E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
kiemyster

My Ride: 600hp AW E90 320i
Exclamation Facebook Official Bimmerpost Event Notification Group

I have created a facebook group dedicated to posting information for relevant meets/caravans/runs/photoshoots/events/races.

The idea of it is to have easier access to all information pertaining to all meets in the tristate area. There's nothing worse than finding out you missed a meet because you didn't know about it, or ended up meeting at the wrong location due to a change in meeting points and u didn't check the forum. so to avoid all this nonsense, its much easier to keep up on these things when its a group in the facebook.

the current e90post tristate chat group is used for chat, this group will be the informative supplement to it providing all relevant information for meets and events.

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/tristatebmwmeets/

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
kiemyster

Also please post your forum and handle when you join
Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: QUEENS, NY
fk facebook, slowing down my forums man! lol
AndrewBigA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
kiemyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
fk facebook, slowing down my forums man! lol
hilarious

Dont worry, there's not that much activity on this forum

btw do you do wetsanding? wouldnt mind getting my paint to look freshhh

Last edited by kiemyster; 01-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.
kiemyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
His hands are made out of gold. ^^^

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiemyster View Post
hilarious

Dont worry, there's not that much activity on this forum

btw do you do wetsanding? wouldnt mind getting my paint to look freshhh
all the forums were a lil slower this summer bc everyone but me is on FB. i refuse to do it. im going to hold out for as long as i can. i think its more important for me to finally have a blog page/website built...never really had one lol.

yes i do wetsnding. you can follow my current project here:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...surprises.html

i started out as a prep guy in the body shop, learning how to paint n stuff =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46tknv View Post
LOL i shall put this in my sig.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
DropTopKingM3
OG ///Member

My Ride: All German
Quote:
Read his sig, they're made of microfiber.

Andrew you'd be very proud of me if you saw the job I tackled with my M3 this week. I purchased a 1000 watt hologen lamp and did my M3 with some M105 and M205 (orange and blue pads on a PC). Finished her up with Einszett Glanz Wax.. That wax really put the icing on the cake. I started it last thursday and worked a few hours each day little by little. The lamp really helps you get a glimpse of EVERYTHING that you cant see with normal lighting. I still have some finishing touches and then Ill get started with the interior.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^

Last edited by DropTopKingM3; 01-06-2012 at 05:22 PM.
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
Read his sig, they're made of microfiber.

Andrew you'd be very proud of me if you saw the job I tackled with my M3 this week. I purchased a 1000 watt hologen lamp and did my M3 with some M105 and M205 (orange and blue pads on a PC). Finished her up with Einszett Glanz Wax.. That wax really put the icing on the cake. I started it last thursday and worked a few hours each day little by little. The lamp really helps you get a glimpse of EVERYTHING that you cant see with normal lighting. I still have some finishing touches and then Ill get started with the interior.
firstly george, my hands have just been upgraded to GOLD

well good for you but why would i be proud? this woud explain why you never hit me up for that detail. LOL U fkkker! Glanz is really good stuff. i havent used it much recently but its still awsome stuff. i heard 2 layers improves the gloss.
your lucky your car is white bc on a hot, humid day...glanz on a dark colored car leaves streaks & can also leave a haze that can be a pita to remove. yea glanz is great! happy detailin!

Last edited by AndrewBigA; 01-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
kiemyster

Well i guess i know who im hitting up before my car hits the NYIAS this year
Old 01-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Well i guess i know who im hitting up before my car hits the NYIAS this year
NYIAS? what? when? where? why wetsand? got deep pocket$?
i LOVE wet$anding projects.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
DropTopKingM3
OG ///Member

My Ride: All German
Quote:
firstly george, my hands have just been upgraded to GOLD

well good for you but why would i be proud? this woud explain why you never hit me up for that detail. LOL U fkkker! Glanz is really good stuff. i havent used it much recently but its still awsome stuff. i heard 2 layers improves the gloss.
your lucky your car is white bc on a hot, humid day...glanz on a dark colored car leaves streaks tht are a pita to remove. yea glanz is great! happy detailin!
I meant proud as in you would be impressed with the results of my near 25 hour work using the right products. Not just throwing 5 coats of wax like non detailers thinking that will fully correct paint.

Andrew I would definitely reach out to you but I'm in Westchester so it would be hard for me to drop off the car and come get it. Also I sorta like doing my own detail work. I might not drop by your shop but I always drop the word for you whenever Im speaking to people in your neck of the woods.

Within the past few years its become a hobby of mine. I guess its my therapy and takes me away from the pressures of my everyday life lol. I love seeing the before and after comparison! I couldn't do this for hire by any means. A lot of people don't realize how truly difficult it can be to detail a car the proper way. A lot of car people just wanna compare pricing rather than products and methods used.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
I needa know how to detail/wetsand and all that sh%t. I think all I am missing is a rotary buffer and great products. I would like to take on my own car as a project. Andrew you seen it, hopefully you remembered it. I believe it can look much better then it already does.

