E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 293 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by B7@ckBe@uty View Post
There may not be buttons to operate the android side, but that doesn't mean that while the unit is booting the buttons on the unit won't break the boot cycle and pause it. It does point me in the direction that the radio firmware is probably tied to the boot loader which may cause some headaches. I can only suggest until I can buy my own for disection and hook up a some diagnostic equipment like a protocol analyzer.

Has anyone tried a radio app to run the radio android style. Sprint has one that's great. I know there are others in the market.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer
Have you successfully done anything to the boot process by pushing buttons? I have a Bus Pirate that I can sniff data lines with, but no time currently to pull the Dynavin out of my dash again.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #22
B7@ckBe@uty

My Ride: 03 325XI blk on blk
JNew I don't have one yet. I am trying to bring my computer engineering/ Android/ Hacking experience to the table. I will be ordering a 99 after the new year (unless they release a newer model before that.
B7@ckBe@uty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:30 AM   #23
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
Excellent work guys!!! I'm about to install the rooted rom. Just to confirm both roms availaible are based on the latest rom release from Dynavin, correct?
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasi333 View Post
GPS Configuration file (may help get a faster GPS fix)
  1. Copy the gps.conf file onto your sd card.
  2. Make sure you go in to settings and enable USB debugging, and allow non market apps.
  3. Make sure your date and time are correct (manually), then check the auto update setting.
  4. Download root explorer and copy over the gps.conf file to your /system/etc folder (https://market.android.com/details?i...RleHBsb3JlciJd)
  5. Get GPS Status and Toolbox (https://market.android.com/details?i...HNzdGF0dXMyIl0.)
    Startup GPS Status and toolbox, reset the AGPS data and download again. Change the settings to download as frequently as possible.
Anyone tried this? Can anyone report on whether it works?
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
mcondruz

My Ride: BMW E46
Hello

I have an issue with my Dynavin sd card. the card is not loading. I am sure it is correctly formatted and the device hardware is functioning (since the ROOM replacement is working when I update it with the latest Dynavin firmware).
However, after the system is loading I can see no card. I tried more cards, including the one which have the firmware. Nothing.
For more info I tried with those cards:
- one 2Gb card Fat 16 formatted
- one 2Gb card Fat 32 formatted
- one 8Gb card Fat 32 Formated

Partitions are Primary and Active on all of them. Still nothing.

It is also important to say that yesterday was working, I moved the IGo from the original card to the bigger one (8Gb), intalled it, tested it, etc..
Today, nothing. My Igo is saying he need the sd crd. I reloaded the firmware (wipe all the data with this ocasion and I loaded it from sd card which for purpose was working). When system is booting, still nothing.
Any idea?

The softwares on the market like reload the sd card specific softwares are also ineficient . Please help. I am almost sure it is a Android system issue.
mcondruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
Brandon-L

My Ride: 4Runner
CWM with soft buttons and gestures

I'm not an E46 Fanatic...but I just ordered a D99 universal double din and found this forum. It has the most info on the Android unit.

I just saw a post on a new version of clockwork that has soft keys.

This may eventually help to get CWM on the D99 so we can do a nandroid, just need someone to figure out how to get it incorporated.

Nandroid used as a restore point on my nook color and droid has saved countless hours.

Great info guys, thanks! I can't wait to get mine.
Brandon-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
winter_baby

My Ride: e46
I would also recomend adding the "V6 Supercharger" script especially for any D95.

V6 Supercharger script from XDA dev site...

[Added]
I can confirm now that my D95 unit is running very smoothly with considerably lessened lag (and feels faster). And I'm only running "256(?)mb" with "balanced" option.

[Update]
I just switched to aggressive option and it is working fine also.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

Last edited by winter_baby; 01-10-2012 at 03:15 AM.
winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Can you give us the step by step instruction on how to install and run the v6 supercharger script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_baby View Post
I would also recomend adding the "V6 Supercharger" scripts especially for any D95.

V6 Supercharger scripts from XDA dev site...

[Added]
I can confirm now that my D95 unit is running very smoothly with considerably lessened lag (and feels faster). And I'm only running "256(?)mb" with "balanced" option.

m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
winter_baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Can you give us the step by step instruction on how to install and run the v6 supercharger script?

[NOTE]

First of all, I'm not much of DIY writing person (nor developer), and this is my first try so I hope everyone can understand that...

I referenced screens from the android market so they are not a 100% representation of what you will see when you're installing. But it should give an idea of what to expect. Anyhow, the script manager is very straight forward and easy to follow. So I don't think anyone will have any major issue.

Please back up first. For better results, I would also recommend installing it on a clean version of OS. Then rebuild/reinstall settings/apps on top of it. But I think you should also be able to run scripts on top of whatever you have now.

Read the disclaimer note from original post by the developer.
Official V6 S/C link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

1. Download a script

Go to the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5021 to download
"V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update9_RC4.sh.pdf" is the latest version.

2. Install BusyBox (available on Android Market)
https://market.android.com/details?i...i5idXN5Ym94Il0.

Run it to give it a super user access

it may ask you to install new version if running for first time. If so, just click yes.

3. Install Script Manager (also available on Android Market)
https://market.android.com/details?i...dG1hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Run it to give it a super user access

Make sure to click "Browse as Root" when running for first time.

4. Load script into Script Manager

Scripting loading screen should look like the one above. You would need to locate the and select the "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update9_RC4.sh.pdf" file.

Then you will se the below screen. Make sure to click the "Root" button (shown below in square box); then click the "Run" button (top left box).

5. Follow instructions/user prompts & select what you want. It should look like the below screen.

For D95 unit, there are three available options: 256mb with multitasking (2), 256mb w/ balanced (3), 256mb w/ aggresive (4). - I selected the "aggresive (4)" option.

Once finished running the script, it will ask you to reboot to clear the Delvik cache. Click yes. That's it!
(Rebooting may take much longer time than usual. This is normal for clearing Delvik cache. So don't be alarmed.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed1.jpg
Views:	1907
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	432108   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed2.jpg
Views:	1927
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	432109   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed3.jpg
Views:	1911
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	432110  
Attached Images

Last edited by winter_baby; 01-12-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #30
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Some of the links in the first post do not work. Maybe the OP could fix

Thanks.
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #31
Jarrettm3

My Ride: m3
Do you download the v6 supercharged on the sd card or do you have to go thourgh internant on the dynavin and download from there?
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #32
winter_baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettm3 View Post
Do you download the v6 supercharged on the sd card or...
You can do it either way. I downloaded the script via dynavin so I didn't have to take the card out. Then i backed it up to the sd card.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #33
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
I have my unit rooted, thanks to Z4root. Dynavin is unable to make the 3G modem work. They test it in China and they say it's working well. The unit comes with a chinese APN set up, and even if I change them to my spanish data provider, it still fails (shows a very annoying T-mobile all the time).

Which file should I edit to change the default values to mines? Is there a file in which I can dig to see something strange related to the Mobile Networks setting?
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #34
mistapony

My Ride: volvo v70r
If you update android on the SD card does that clear all setting and basically go back to a factory reset or are all the setting retained?
mistapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
mc4ren

My Ride: E46 320D
You loose all your settings
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #36
winter_baby

Hello,

I think this is a great thread that covers app recomendations, tips, and all.

And I'm also thinking that sharing collectively what setups (apps, settings, mods, and more) everyone is running and how they are using in conjuction to the unit could benefit everyone as well.

For me as an example, bt dongle and gv callback suggestions i got from here were very helpful. And perhaps, there may be more that can be learned from each other.

What do you think?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #37
mistapony

My Ride: volvo v70r
What ever happened to TXRobd. Seemed like that guy was doing a lot of cool stuff with his Dynavin?
mistapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #38
reigate

Steep learning curve for me as this is my first android device (D99) however using an app called Tasker, I have managed to get my nav programme to auto load on start. The Tasker script I used is:

Profile: On Bootup
Context: System > Device Boot

Task: Bootup Apps
Action: Tasker > Wait > 10 Seconds (allows time for system resources to load)
Action: App > Load App > iGo
reigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
has anyone been able to come up with something cool for the dynavin boot logo on the android side yet?
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #40
reigate

Have also been looking and just found this but I seem to recollect seeing a better one on one of Jeff's screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW Logo.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	432430  
reigate is offline   Reply With Quote