stage 1 & sub in 2009 with the assumption BSW would offer the stage 2 in a reasonable time frame as indicated. As I have PM'ed you previously, I have been really unhappy with the sound quality of the stage 1 and the HK amp, and do believe the amp is the weakest link.

I am unfortunately at a decision point (as I assume many others are) that if I cannot get the stage 2 soon, should I rip out the stage 1 & sub I bought from you and add a new amp and speakers instead? Life is too short to be driving a cool car with crappy audio...

Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to your update.

#84 ·
This thread is still here? This amp is not coming out guys...LOL

#92 ·
They have been having problems keeping a steady power level through the amps flux capacitor at speeds above 88 MPH...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.