E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #61
spikester550
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 1,004
My Ride: 330ci, 86.5 hardbody
Send a message via AIM to spikester550
The OP went from fail to almost win. Just search tho.
__________________
MODS
ESS TX2, 3.38 Diff, K&N CAI, 19" LM's, UUC TSE3,
30 LED AE, OEM MT2 Front & Rear,
CF CSL Trunk, Black Kidney Grills, Smoked Corners,
Painted Reflectors, M3 Steering Wheel,
ZHP Shift Knob, Clutch Stop, Shark Injector,
15mm Spacers, 3k DDM HID Fogs, OEM M3 Hood,
Coilovers, UUC Sways, and many more..
spikester550 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
ShaTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 123
My Ride: 2004 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
As donk as it looks, the builder definitely has a lot of skill.

http://englishrussia.com/2008/05/29/...s-and-pu-foam/
.... just an fyi, a donk is a raised up impala, caprice, monte carlo, etc etc with big rims. Looks like this





big rims does not a donk make. But i'm glad you guys enjoyed the word so much


jkarp1 - nice choice, good size.
ShaTR is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #63
Big Rick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: On the Rappahannock River
Posts: 1,420
My Ride: 325Xi
Ya know... I always see weird sh1t like that going down the road. I've had more than a few flip me off when I bust out laughing as I turn the corner and look at them at the light. You know... shi1t that just doesn't look right.
__________________
NWS and Advertising Removed.
Big Rick is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #64
ac_2007
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,949
My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaTR View Post
.... just an fyi, a donk is a raised up impala, caprice, monte carlo, etc etc with big rims. Looks like this

big rims does not a donk make. But i'm glad you guys enjoyed the word so much
It still possesses traits of a donkmobile, but I am eternally grateful for your clarification on the word's etymology, fellow Torontonian.

"Big rims does not a donk make" - Guys don't joking again, ok?

Last edited by ac_2007; 01-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.
ac_2007 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #65
ShaTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 123
My Ride: 2004 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
It still possesses trails of a donkmobile, but I am eternally grateful for your clarification on the word's etymology, fellow Torontonian.

"Big rims does not a donk make" - Guys don't joking again, ok?
LOL shaaaad aaaaap
ShaTR is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #66
jkarp1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 47
My Ride: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
You might want to acquire the vehicle first.
Obviously, sorry didn't think I'd have to point out the obvious. I'll think about you simpletons next time
jkarp1 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #67
328redleather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Queens
Posts: 233
My Ride: 328ci white/red
I had 20 x 10 on my 328ci with no mod al all. Did rub a little on big bumps tho
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/picture...ictureid=19724
328redleather is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #68
NsaneRacer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 47
My Ride: 330i
Urban Dictionary

2. donk

Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.
NsaneRacer is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #69
dreyo27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 864
My Ride: 2001 325ci
i seen 20s on an 325ci... but realisticly anything more then 18s you will regret
__________________
dreyo27 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #70
E46_330i_Stud
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,888
My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyo27 View Post
i seen 20s on an 325ci... but realisticly anything more then 18s you will regret
Sike. My 19's looked sex and you know it! see below for reference. Haha
__________________


1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #71
jkarp1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 47
My Ride: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328redleather View Post
I had 20 x 10 on my 328ci with no mod al all. Did rub a little on big bumps tho
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/picture...ictureid=19724
So does the x 10" stick out from the body much ? its hard to tell by that photo but it looks like it might a bit, but nothing some flares can't fix.
jkarp1 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #72
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,827
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Four pages and a week and this is what you guys tell the OP? I'm thinking maybe Bimmerforums is the place for me after all.

One of you came close with that inappropriate 'maintain before 20s' comment, but that's way besides the point.

OP, the higher you go, the more acceleration you'll loose...substantially so...and then you'll want to SC the car, cut crap off like cats, muffler, ccv, and SAP...then it's the seats, the wife, the kids.

