E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #61
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
is it still targeted for end of year release?
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #62
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Yes, end of year 2015
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #63
juslookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8down View Post
Yes, end of year 2015
Old 12-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #64
mochi

My Ride: m3
Quote:
Yes, end of year 2015
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #65
e46hellrot

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZen330 View Post
Too pricey at 600. Would have been okay if this was released back in 2008 or 2009 but the cars now are worth less and less. 600 for just an amp coming out in 2012 for 1999-2005 cars...meh. At that price you missed the boat. As you said there are still lots of people buying these cars but they are buying them CHEAP, and those buyers won't be dropping 600 on an amp only. Boat missed. Try 350-400 maybe.
not everyone is cheap. Just sayin..
Old 12-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #66
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46hellrot View Post
true...but $600 for a 4-channel amp (by four channel I realize there are 10 speakers but only 4 way control from the headunit) is on the upper end...and considering it is the only option that is plug-and-play (ie: no options for more or less power)...it should have been priced better.

Great example is sell the entire speaker and amp package for $1k shipped...would be so much easier to sell.

Last edited by ryanwhite74115; 12-07-2011 at 02:05 AM.
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #67
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
Quote:
Yes, end of year 2015
lol.

i predict that it will be out around june or july of 2012....
Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #68
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
me like!

wait so (forgive me if this has been asked already) are stage 2 speakers going to surface is the future? i feel like a package deal where you get the full upgrade (speakers plus amp) for a bit less would help with sales (maybe not though lol)
"Stage 2" is the amp. We redesigned our speaker offerings to go along with this upgrade in mind.

Quote:
Too pricey at 600. Would have been okay if this was released back in 2008 or 2009 but the cars now are worth less and less. 600 for just an amp coming out in 2012 for 1999-2005 cars...meh. At that price you missed the boat. As you said there are still lots of people buying these cars but they are buying them CHEAP, and those buyers won't be dropping 600 on an amp only. Boat missed. Try 350-400 maybe.
To be blunt many say our speaker packages are 'too pricey' as well at 600 dollars for the E46. However it is by far our most popular offering across the board. When you consider the ease of replacement and resulting quality of the upgrade it is a good value for many. To the point that we actually just experienced another Holiday backorder this year for the Standard Fitment(of course working trough that now with a batch to arrive this week).

So yes it is not 'cheap' and you could go build a generic system for less but there is a value to plug and play, designed for your car and the results that you will receive. It will be a phenomenal upgrade and will be more than just adding an amp. We are adding more power as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
true...but $600 for a 4-channel amp (by four channel I realize there are 10 speakers but only 4 way control from the headunit) is on the upper end...and considering it is the only option that is plug-and-play (ie: no options for more or less power)...it should have been priced better.

Great example is sell the entire speaker and amp package for $1k shipped...would be so much easier to sell.

599.99(Speaker Package) + 599.99(Estimated Amp Price) - 25% off for amp = 1050

Of course that is the intro pricing but again as said our most popular products are E46 products. We know it is delayed and I am sure we did miss out on some potential customers but we are working! It has been said before but again while the E46 are our most popular products our E36 is right behind it and surprisingly the E34 which is special order only we get at least 1 call a week asking if we have some ready to ship.

We'll be here and we'll be working on it! Stay tuned!

I'll add some photos to the thread from our fanpage for fun

And as a fun side note... anyone see our new tool kit? *shameless plug*

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #69
MuddZHP

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Hey Halston, how about a 25% discount on the amp for those of us who purchased the stage 1 speaker package at full price? I'd be game for that.
MuddZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #70
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddZHP View Post
Hey Halston, how about a 25% discount on the amp for those of us who purchased the stage 1 speaker package at full price? I'd be game for that.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #71
juslookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg_wannabe View Post
x2

is this still suppose to be for end of year?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #72
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddZHP View Post

Special e-mail will go out to current Stage 1 owners

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #73
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
x2

is this still suppose to be for end of year?
Notice he has now twice avoided answering that question.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #74
e46hellrot

My Ride: e46
Quote:
noticed that!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #75
juslookin

Quote:
im just gonna assume the answer is no. lol

im curious what else has to be worked on thats taking so long. that looks nice tho in the pictures above. seems pretty small too.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #76
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

I am not avoiding answering the question. Yes our plan and hope is by the end of the year. Is it going to happen? Not 100% sure at this point. We have working versions but they are not 100% plug and play. We can easily just hack off the harness and hard wire everything but that would defeat the point of the product and it's not something most owners want to do with their BMW. We are working and it's not an 'easy' product to simply throw together. We do not offer products like that. We want the amp to be perfect, the fitment to be perfect an the results to be phenomenal. We have to create the design, get the prototype, test the prototype and make changes. After all that is done and correct we have to do a manufacturing run and it has to be correct. No one wants to plug in their amp and feed power back the wrong way and burn a module up. There is a lot to the product including amp, harnesses and crossovers. We also are working on releasing a few fitments all at once as opposed to one car with one system fitment at a time. This of course extends the release time frame.

So the short answer is yes we want it to be released before the end of the year but no guarantees. I can assure you that I, and BSW, want it to be released sooner rather than later. It will be by far our most popular product.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #77
Dan Rodriguez

My Ride: 02 SMG M3 Vert
More time working on the product and less time responding to the haters who probably won't buy it anyway Halston. As an owner of both the stage 1 and sub packages, I am anxiously (and patiently) awaiting that "special email"! Even more so now after seeing those pics.

Sent from my XT720 using Bimmer

Last edited by Dan Rodriguez; 12-10-2011 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Typo
Dan Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #78
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
There are still a lot of E46 M3 owners that are paying premiums for low-mileage clean cars. $600 is reasonable to me for an amplifier that's plug and play (of course power levels will have to be appropriate for that price as well).

My E46 M3 was in E92 territory. I just put on $1400 in tires this morning as well.

There are plenty of low cost amps out there for those that don't care about keeping their cars factory. That would be my recommendation for someone in a CHEAP BMW.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #79
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46hellrot View Post
I didn't say that now did I?...Work on the reading thing...just sayin...

Lol at you and the other butthurt guy re my CHEAP comment. Of course there are still some really nice and pricey e46's. Obviously I was just talking about e46 as a whole. Reality is reality guys, these things sell for a few grand now in many many cases. That said, I still love my e46 and have kept it mint and it's still worth a decent penny

Here's a question for BSW though...since this is plug and play will it retain the OEM CD changer harness capability (for use with ipod adaptors, dice trunk units, etc)?

Last edited by ZZen330; 12-13-2011 at 03:28 AM.
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #80
mochi

My Ride: m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
is it still targeted for end of year release?
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote