E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #101
zanth119

My Ride: 2002 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddZHP View Post
I read mid to late spring release on bsw's Facebook page
What year?
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - Hunter S. Thompson
zanth119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #102
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
There is no 'silence' that we are trying to keep over a release date. As said in this thread we missed the end of the year which was our realistic goal but it did not happen. The issue is I can say "Oh it is now this date" and if we are 2 weeks later again it looks bad on our part. To be honest and up front we originally announced we were working on it too early and this started the online clock for a date for release. The original postings from BSW on this we were not in production at that time. We were tlaking about it, designing how it would work and PnP setup. So there were months to go with just figuring out how it was all going to work, Prototyping. Testing. Adjusting. Tweaking. Etc. You can see where it is going.

As with all of you I myself am an enthusiast that supports vendors on this forum and others. I truly wish I could go "Call me guys I have it for order" but I cannot do that yet and apologize for the extended delays and lack of release. It is as frustrating for me as for you as I want to get you guys more upgrades. Just like you I want to get a kit into my E36 and enjoy it even more. We are working on it and it will be released. That I can assure you of and we truly appreciate the hardcore following we have on here.

eJack - Would be interested to discussing your upgrade more as your review is not typical of our customers that got a complete upgrade. Maybe we can do some tweaking or an incorrect item was shipped and thus you have a decrease in audio quality. I see from your comments your kit is a few years old but would still like to address that if you would let me. Definitely do not want an upset customer with BSW. That is never our goal.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth

Last edited by Halston@BSW; 01-17-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #103
zanth119

Hi Halston - thank you for the reply and your consideration regarding our concerns.

Would it be possible -

For you to provide us an update every month, 6 weeks, just so we can hear where things are at on a regular basis?

Consider a generous discounted group-buy option for the board?

And also, if you're looking for beta testers, I'd be willing to give a hand (I have the Stage I installed).

Thanks...
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #104
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

There will definitely be a pre-order/Group Buy that will run through our most important customers first. Enthusiasts like us on the forums. That will definitely happen. I just sent an email to my lead install tech who spearheads this type of development asking if we can some type of monthly update. Maybe a photo or two of what we are working on. Etc.

For Beta Testing that will probably not happen as we need the car in house(usually in LA at our remote shop) so we can monitor the install, performance and the like.

As soon as Jason replies with that I'll post it up here.

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #105
zanth119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
There will definitely be a pre-order/Group Buy that will run through our most important customers first. Enthusiasts like us on the forums. That will definitely happen. I just sent an email to my lead install tech who spearheads this type of development asking if we can some type of monthly update. Maybe a photo or two of what we are working on. Etc.
Very cool! Thanks...
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #106
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Per JasonYou meaning me so I'll pass it along to you guys)

"Sure. We've paid three mold fees for the multiple harnesses. We're doing it in such a way that allows for the harnesses themselves to be plug and play, so that guys can opt for full on Stage 2 kits or a simple PnP subwoofer harness.

Harness 1 takes the OEM connector to a BSW specific 46 pin plug.
Harness 2 takes the BSW specific plug to the necessary wires that will connect to the amplifier.
Harness 3 takes the BSW specific plug back to the OEM connectors. This harness has a pigtail coming off of it that allows for subwoofer PnP.

Let's do it like this:

* Monthly updates with realistic timeframes that I'll provide to you.
* We're releasing the kits vehicle by vehicle, and we haven't decided on that order as of yet. I'm thinking E46 Coupes, then Cabrios, then Sedans.
* As photos show up, I'll pass them along.
* The 4 channel amplifier will have an RCA output so that a secondary subwoofer amplifier can be added if need be (Stage 3)
* Beta testers are only needed in the Los Angeles area. However, I have so many guys out here waiting I doubt we'll need any additional testers at least with regards to the E46.
* We'll gladly do a group-buy for the board. Once we have a REALISTIC timeframe of delivery we'll bring that option to the forefront."

Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #107
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
I feel sorry for you guys at BSW! You've done soo much for these boards and communicate on a very timely basis. Your audio solutions are THE NUMBER ONE CHOICE BY FAR yet people still bash you guys. Im still waiting for it but I am in no hurry because I dont have enough cash to drop on stage 2 yet but I will buy eventually. Keep it up BSW I commend you.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #108
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
I'm in LA w/a VERT, so if you need a beta tester, let me know.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #109
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
I feel sorry for you guys at BSW! You've done soo much for these boards and communicate on a very timely basis. Your audio solutions are THE NUMBER ONE CHOICE BY FAR yet people still bash you guys. Im still waiting for it but I am in no hurry because I dont have enough cash to drop on stage 2 yet but I will buy eventually. Keep it up BSW I commend you.
Appreciate the kind words. We will keep at it. It's not all about riding the highs but dealing with the lows as well. I know our fans, customers and potential customers are upset with how this has gone to this point but it will be worth the wait and I'll be here to help everyone through the time in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
I'm in LA w/a VERT, so if you need a beta tester, let me know.

As said above I think the list if 'full' but email Jason @ jws at bavariansoundwerks dot com to volunteer. He loves to hear from any BMW owner being a BMW nerd himself

Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #110
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Glad to hear there is an updates hopefully, it be out soon as there seems to be a big market for it
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #111
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Definitely. It will be the biggest product that we offer. That is for sure. BSW cannot wait to get it to market

Old 01-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #112
Gam3R

My Ride: 2005 M3
Thanks for the update.

I'll be checking back.
Gam3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #113
BMWfever

My Ride: '06 330 Ci
A while back I signed up on a "waiting list" on BSW website. Does that still exist and have any bearing on who gets first orders?
BMWfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #114
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfever View Post
A while back I signed up on a "waiting list" on BSW website. Does that still exist and have any bearing on who gets first orders?
Yes. If you are on the list/newsletter/previous customer you will get the email that the kit is ready for pre-order. That will also be open to forum members as well. This will be the 'best price' available to those people mentioned above.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #115
shotgun3131

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
I am looking forward to this as well. Keep us posted.
shotgun3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #116
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
dear santa....
Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #117
truekreation

My Ride: E36, E46, R53
We need some spy shots

truekreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #118
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by truekreation View Post
We need some spy shots
post #68
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #119
///3ME

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
In for update. Hope there is some new progress.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #120
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Progress is here. First step in releasing the kits is our DirectFit Component sets. E46 fitments coming soon! These are the necessary harness and modified speakers(wire harness/plugs/etc) needed to make the amp kit plug and play. These are for use if you have your own amp that you wanted to use.

Details and photos here:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ca...Component-Sets