E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #41
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
Get a back pressure sensor on the manifold! That would tell you for sure!
i figured you guys had done something like that since its a critical potential bottle neck for your 1000hp project. Or are you simply getting rid of it and making a custom tubular?
Sounds like that is something i need to seriously consider in the future some time. not right this instant.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #42
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
I am going to see what we can do with the manifold once we get it off. Maybe I can throw it on the mill and really open it up to flow better.

I still am trying to do a pull on meth. The meth tank was empty so I got a gallon of meth today. I need to figure out how to purge it, looks easy in video however Tom is missing the jumper harness that HPF supplies so that you can purge it. I need a schematic to figure out how to do that without the harness. HPF is getting back to me tomorrow on that.
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #43
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
I am going to see what we can do with the manifold once we get it off. Maybe I can throw it on the mill and really open it up to flow better.

I still am trying to do a pull on meth. The meth tank was empty so I got a gallon of meth today. I need to figure out how to purge it, looks easy in video however Tom is missing the jumper harness that HPF supplies so that you can purge it. I need a schematic to figure out how to do that without the harness. HPF is getting back to me tomorrow on that.
That would be a great option for those of us that want to step it up and keep the manifold, well if it works. Hopefully HPF gets back to you quickly so we can get some runs with meth.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #44
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Quote:

You don't need the jumper harness. A simple wire or paper clip and you can jump out the harness to purge the pump.

I think you are underestimating the Steed Speed manifold. It looks like a log manifold but inside it is a true tubular header. The runner diameter is the same as 1.5" sch 10 piping. It has performed on par with the best tubular headers for the E36. That said, it would be nice to see where it corks up the system! I was going to run it on my car with the 80mm but I wanted to incorporate a twin scroll housing for better response.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #45
Bdave

Manufacturer claims 1400HP, but you know how that goes sometimes. I thought it was supposed to be pretty decent, but it WOULD be great to see some flow figures just to know for sure. I am hoping I am at a level where its going to give us more than adequate flow for our purposes. If had a 76mm and was looking at 1000+ HP i would be more concerned. We'll just have to see.
Note: Look into using their recommended SS sealing rings. They/he sent us a set for free. Nice guy BTW. Him and his wife.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #46
Reid@SP
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Toyota Supra
Send a message via AIM to Reid@SP Send a message via Yahoo to Reid@SP
Here's a few pictures to get you guys up to date a bit. The motor is already out and being disassembled for the machine shop!

Sound Performance
Shop (630) 893-5002
Cell (847) 363-3139

reid@spracingonline.com

**PLEASE DO NOT PM ME!! Please email me for inquiries/communicaton**
Reid@SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #47
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)

Thanks for the updates Reid, hope everyone at SP had a awesome Christmas!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #48
323tom

Small updates...

Ordered a set of CCW lm20's... 18x9.5 fronts and 18x12 rears wrapped in 275/35/18 r888 fronts and 335/30/18 rears

Also some new wide body plans/matte white wrap in the works after SP is done with the car

Also the DSS axles will be ordered and still thinking of replacing my PSS9s with something better but the car is taking to much out of my house fund!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #49
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
What's wrong with PSS9s? I thought they were pretty good but you are taking the car to extremes so you might want something even better.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #50
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
Ordered a set of CCW lm20's... 18x9.5 fronts and 18x12 rears wrapped in 275/35/18 r888 fronts and 335/30/18 rears
DAMNYUM!!! That is some serious rubber bro and you can't go wrong with CCW, but then again I might be bias .

Oh yeah and DON'T mess with the house fund!

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #51
323tom

PSS9 are "good" but not "amazing" lol but I'll most likely keep them for another season and upgrade to motons down the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
What's wrong with PSS9s? I thought they were pretty good but you are taking the car to extremes so you might want something even better.
haha ya I'm ccw and volk bias! Can't wait to see the rubber from the back! Don't worry I haven't dipped into the house fund to much :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
DAMNYUM!!! That is some serious rubber bro and you can't go wrong with CCW, but then again I might be bias .

Oh yeah and DON'T mess with the house fund!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #52
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
PSS9 are "good" but not "amazing" lol but I'll most likely keep them for another season and upgrade to motons down the road

haha ya I'm ccw and volk bias! Can't wait to see the rubber from the back! Don't worry I haven't dipped into the house fund to much :p

Once you go motons you never go back!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #53
323tom

Lol I bet! Can't wait to order a set, probably not this year unless I find a steal on a like new kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Once you go motons you never go back!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #54
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Looking great Larry. I can't wait to see the final numbers. We got some great numbers out of Tonys HPF stage 3 with proefi today. 640rwhp on 92 octane. I'll post up E85 results tomorrow.

Chris
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #55
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Looking great Larry. I can't wait to see the final numbers. We got some great numbers out of Tonys HPF stage 3 with proefi today. 640rwhp on 92 octane. I'll post up E85 results tomorrow.

Chris

Thanks Chris! That M3 motor was fun to get the Vanos apart!! First time for anything is always fun! Supras are much easier to work on! LOL
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #56
Bdave

We threw in some new viton seals and orings from Beisan Systems while it was apart. Very cheap upgrade and super convenient time to do it when the Vanos is apart. Buna N is what is in there now. They do fine until the day you wish you had put in a set of inexpensive Vitons when you had the chance.
Just sayin...
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #57
323tom

Hey Bdave that's actually something I was thinking of renewing is the vanos system, do you have a link to a kit I could buy? Thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #58
toy4to

My Ride: 2004 M3 AA Gen6 1.5
Looks like an awesome project!

Tom, I see you're from Toronto, where do you plan on getting your E85? Closest fillup to the GTA is Guelph...
toy4to is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #59
323tom

I am actually from Waterloo, only 20 min from that e85 station but the problem is they won't sell to me as my car does not have a VIN with e85 compatible is what I'm being told, I went out and bought one of those flex fuel e85 badges you see on newer trucks and I'm going to put it on my trunk, hopefully they will fall for it and sell to me! If not I have a source for it in Ottawa and I can buy drums at a time which will last me a long time since I usually only drive my car on weekend.. But obviously pumping it from a station is a lot better than a drum although I found a sweet pump that hooks up to drums at princess auto for 400 with the nozzle and pump that plugs into the wall or u can get a 12v one for your car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4to View Post
Looks like an awesome project!

Tom, I see you're from Toronto, where do you plan on getting your E85? Closest fillup to the GTA is Guelph...
Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #60
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Found this. The price seems good for e98. Haven't checked if they ship. You should try contacting them.

http://www.innovativetuning.com/services/