E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #61
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Yeah......I was one of the "early adopters" .....that was a couple years ago.....
Jeff, are they going to be making any significant Audio Upgrades on the D99 Unit? Thoughts? I'm already on the list to get one, I love my Alpine unit, but Having Nav, bluetooth, music, ipod, backup, etc. in one place would be nicer than my mix of items currently.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #62
BimmerDoc

My Ride: E46 AWD, ///M Coupe
Send a message via AIM to BimmerDoc
Aftermarket or retro fit parking options?
BimmerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #63
nepiman

My Ride: BMW E46
Will they offer a free upgrade on firmware of the dynavin D99 platform to D95 user? If they don't, I'm really disappointed. I bought D95 a couple of days ago.

Last edited by nepiman; 12-04-2011 at 08:25 PM.
nepiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #64
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepiman View Post
Will they offer a free upgrade on firmware of the dynavin D99 platform to D95 user? If they don't, I'm really disappointed. I bought D95 a couple of days ago.
Not everything can be fixed or changed with just updating software, if you'd read anything you'd know that the upcoming D99 is completely new hardware and software.
That's life, you buy something and then a different model comes out, I don't see BMW or anyone else offering you a free upgrade when a new model is released.
Some people here need to be realistic.

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #65
Young Gun

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Not everything can be fixed or changed with just updating software, if you'd read anything you'd know that the upcoming D99 is completely new hardware and software.
That's life, you buy something and then a different model comes out, I don't see BMW or anyone else offering you a free upgrade when a new model is released.
Darkoz is right, there also hardware changes with the D99.

On the other hand... alot of the bugs people complain about could be fixed with software updates (im thinking ipod resume).

At the end of the day... even buying this unit, when the new one comes out it will have some new features that will be even more desirable... so I think I will walk away from Dynavin.... still deciding if I want the D99 but I am also considering a flip out deck for next season. I want to focus more on building an SQ system and the flip out will do much better for that

Last edited by Young Gun; 12-04-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #66
BimmerDoc

Quote:
Nope you have to change hardware. Sell it now if you want a D99
Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #67
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
BMW don't charge to fix broken functionality though. That said, this wont change - this is how Dynavin do stuff I guess. It's annoying but its the way it is. Make sure you are 100% happy with the functionality and any bugs that exist before you buy and work under the assumption that what you get delivered is what you'll have.
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #68
elfer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
I'm liking the rumoured improvements alot.

Dual tuner so you can listen to your favourite station whilst the unit quietly finds and monitors another with Traffic Announcements.

Ipod Resume. At last. I also like the promo shots with what looks like cover art, but I wonder if it's just a generic ipod mode wallpaper rather than actual album covers read from the ipod. A huge improvement over the D90 even if so.

Parrot Bluetooth chip. If it's anywhere near as good as the CK3100 I have in my other car it'll be a huge improvement on my D90. Well done Dynavin for buying that.

OBC display looks great. I'm assuming this is on the 'radio' side rather than the WinCE/Android side. If so, I really hope it can be displayed whilst listening to a source, say aux-in (or whatever). It would be so much better than looking at a blank screen saying 'no video signal' when listening to my external DAB tuner. But I fear it will be a separate 'mode' which cancels the audio currently playing. Let's hope I'm wrong!
elfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #69
MaximumWalrus

I just wish they'd get it to market. Beginning to feel a lot like Vapourwear, it wasnt like this when D95 came out. I was literally about to buy a D95 when they announced this and I'm now I am getting sick of waiting.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #70
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
I just wish they'd get it to market. Beginning to feel a lot like Vapourwear, it wasnt like this when D95 came out. I was literally about to buy a D95 when they announced this and I'm now I am getting sick of waiting.
its only been 3 weeks.....

As I said before, they will be available for the BMWs around the end of the year, Audi and VW units are inbound now.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #71
MaximumWalrus

How long from D95 announcement to market? Infact wasn't it in your hands before it was on the Dynavin website?

