E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #41
vwott

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I had two E46 M3s. The first one was stolen (2003) and bought a new one when I got the check (2004.5) and both were pieces of sh!t. Sure, they were fun to drive, but I spent most of my time driving them to the dealer, and rocking a 3.0 X5 loaner. Biggest POS car I have ever owned. My 2004 coupe was at the dealer 19 times in 3 months. My 2003 vert was at the dealer 7 times in 2 months. A friend of mine has a genesis coupe with some minor mods. Far superior car to my M3s, you know, except the badging.

P.S. I am sure you noticed the S class having a 7 series trunk, all major manufacturers sticking LEDs in their headlights, etc. Like I said, everyone copies everyone.
Cool. You convinced me that a Genesis is the way to go. You don't have to worry about anyone stealing it because no one has done enough research on the steel they use to make it to know how superior it is.
vwott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:38 AM   #42
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwott View Post
Cool. You convinced me that a Genesis is the way to go. You don't have to worry about anyone stealing it because no one has done enough research on the steel they use to make it to know how superior it is.
I wasn't the one who made the claim that the German cars are built with better labor and better steel.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 AM   #43
vwott

My Ride: e46 M3
You mean where I said they use lesser quality MATERIAL (everything the car is made of) and probably CHEAPER labor (not worse) and they are able to make a decent car at a cheaper price (Still just a replica of a nicer car that cost more).
vwott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #44
benzedid

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 318i
Send a message via Skype™ to benzedid
ok. i think this thread is going a bit far. the point was to make fun of the ad so lets just stick to the point.

benzedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #45
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
1 thing I always noticed is you never see a 10 year old Kia or Hyundai rolling on the streets.

But every other car brand you do
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #46
wild willy

My Ride: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
1 thing I always noticed is you never see a 10 year old Kia or Hyundai rolling on the streets.

I see lots..I think you are thinking of 20 yr old Hyundai's
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #47
BMW.Nick

My Ride: 2003 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
Tunnel vision will get you one place.......Step back...and look around..What hyundai has done is amazing...if they go as far as they have come, BMW and every other MFG in the world will be way behind them
Hyundai hasn't done anything special AT ALL. Their cars are merely replicas of other manufacturers vehicles. The drive is horrendous and the build quality is poor. Sure, their cars look nicer than they did 10 years ago, but that's only because they gave up on trying to be original and started mimicking what's already out. If it weren't for companies like Honda and Toyota Leading the way in that segment, there would be no Hyundai.

I appraise and buy cars for a living, so I speak from first hand experience and not just reading road & track or seeing them on the road. Hyundai isn't on the level of Honda or Toyota, let alone any of the high lines. They will always be a cheap copy of better cars, and that's the end of it

Last edited by BMW.Nick; 12-28-2011 at 08:00 AM.
BMW.Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #48
wild willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.Nick View Post
I appraise and buy cars for a living, so I speak from first hand experience and not just reading road & track or seeing them on the road. Hyundai isn't on the level of Honda or Toyota, let alone any of the high lines. They will always be a cheap copy of better cars, and that's the end of it

I can tell you I will never own another Honda.......I got one I'll sell you since you think they are so good. That is another MFG that has gone down hill in the quality dept ...cruising on an old reputation...........

Fock honda
Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #49
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
This thread reminds me of this video.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7561955/need-a-bmw

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #50
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
I had two E46 M3s. The first one was stolen (2003) and bought a new one when I got the check (2004.5) and both were pieces of sh!t. Sure, they were fun to drive, but I spent most of my time driving them to the dealer, and rocking a 3.0 X5 loaner. Biggest POS car I have ever owned. My 2004 coupe was at the dealer 19 times in 3 months. My 2003 vert was at the dealer 7 times in 2 months. A friend of mine has a genesis coupe with some minor mods. Far superior car to my M3s, you know, except the badging.

