E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 AM   #21
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnStar View Post
Hey guys thanks to aggie's help i just installed my magnaflow and love it. However next step is headers and was wondering if 70,000 miles is too late to start spending money on more mods? How hard and long can we drive these cars for? How many miles do you have on your e46?
I bought my 325i with 76k on the clock and I plan on adding plenty of modifications to it. I honestly don't plan on ever selling my 325i and while I realize that it won't be my daily driver forever with proper care and meticulous maintenance I do expect it to run as long as I own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
You joined this board to pay someone else to do stuff on your car?
Ive never done any major work on my car myself and I don't feel like any less of an enthusiast. I have a great mechanic who does the work cheaply and I don't need to mess anything up to gain "learning experience".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
So your telling me that M54 has forged pistons...and I can run NOS????
No, do not put nitrous on your car. Nitrous puts unnecessary stress on your engine, forged internals or not. Plus there are very few ways to make your car straight line fast and nitrous is not one of them. Instead focus on the suspension and let your car shine where it is able.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
So Slow

My Ride: 330i
bullshit no one likes the tuna here.
So Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #23
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
I would recommend the BimmerBrake headers. but I got over 200K on my car. 70K is nothing.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #24
ChaseN

My Ride: A Junker
Send a message via AIM to ChaseN
Considering this threads from June, I bet he already made a decision...

2002 M3 blk/blk 6mt - Gone :/
ChaseN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #25
330Cole

My Ride: 01' 330Ci
edwin knows alota thangs, and onea da thangs edwin knows is, its not how u stand by ya caa, its how you race ya caa. better learn dat
330Cole is offline   Reply With Quote