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
kiemyster

Quote:
NYIAS? what? when? where? why wetsand? got deep pocket$?
i LOVE wet$anding projects.
now u know the secret
Old 01-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
I meant proud as in you would be impressed with the results of my near 25 hour work using the right products. Not just throwing 5 coats of wax like non detailers thinking that will fully correct paint.

Andrew I would definitely reach out to you but I'm in Westchester so it would be hard for me to drop off the car and come get it. Also I sorta like doing my own detail work. I might not drop by your shop but I always drop the word for you whenever Im speaking to people in your neck of the woods.

Within the past few years its become a hobby of mine. I guess its my therapy and takes me away from the pressures of my everyday life lol. I love seeing the before and after comparison! I couldn't do this for hire by any means. A lot of people don't realize how truly difficult it can be to detail a car the proper way. A lot of car people just wanna compare pricing rather than products and methods used.
george its ok. im just messing with ya lol. thanks for spreading the good word. you can always come to my shop to pick my brain just a bit.

Quote:
I needa know how to detail/wetsand and all that sh%t. I think all I am missing is a rotary buffer and great products. I would like to take on my own car as a project. Andrew you seen it, hopefully you remembered it. I believe it can look much better then it already does.
if you have no experience wetsanding then learning as you go on your own car is going to lead to burned edges, holograms & all kinds of other goodies. when i learned i had the painter to cover my rear end if i messed up. i was 18, just working my tail off in my uncles friends body shop as the low man on the scrotum pole as they sometimes would call me lol. wetsanding takes a alot of skill & just as much knowledge of what your doing. i still wetsand by hand. i disagree with using an orbital or air sander for wetsanding work. i know thats the new sheezeeeee heezyyyyy but its best done with your hands. you need to feel the car & feel the paint. your eyes need to be trained to see paint defects. my first teacher would point out fisheyes, dust nibs & other stuff like runs in the clear & without him pointing them out, i wouldnt even known they were there. hell i was tought to wetsand to match the factory orangepeel. so if the qp was painted but the door wasnt, you couldnt tell bc the new peel blended in with the old peel. polish up the side of the car & you can never tell she was painted. thats asuming you have good paint & prep work. i dont know, im stuck with the old skool skills i was tought about 15 years ago. im gettin old. no i wont teach you how to wetsand lol.

just remember what your parents prob told you, that you learn from your mistakes. its so cheezy but so true.

out of all things detailing i do love wetsanding the best. not bc of the potential $ but bc a flat, zero peel car looks amazing!

Quote:
now u know the secret
lol theres alot of $ in wetsanding but it has to be done by someone that knows what theyre doing. i wetsanded cars every day n the body shops for 4 years straight pretty much. it was one of the first things i was tought.
i can wetsand with my eyes closed. thats how i used to practice my form & technique. close my eyes, open them, then study the pattern of micro scratches left behind by the sandpaper. also used to do this with my rotary to train myself to have good form & stuff. if you can memorize the pattern the machine is supposed to go in & can controll the machine to go where you want it to go then your golden. when i first learned how to rotary compund the machine would pull me from side to side. it takes alot of time on the wheel to be able to manipulate the polisher to move with the shape of the body.

Last edited by AndrewBigA; 01-06-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
Sofresh2Clean

My Ride: ...
Quote:
i was 18, just working my tail off in my uncles friends body shop as the low man on the scrotum pole as they sometimes would call me lol.
Thats the quote of the day. I wish I could put that in my sig
Sofresh2Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
kiemyster

Quote:
lol theres alot of $ in wetsanding but it has to be done by someone that knows what theyre doing. i wetsanded cars every day n the body shops for 4 years straight pretty much. it was one of the first things i was tought.
i can wetsand with my eyes closed. thats how i used to practice my form & technique. close my eyes, open them, then study the pattern of micro scratches left behind by the sandpaper. also used to do this with my rotary to train myself to have good form & stuff. if you can memorize the pattern the machine is supposed to go in & can controll the machine to go where you want it to go then your golden. when i first learned how to rotary compund the machine would pull me from side to side. it takes alot of time on the wheel to be able to manipulate the polisher to move with the shape of the body.
Whatever it takes to eliminate orange peel
Old 01-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
AndrewBigA
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproexec View Post
Thats the quote of the day. I wish I could put that in my sig
do it.
Quote:
Whatever it takes to eliminate orange peel
sounds good. i got you. check your pms.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
kiemyster

Quote:
do it.

sounds good. i got you. check your pms.
PMs replied!

also its great to see so many of you guys from e46fanatics on the group!