E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #61
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
Thanks for the update JEFF, very good review!
FFS no need to quote the entire first post with all the pics and video just to say thanks to Jeff.

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-09-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #62
cdm3

My Ride: 2005 m3 Vert
Hi Jeff - great job How is the screen resolution? Any news on HD radio or satellite?
cdm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #63
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Screen is the same as previous units, no HD or sat

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #64
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoz View Post
ffs no need to quote the entire first post with all the pics and video just to say thanks to jeff.
this
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #65
uncompiled

My Ride: G37xS & 330Ci ZHP
Three questions:

(1) On my older Dynavin, it shows the BMW logo when it boots. Is it possible to change out the Dynavin logo with the BMW logo when the unit turns on?

(2) On the WinCE version, I like that the NAVI button can automatically start the navigation application. On the Android model, can you make the NAVI button start up an application?

(3) Where can you find legitimate versions of navigation apps for WinCE? I currently am using iGO 8.3 because it works best for me. I downloaded iGO Primo and used it for a while, but it would occasionally forget all of my settings when I started my car. If I could actually buy a legitimate version of Sygic or iGO Primo (and the maps), I would... but you can't find WinCE software for sale anywhere. Are the Android versions of these apps available on the Android Market?
uncompiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #66
mdh

My Ride: E60 M5
I have been reading the faqs and threads but there is something I just cant find.
Can I remove the supplied micro sd that came with the unit or does it need to be there to boot up? I would like to get some music on the android side and it is unclear if I need to add it to the supplied card, use a new card or add the files from the 2gb card to a larger card and add music to it.
thanks...
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #67
jamiethole

My Ride: '04 Pheonixgelb M3
What about satellite radio? Is it possible to have an integrated option or do I have to have a separate radio and connect via the AUX in?
jamiethole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #68
PheonixE46

My Ride: 01 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
I have been reading the faqs and threads but there is something I just cant find.
Can I remove the supplied micro sd that came with the unit or does it need to be there to boot up? I would like to get some music on the android side and it is unclear if I need to add it to the supplied card, use a new card or add the files from the 2gb card to a larger card and add music to it.
thanks...
The stock 2GB SD is not required for boot. You can replace w/ any mSD of choice.
PheonixE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #69
PheonixE46

My Ride: 01 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethole View Post
What about satellite radio? Is it possible to have an integrated option or do I have to have a separate radio and connect via the AUX in?
Satellite Radio has two options. On WinCE it would be the aux input. The down side is that you are starring at a black screen. This is annoying at night and is best dimmed. On a Android version, you just download the app from the market place. tethering your internet connection, you stream satellite via phone internet + app. Downside of this is that its not true satellite (ie if your phone losses connection so will streaming) I suppose at that point you could switch over to the aux input side and its black screen but would gain true sat radio.

No integration at this time.
PheonixE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #70
elfer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheonixE46 View Post
Satellite Radio has two options. On WinCE it would be the aux input. The down side is that you are starring at a black screen. This is annoying at night and is best dimmed. On a Android version, you just download the app from the market place. tethering your internet connection, you stream satellite via phone internet + app. Downside of this is that its not true satellite (ie if your phone losses connection so will streaming) I suppose at that point you could switch over to the aux input side and its black screen but would gain true sat radio.

No integration at this time.
Pheonix described it up well, but just to add you can always switch away from the blank screen to a something that doesn't have audio. For example to the new OBC display (I'm told), or over to Nav for a moving map. The aux-in audio will continue playing and you feel you're putting the screen to some use!

*edit so as not to confuse. Could be navigation as well as just the moving map. i just used that an example of my own use on a recent short, familiar journey*

Last edited by elfer; 01-11-2012 at 04:38 AM.
elfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #71
reigate

My Ride: e46
On the front of the D99a, there is a small hole with the letters RST adjacent to it. Is this something new as I have not read anything about it in any of the threads? Is its purpose to reset something and if so, what?
reigate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #72
AMG-ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
please check your e-mail.

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #73
J&T Distributing

its just a reset button, they have always had one. Nothing new. I dont think ive every used it!

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-12-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #74
fightingmajor

My Ride: 2006 330ci
How is the bluetooth in the new models? I thought I remember reading people were not happy with previous models. Is there a built in mic on the unit as well as the attachable one? Was that one of the issues people were not happy with both mics picking up voice at the same time. Really thinking about adding one of these to my car.

Thanks in advance.
fightingmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #75
J&T Distributing

The D99s use a bluetooth module from parrot, while they do have a built in and external mic they do not work at the same time, it is one or the other. In my experience the external mic is the way to go on the D95/D99 units but as with all bluetooth devices, where you put it is critical, and not all cars will be the same, experiment for best results.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #76
SteveN2

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Anyone know if sensors for the other variables can be added?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
Thanks for the photos. The OBC thing is particularly awesome. Though it appears to be reporting the same temp 3 times? Though I dont think the M54 has an oil temp sensor or an engine temp sensor, only a coolant temp sensor which I guess explains that.

How does the PDC look?
SteveN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #77
hybridNz

My Ride: e39 540iASE,e30/s50
Here is howto I did on my e39 install of the d99 with DVB-T I completed yesterday
http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/...howtopic=38816

Will do a proper review vid tonight.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #78
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
nice job post the video when you're done... nice.... M?
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #79
hybridNz

My Ride: e39 540iASE,e30/s50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho///a5 View Post
nice job post the video when you're done... nice.... M?
Will do

M for Motorsport edition .. your equivilant of a 540iA SE / Sport. Comes stock with a lot of m5 options (mirrors / suspension etc) but isnt quite an m5 (not the same motor or tranny) Our models have 3.15:1 diffs oppose to the normal 2.91:1 ratios of other countries. Its a New Zealand thing.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #80
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
How are you finding the D99 in the E39? Nice fit etc?

We can't view your link without being members.

Last edited by MaximumWalrus; 01-16-2012 at 02:03 AM.
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99