E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
BMW 3-series Named to C&D "10 Best Cars" for 21st Consecutive Time

Full Coverage:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...t-cars-feature

Quote:
BMW 3-series / M3 - The 3 is still The One

The competition should have figured out a way to beat the BMW 3-series by now. Itís not for lack of trying: Every so often, another carmaker will pitch a worthy competitor into the mix, but none has been able to knock the 3-series from its pedestal or even maintain its consistent brilliance. After 21 consecutive years on the 10Best list, BMW continues to evolve the 3-series toward some platonic ideal of sportiness. You donít notice the seats, the steering, the suspension, or the brakes because everything feels natural. Everything feels right. And how has no other automaker matched the silkiness of BMWís inline-six engines? Donít forget the M3, either, which remains magnificent in the twilight of a celebrated life, thanks largely to that lusty 414-hp, 8300-rpm V-8. The 3-series sedan is on hiatus until a new model drops in February. In other words, even as the entire current 3-series lineup is on the way out the door, it still roasts the competition. The biggest threat to its dominance is not from another carmaker but from BMW itself. An increased focus on gizmology has robbed a couple of recently introduced BMWs of the athletic, connected feeling that made the old Ultimate Driving Machine tag line ring so true. Hereís to hoping BMW doesnít screw up the best one.

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
K1rby

My Ride: has no C pillars
The balance of an inline 6 is simply superior to any other platform. I wish more manufacturers would use it.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Turbo 4cyl is going to suck.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
K1rby

My Ride: has no C pillars
Test drive an Audi, Saab, VW, MINI, etc... You can get the power, but it rattles like a tin can full of rocks.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirby147 View Post
Test drive an Audi, Saab, VW, MINI, etc... You can get the power, but it rattles like a tin can full of rocks.
Not BMW.

N20 is absurdly perfect.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
Fatal Flash

My Ride: '12 RRS, '12 Evoque
Surprised they showed a 335is! Looks sick in red

Fatal Flash is offline   Reply With Quote