P.S. I am sure you noticed the S class having a 7 series trunk, all major manufacturers sticking LEDs in their headlights, etc. Like I said, everyone copies everyone.
Maybe you just had a bad experience? Most M3 owners I know personally haven't experienced anything even remotely like that. What went wrong with the cars during those times? 19 trips in 3 months is insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #51
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
You mean where I said they use lesser quality MATERIAL (everything the car is made of) and probably CHEAPER labor (not worse) and they are able to make a decent car at a cheaper price (Still just a replica of a nicer car that cost more).
The difference in build quality between a BMW and a Honda is palpable. Hondas feel like cheap, tinny crap, and age poorly. I haven't driven one, but I would imagine that the new Hyundais are a step below Honda.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #52
benzedid

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 318i
Send a message via Skype™ to benzedid
i think we can set up a poll and see how many votes we get. that would give us a much broader idea of what most users think of BMW here.

benzedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #53
Krizzy TanG

My Ride: E90 and F30 diesel
Funny How they compare a sh!tty sh!tbox with one of the (arguably) best BMW's ever build.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #54
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by _.dstrukt.n1ne View Post
I trust your opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CK View Post
That is an absolutely ridiculous example. One had much further to go before what they were producing what could be considered even an acceptable product.

That's like saying that someone who starts off being able to bench press 50 pounds and trains to be able to bench press 250 pounds is stronger and a better competitor than someone who can bench press 300 pounds and is also still in training.

I ****ing hate these threads. It's just a bunch of unfounded theories from either side of the argument, just completely talking out of their ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkripon View Post
I don't care about car comparisons much...but this I got to put my two cents in...use to hate BMW and Mercedes until I drove and owned one...there's no comparison... i rather buy a $10K,10 year old e46 over a new Hyundai or kia any day of the week... BMW focused on.making the best cars on the tracks and on the roads...not toaster ovens and TV's and such...lol...when you are at the top of the game as BMW is in the car industry ...the only other way is down (once another car company catches up)...yes Hyundai and Kia are looking better now...its because they offer one of BMW top designer more money to work for their design department ...and hence you all kinda notice how Hyundai and Kia has similarities to BMW's ....in headlights..taillights ...and body lines...(check it out)...and for Hyundai/Kia engine reliability...that will mostly depend on the owner's and how they take are of their cars...I have not really seen very much 1988 Hyundai that are clean...mostly crap ...we'll see how these newer Hyundai/Kia hold up in looks and reliability in the next 10-20 years from now....on the other hand...owners of older BMW's still cherish their car and there are a lot of older BMW's out there that still looks like the first day out of the showroom floor...just my two cents and a half...
Quote:
I don't know why people give Hyundai so much credit for coming such a long way. They just make low grade replicas of German cars, use lesser quality material where they can get away with it and probably pay their workers less to build it. In the end you have a decent car for less money.
Quote:
Never saw a BMW replica of a Hyundai.

And honestly I don't care enough to research. If you have all the knowledge to prove that Hyundai is better then cool; buy a Hyundai. I'll be the sucker in the inferior M3.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.Nick View Post
Hyundai hasn't done anything special AT ALL. Their cars are merely replicas of other manufacturers vehicles. The drive is horrendous and the build quality is poor. Sure, their cars look nicer than they did 10 years ago, but that's only because they gave up on trying to be original and started mimicking what's already out. If it weren't for companies like Honda and Toyota Leading the way in that segment, there would be no Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
I can tell you I will never own another Honda.......I got one I'll sell you since you think they are so good. That is another MFG that has gone down hill in the quality dept ...cruising on an old reputation...........

Fock honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Maybe you just had a bad experience? Most M3 owners I know personally haven't experienced anything even remotely like that. What went wrong with the cars during those times? 19 trips in 3 months is insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
The difference in build quality between a BMW and a Honda is palpable. Hondas feel like cheap, tinny crap, and age poorly. I haven't driven one, but I would imagine that the new Hyundais are a step below Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzedid View Post
i think we can set up a poll and see how many votes we get. that would give us a much broader idea of what most users think of BMW here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizzy TanG View Post
Funny How they compare a sh!tty sh!tbox with one of the (arguably) best BMW's ever build.