I'm just impatient I guess - if I have to do another drive with a stupid stick on the windscreen nav system I'll go mad.

Last edited by MaximumWalrus; 12-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #72
floc_

My Ride: VW Scirocco
hi all

do you have any info on new D99 platform hardware? ram, cpu, and so on? I'm also interested in android unit for my car (DNV-vw in my case, but it doesn't matter) but has to be equippeg with a decent hardware...
floc_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #73
Darkoz

Quote:
BMW don't charge to fix broken functionality though. That said, this wont change - this is how Dynavin do stuff I guess. It's annoying but its the way it is. Make sure you are 100% happy with the functionality and any bugs that exist before you buy and work under the assumption that what you get delivered is what you'll have.
Like I said, people here need to be realistic, do their research before they buy so they know what to expect.
I don't know anything about any broken functionality, I've had my Dynavin for almost 18 months without one problem, it works as expected and have been very happy with it.

Wait till the D99 unit comes out, the whinging will continue.

Last edited by Darkoz; 12-05-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #74
petrutms

My Ride: bmw e46
a really interesting review about d99 will come tomorrow from me!
petrutms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #75
sgplayer69

My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
hmmm, I should ask for this for christmas lol
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #76
nepiman

My Ride: BMW E46
I think companys should always consider about the consumers first.
It is important to provide an upgraded software to eliminate or improve errors and bugs for the current users even though they launch any new or related products.
For example, Apple continuosly provide a service called "IOS" to provide the upgrades to 3GS or 4G users even though they lauched 4S.
Dynavin is not a company that manufacters appliances like vaccums, memory cards, or washers.
I am sure that Dynavin is a reliable company so this company is loved by bimmers. However, in order to satify the users, I think the company has to constantly provide a service to current users even though updated product is launched. If after service is not provided well who would want to purchase any other products from this company in the future.
If new related products are lanched and a purchased product turns out dated then most users would say, "Upgrade version will be lauched soon so it is worthless to buy the product now."

Last edited by nepiman; 12-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.
nepiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #77
BimmerDoc

Quote:
Plus one..... Seems like I'm always waiting for them

Quote:
It is important to provide an upgraded software to eliminate or improve errors and bugs for the current users even though they launch any new or related products.
For example, Apple continuosly provide a service called "IOS" to provide the upgrades to 3GS or 4G users even though they lauched 4S.
Dynavin is not a company that manufacters appliances like vaccums, memory cards, or washers.
I am sure that Dynavin is a reliable company so this company is loved by bimmers. However, in order to satify the users, I think the company has to constantly provide a service to current users even though updated product is launched. If after service is not provided well who would want to purchase any other products from this company in the future.
If new related products are lanched and a purchased product turns out dated then most users would say, "Upgrade version will be lauched soon so it is worthless to buy the product now."

Although I would buy a heavily reduced priced D95. I'm still using IPad 1 just fine. Bought it from apple store after iPad 2 was released

Last edited by BimmerDoc; 12-05-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #78
Darkoz

Quote:
From what I've seen these past 2 years that's exactly what Dynavin's been doing.
No point in comparing Apple to Dynavin cause it's not comparing apples to apples and you'll find just as many people whinging about Apple's products, myself being one of them.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #79
petrut

My Ride: bmw e46
small review
1. dual radio tuner really works
2. android is nice, but buggy, i`m working on it, finally.
3. bluetooth is great, works perfect with iphone, alphabetic search, calling, audo streaming, etc.
4. media interface is crap, see picture, but you have android for music !
5. OBC is damn cool, forgot to add pic
6. screen in sunlight is useless. you cant see anything.
7. main menu animations are slow but can live with it.

any questions just ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1148.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	427959   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1152.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	427960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1151.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	427961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1146.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	427962  

petrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #80
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
looks good petrut, no change to android, looks like the same digital media interface as the D95, glad the bluetooth is solid. I should have my shipment of audi units in a couple days.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote