E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
BMW is Number 1 Premium Auto Brand in the US for 2011

BMW Number 1 Premium Brand in the US for 2011

In 2011, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) sold 305,418 vehicles, up 14.9 percent compared to the 265,757 vehicles sold in 2010!

"BMW Group sales momentum has been increasing all year and this new burst of consumer confidence filled our dealer showrooms putting both BMW and MINI over the top," said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. "I have great confidence that 2012 will be even better especially with the all-new BMW 3 Series arriving in the U.S. in February with more new and refreshed models coming in the months after."

BMW Brand Sales
Sales of BMW brand vehicles increased 15.3% in December for a total of 26,834 compared to 23,280 vehicles sold in December, 2010. For the year, BMW brand sales were up 12.6% to 247,907 vehicles compared to 220,113 sold 2010.

For 2011, best performing vehicles included the 5 Series, up 30.4 percent to 51,491 units; the 6 Series, up 61.4 percent to 3,903 units; the X3, up 357.5 percent to 27,793 units and the X5 up 13.3 percent to 40,547 units. Overall, the BMW Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) segment (X3, X5, X6) continued to show incredible growth with sales up 54.9 percent for the year to 74,532 units compared to 48,108 in 2010. SAV sales combined with its all-wheel-drive (AWD) passenger cars have made BMW the best selling manufacturer of premium AWD vehicles in the U.S. in 2011.

BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
In December, sales of BMW used vehicles (including certified pre-owned and pre-owned) totaled 16,264, an increase of 3.5% from the 15,714 sold in December 2010. In 2011, BMW pre-owned once again was leader in its segment. December proved to be the second best month ever and 2011 was the third best year ever for BMW pre-owned.

MINI Brand Sales
MINI USA reported sales of 5,711 automobiles in December, up 32.2% from the 4,320 sold in December 2010. For the year 2011, MINI sales in the U.S. are up 26% on volume of 57,511 compared to 45,644 sold in 2010.

"MINI's record setting sales results in 2011 prove that small is a success in its own right even without the prodding of rising fuel prices," said Jim McDowell, Vice President MINI USA. "Our U.S. customers have found they can have a great motoring experience even while enjoying strong fuel economy and a smaller footprint. Motor On!"

Table: Sales BMW of North America - December 2011
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Nice!

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Good stuff! I work at the dealership and x3's sell like hot cakes; pretty much every new one that gets delivered to us is already pre-ordered for a customer or sells same day it's dropped off...it's a very impressive car. As a matter of fact, all the new ones are really (3 series, 5's etc). I don't care what anyone says, no other car (in the same class of course) drives like a bimmer...and I've driven almost anything you can think of. Lately they've been going back to their old routes while keeping things modern. They're dominating the market, making it hard for other companies to compete. The F30 is going to be a huge success. It's everything the e90 should have been in the first place. We had a red 2011 335i and a red 2012 335i sport sitting next to each other in the showroom and boy you had to see it to believe it...the new one is just so much better in every way. It made the 11' look like an antique. The F30 335 might have the same n55 engine (which actually looks a bit different, for example a redesigned intake), but it drives a lot different than the old one. It's a few hundred pounds lighter (ex. has a plastic oil pan ), electric steering rack vs the old hydraulic, 8 speed sport tranny that behaves identical to the DCT, custom stitching all on the dash/seats/steering wheel, amazing sport seats, i-drive standard, 4 driving modes, everything is driver oriented like the older models, LED interior lights, etc..

I will say this, even though the F30 handles better than the old e90, there's a bit of body roll that I would like to see eliminated. This is probably due to it being lighter and more nimble. IMO a beefier set of sway bars would do the trick. My guess is they're saving that for the 335i m-sport that's coming out in the summer.

Idk what the fcuk BMW is going to do with the new M3, but it'll be a GTR killer once tuning companies get a hold of it.

Also! That new 4cylinder turbo is also a blast to drive. Currently we have a custom ordered yellow z4 28i on the showroom floor which caught everyone's eyes when we first got it. People were b!tching about the price saying its too expensive for a 28i model...but I drove that thing after, and FCUK does that car move. There was ZERO turbo lag; and I mean absolutely no lag what so ever, the exhaust was loud and deep, and I'm willing to put a bet that it could take a 335 in a straight line. The 328i and 528i however, showed a tiny bit of lag due to them being heavier and less aggressively geared than the z4.

Overall, that engine has been the most impressive one I've seen in a long time from BMW in terms of power/functionality/economy. The thing gets freakin 36 mpg on the highway...average. Unbelievable.

Keep up the good work bmw

Last edited by secono330ci; 02-27-2012 at 05:46 AM.
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw #1, bmw #1 premium, bmw 1st in premium cars, bmw premium brand, bmw sales 2011