E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 56 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
interested in seeing how this pans out!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
w0w

i was looking to buy a dynavin but for the price and the faster specs i wouldnt mind having to fiddle with firmware to get the same if not better setup
Old 01-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrayclark91 View Post
Here is a more recent photo of the unit for those interested.

How 'bout a more more recent one

Looks like they are styling the UI a little after the iDrive

EDIT: Just noticed that this picture is of the B146 NOT the B046 in the OP. **Wonders what the differences are***

EDIT2: Perusing their site reveals about a half a dozen different model numbers.

Last edited by GCoop; 01-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
ashpelham

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
They look good and all, but can they make my car look and sound more like KITT?

ashpelham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
ashpelham

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
One more question. Does the WIFI interface work from a handset you have in the car? In other words, do I tether to my iPhone 4 or is a separate 3g plan required for it to have all usability?
ashpelham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #26
wrayclark91

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoop View Post
How 'bout a more more recent one

Looks like they are styling the UI a little after the iDrive

EDIT: Just noticed that this picture is of the B146 NOT the B046 in the OP. **Wonders what the differences are***

EDIT2: Perusing their site reveals about a half a dozen different model numbers.
b146 is the WINCE version and is the same specs that dynavin offers whereas the b046 is the android with the superior specs.

As far as I can tell. Also the other model numbers are for different cars. It looks like they sell all the same models as dynavin.
wrayclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
wrayclark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
One more question. Does the WIFI interface work from a handset you have in the car? In other words, do I tether to my iPhone 4 or is a separate 3g plan required for it to have all usability?
It looks like the wifi is built into the unit so that it can connect to any wifi hotspot. So if your iPhone 4 can be a wifi hotspot then I would assume that it would work.

I am still waiting on answers from the company but I will be happy with a 24 hour response time since they are in a way different time zone. My last response came at about four in the morning.

Clark
Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #28
wrayclark91

Update

Got a response to my questions and its all good news:

Engrish answers are in red.

1. Does this unit support OBD (on board diagnostics) for the BMW E46?
1,yes,it support.
2. What bluetooth module do you use and is it phonebook compatible?
2,bluetooth 2.0. and compatible with phonebook function.
3. Does your unit have a dual radio tuner?
3,yes
4. Do you have the user manual in a format that you could email to me? Preferable English but I will take it in any language available.
4,no have PDF file now,it only a book. yes.it is english version.

I went ahead and ordered one via alibaba and escrow so we shall see! $520 was the total.

If and when i receive the unit I will post pictures/video/review.

Probably will take two weeks at best.

Clark
Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #29
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
Clark....
Way to jump on this one. I feel this is the exact same product with a tiny makeup adjustment, so they can sell it legally.
I've been eyeing up the android dynavin, bit that $900 price tag kept me back.

Really hope this works out for you, and looking forward to reviews...

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer
M127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #30
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
Quote:
Engrish answers are in red.

1. Does this unit support OBD (on board diagnostics) for the BMW E46?
1,yes,it support.
2. What bluetooth module do you use and is it phonebook compatible?
2,bluetooth 2.0. and compatible with phonebook function.
3. Does your unit have a dual radio tuner?
3,yes
4. Do you have the user manual in a format that you could email to me? Preferable English but I will take it in any language available.
4,no have PDF file now,it only a book. yes.it is english version.
I don't want to pee on you bonfire but I would take anything that the Chinese "salespeople" say with a large pinch of salt.

If these units had had OBD, phone book and dual radio tuner then those facilities would have been mentioned in the item description. Also, there is no sign of any OBD option in the screen shot.

IMHO, I doubt that these units have either OBD or dual tuner - phonebook is a possibility.

I also doubt that these are Dynavin units. The front ports are in different locations so the front PCB is at least different.

All that said, assuming that the unit works OK and the quality is good, then these are a good alternative to the Dynavin or Hualingan.

I look forward to your review and me being proven wrong
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #31
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Subscribed. Very interested how this goes. Way to go Clark!

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
wrayclark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by podge3 View Post
I don't want to pee on you bonfire but I would take anything that the Chinese "salespeople" say with a large pinch of salt.

If these units had had OBD, phone book and dual radio tuner then those facilities would have been mentioned in the item description. Also, there is no sign of any OBD option in the screen shot.

IMHO, I doubt that these units have either OBD or dual tuner - phonebook is a possibility.

I also doubt that these are Dynavin units. The front ports are in different locations so the front PCB is at least different.

All that said, assuming that the unit works OK and the quality is good, then these are a good alternative to the Dynavin or Hualingan.

I look forward to your review and me being proven wrong
Oh I am fully aware that I could be getting ripped off. Hence why I didn't spend any money that I couldn't afford to burn on it. I figure if it works out (or doesn't) I'm doing people here a favor and I'm getting a possibly superior product than anything else out there that I have come across.

As far as OBD not being in the picture I think is because the only picture that they have of this unit is the "NAV" side aka android side of the device which doesnt display the OBD.

And the PCB probably is different. It has a faster newer cpu, more ram and built in wifi.

I had a back and forth conversation with the guy for awhile and he seemed rather competent so I'm pretty optimistic at this point

I have a feeling that the next version of dynavin will be these specs

Clark
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #33
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Wrayclark, awesome work

I am eager to see your review of the unit.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
There is no doubt that you are doing other users a big favour here by being the first to try one of these. If it works out well then there should be a lot of beer tokens heading your way

The Android specs are definitely better. The Dynavin Android board is barely acceptable at this point.

As for OBD, there are some pics of the main UI and no sign of OBD on there.

Quote:
Oh I am fully aware that I could be getting ripped off. Hence why I didn't spend any money that I couldn't afford to burn on it. I figure if it works out (or doesn't) I'm doing people here a favor and I'm getting a possibly superior product than anything else out there that I have come across.

As far as OBD not being in the picture I think is because the only picture that they have of this unit is the "NAV" side aka android side of the device which doesnt display the OBD.

And the PCB probably is different. It has a faster newer cpu, more ram and built in wifi.

I had a back and forth conversation with the guy for awhile and he seemed rather competent so I'm pretty optimistic at this point

I have a feeling that the next version of dynavin will be these specs

Clark
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #35
Gam3R

My Ride: 2005 M3
Subbed
Gam3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #36
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
Clark, you're the man! Looking forward to hearing your review.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
w0w

thanks for being the test pig clark! i hope it comes quick and hope it exceeds our expectations
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #38
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
im looking at getting double din,and now interested in this over dynavin. does this unit come with the relocation bracket for hvac controls,couldnt find in description? and it says aux, but looking at the pic where would the aux. cable plug in?and finally does this unit or the dynavin have pre outs for amplifiers?
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #39
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
sub'd
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #40
happy187

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP
can't wait to see how this shakes out. I am too am in the 900 price tag keeping me away from the dynavin. Although, alibaba stuff is hit or miss. Can't wait to see the results!
happy187 is offline   Reply With Quote