It doesn't have to be that way. Go wide; you don't need to lift, pull, bat, or roll...just go wide.

I don't have a picture of my current set up, but in the front, I'm 16x14 and in the rear 16 x 20...that's right...x 20" wide. My tires protrude about 10" outside of the wheel arches, but I have plenty of clearance, I can go over speedbumps and carry people in the back.

I haven't had to do anything beside just the wheels. I'm surprised you hadn't thought about that too. You have to have seen my car here already, haven't you? I kinda thought that 20 wide in back was sort of a legend here. Oh well.
dmax is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #73
jkarp1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 47
My Ride: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Four pages and a week and this is what you guys tell the OP? I'm thinking maybe Bimmerforums is the place for me after all.

One of you came close with that inappropriate 'maintain before 20s' comment, but that's way besides the point.

OP, the higher you go, the more acceleration you'll loose...substantially so...and then you'll want to SC the car, cut crap off like cats, muffler, ccv, and SAP...then it's the seats, the wife, the kids.

It doesn't have to be that way. Go wide; you don't need to lift, pull, bat, or roll...just go wide.

I don't have a picture of my current set up, but in the front, I'm 16x14 and in the rear 16 x 20...that's right...x 20" wide. My tires protrude about 10" outside of the wheel arches, but I have plenty of clearance, I can go over speedbumps and carry people in the back.

I haven't had to do anything beside just the wheels. I'm surprised you hadn't thought about that too. You have to have seen my car here already, haven't you? I kinda thought that 20 wide in back was sort of a legend here. Oh well.
20 wide ? thats crazy.. crazy unrealistic.

but never the less, thankyou for answering my question...somewhat! so its pretty much as wide as you want it to be ? im thinking 18 x 8.5 on the front and 18 x 9.5 on the back. nothing too crazy..

Last edited by jkarp1; 01-06-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
jkarp1 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #74
E46_330i_Stud
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,888
My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
Listen to DMax. He's a genius. Width is where it's at. He had stock fenders with his wheels but has to custom bend his trailing arms to achieve his -19.3 camber. It's all worth it though. He has no tire wear issues because his toe is set right and he actually never rides on the tire, it's an optical illusion, he rides on the inner lip of the wheel. Sort of like a train on rails.
__________________


1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #75
ac_2007
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,949
My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
ac_2007 is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #76
Hermes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 32.8 N, 117.3 W
Posts: 1,130
My Ride: cars older than you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp1 View Post
20 wide ? thats crazy.. crazy unrealistic.

but never the less, thankyou for answering my question...somewhat! so its pretty much as wide as you want it to be ? im thinking 18 x 8.5 on the front and 18 x 9.5 on the back. nothing too crazy..
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... He's f-ing with you. Seriously, first buy a car. Second, spend your money on maintenance first. Later on buy wheels but just get 18x8.5 square so you can rotate them. If you want ricockulous looking wheels go buy something else and leave the BMW's for other people to enjoy
__________________

Respect Your Elders
Hermes is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #77
ZHud3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 161
My Ride: black 323Ci

class of 2012.... i can say that now.
__________________

2000 323Ci
1992 325is Sold ):
1984 325e
ZHud3 is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #78
Birds330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cali
Posts: 49
My Ride: E46 330ci c
Wow that was funny
Birds330ci is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #79
tuscan1205
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SV, Arizona
Posts: 938
My Ride: 325CI
this seems like the wish list of a teen. glad to see he's selected a realistic wheel size for his nonexistent car though
__________________


'02 Orient Blue 325Ci
tuscan1205 is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #80
jkarp1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 47
My Ride: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... He's f-ing with you. Seriously, first buy a car. Second, spend your money on maintenance first. Later on buy wheels but just get 18x8.5 square so you can rotate them. If you want ricockulous looking wheels go buy something else and leave the BMW's for other people to enjoy
i noticed, hence me saying how unrealistic it was..?
jkarp1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
biggest, fender rolling, size, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use