^^These guys ALL know what they're talking about. It all makes sense, it's all based on personal OWNERSHIP and DRIVING experiences, and is all 100% correct.

F*** honda fan, comes into E46 OT, complains about how many times his uncared-for BMWs went into the shop when he owned them, praises Hundays.

God this should be thread of the F****** year!

That's it, I am staring a poll. S2000 owner, please check in!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #55
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
I'm going to bet half the people who talk about how they'd rather drive a $10k BMW than a brand new Hyundai couldn't afford the new Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #56
wild willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I'm going to bet half the people who talk about how they'd rather drive a $10k BMW than a brand new Hyundai couldn't afford the new Hyundai.
lololololo....Interesting theory...probably a lot of truth to this
Old 12-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #57
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
I bought you a jacket.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #58
tifreak

My Ride: 04 325xi
Quote:
I don't see anyone bringing the 318ti into the convo. Ultimate driving machine? I think not.
compared to a majority of 4 cyl. hatchbacks that were sold during the 90's?
tifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #59
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
^^These guys ALL know what they're talking about. It all makes sense, it's all based on personal OWNERSHIP and DRIVING experiences, and is all 100% correct.

F*** honda fan, comes into E46 OT, complains about how many times his uncared-for BMWs went into the shop when he owned them, praises Hundays.

God this should be thread of the F****** year!

That's it, I am staring a poll. S2000 owner, please check in!
Jackass of the year post. Believe me, I know more about BMWs than you ever will. All of my cars are meticulously maintained BY ME. I change my own clutches and everything else that needs to be changed in a car. I worked on MANY forum members' cars of all types, S4s, M3s, Evos, S2000s, etc. Hell, it got so busy at one point, I was making almost an equal salary just working on members' cars. My M3s were at the dealer for QC issues. On my vert, my top stopped working with 500 miles on the clock. Then my TPMS light kept going off, even though all the tires were perfectly inflated. After that, the heated seats stopped working. None of my issues were ever "neglect" related.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #60
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Jackass of the year post. Believe me, I know more about BMWs than you ever will. All of my cars are meticulously maintained BY ME. I change my own clutches and everything else that needs to be changed in a car. I worked on MANY forum members' cars of all types, S4s, M3s, Evos, S2000s, etc. Hell, it got so busy at one point, I was making almost an equal salary just working on members' cars. My M3s were at the dealer for QC issues. On my vert, my top stopped working with 500 miles on the clock. Then my TPMS light kept going off, even though all the tires were perfectly inflated. After that, the heated seats stopped working. None of my issues were ever "neglect" related.
I think you just topped me with this post. At one time, you are constantly complaining about how many times your BMWs are in the shop. Then you turn right around and say that you maintain them yourself, and that when they go into the shop, it isn't for neglect-related items. Your automatic top on your M3 Vert stopped working under warranty. Do you have any idea how many cars have issues when they are bought new and drive off the lot? Any idea how many times other cars need to go back when new because of similar issues? Does your S2000 even have an automatic top, or is it really a much simpler car than a BMW? You're the one that said you have a wealth of BMW knowledge, so much more than anyone else. You should know that an E46 M3 vert is not even in the same class as a Honda S2000. Then you complain about TPMS not working correctly, honestly, I am personally amazed that someone who fixes their own BMWs would even care about TPMS. Sure, if it came with the car and wasn't working that's annoying, but don't you know how to check tire pressure?

Listen, let me make this simple for you. This is a car forum, true. But this is a BMW car forum. And this is a BMW car forum for ONE SPECIFIC chassis of BMWs, the E46. So when you come in here trying to drop all this knowledge about other brands of cars, what do you expect to happen? I didn't go onto a Honda forum and post a poll about BMWs vs Hyundais, did I?

By the way, I've fixed every single thing on both of my E46's by myself, ever since I went off the CPO warranty, which was about 6 years ago. Only thing I haven't had to touch is the clutch, or transmission, but that's probably because I know how to drive a manual transmission car. 154K on the original clutch baby.