E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdolej View Post
Colon cleanse?!?
yes, you'd be suprised at 30 how many pounds of crap are in your guts.

almost immeadiately your belly will go down to flat and suddenly the scale has less numbers on it.

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
So what are your thoughts on my night. Ate great today. Lean sliced chicken sandwich for lunch. Wife was going shopping and to dinner witha friend an offered to pick u five guys for me for dinner. I ordered a regular she brought home a junior (single). While she was gone I was mad at myself for having her pick up a burger but not mad enough to cancel lol. So after I put the kids to bed I jogged until she got home. Knocked out 4.5 miles. Ate the junior after. And it was money. Added it to my weight watchers tracker and I am still under in my points since I did good for lunch, breakfast and it was a junior. No fries btw. Did I do good since I at least ran 4.5 and was concerned about it? Or is it just bad I ate 5 guys? This is why I made the thread. Thanks guys.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
So what are your thoughts on my night. Ate great today. Lean sliced chicken sandwich for lunch. Wife was going shopping and to dinner witha friend an offered to pick u five guys for me for dinner. I ordered a regular she brought home a junior (single). While she was gone I was mad at myself for having her pick up a burger but not mad enough to cancel lol. So after I put the kids to bed I jogged until she got home. Knocked out 4.5 miles. Ate the junior after. And it was money. Added it to my weight watchers tracker and I am still under in my points since I did good for lunch, breakfast and it was a junior. No fries btw. Did I do good since I at least ran 4.5 and was concerned about it? Or is it just bad I ate 5 guys? This is why I made the thread. Thanks guys.
well it wasnt great but your body probably needed the food after the long workout. I would beat myself up over it but a meal consisting of meat, veggies, and good fat would be best
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Nope. One meal won't kill you.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #25
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
While I wouldn't suggest making this a daily habit, this is a good day for you. It's a clear step in the right direction. I think you'd be fine getting more meat as long as you hold off on the fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #26
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
While I wouldn't suggest making this a daily habit, this is a good day for you. It's a clear step in the right direction. I think you'd be fine getting more meat as long as you hold off on the fries.

More meat....that's what she wants

She never gets it tho
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
If you were under your points, you're fine. As others have said, balance is important, but ultimately if you stick to your points and exercise, you're going to make out OK. The thing I like about WW is that it really teaches you to make choices. I had a package of two Reese's when I did it. I wouldn't make that choice every day as for the same points I could have a full meal, but on that day I had plenty of space in my points and was craving it.

Don't run out of guilt. Run to get healthy and improve your fitness. Have a plan to run 3-4x per week. Don't add more than 10% to your total mileage any given week (prevent injury). Try not to run two days in a row (at least not more than once per week). Enter a race if you want to be committed.

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #28
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
yes, you'd be suprised at 30 how many pounds of crap are in your guts.

almost immeadiately your belly will go down to flat and suddenly the scale has less numbers on it.
It is a myth?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
jmcdolej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
It is a myth?
I would like to know also. I am going to find out.

2.5 miles tonight. Well under points today. 17 miles for the weeks so far.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #30
DylloS

Quote:
I would like to know also. I am going to find out.

2.5 miles tonight. Well under points today. 17 miles for the weeks so far.
any weight training or body weight resistance exercises?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #31
jmcdolej

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
any weight training or body weight resistance exercises?
Not yet. Worried about slimming down first. Then I may add weights. But it will be simple as in push ups and curls.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
BMW_Matt

Add them now. You burn more calories and there's no reason not to.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #33
jmcdolej

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Add them now. You burn more calories and there's no reason not to.
So what should I add? Solly? I was a couple of months ago doing 200 20 pound curls per arm. My arms started to define nice. Plus 200 push ups. Think I should do that again a few nights a week.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #34
DieselJerzE46

My Ride: Triple Beam Dreams
Quote:
So what should I add? Solly? I was a couple of months ago doing 200 20 pound curls per arm. My arms started to define nice. Plus 200 push ups. Think I should do that again a few nights a week.
Do you have access to a barbell?

Dead lift
Squat
Bench
Cleans
Standing Bent Over Rows

All you need IMO. Calisthenics are always nice, too.
DieselJerzE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #35
jmcdolej

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJerzE46 View Post
Do you have access to a barbell?

Dead lift
Squat
Bench
Cleans
Standing Bent Over Rows

All you need IMO. Calisthenics are always nice, too.
No access to any of that. Not going to the gym. Doesn't fit into my life. Trying to stay simple so I will stick with. Simple for a life change. I can run a few miles a day easy.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #36
DieselJerzE46

Quote:
No access to any of that. Not going to the gym. Doesn't fit into my life. Trying to stay simple so I will stick with. Simple for a life change. I can run a few miles a day easy.
Then calisthenics are the way to go. Push-ups, sit-ups/crunches (proper form or your back will suffer,) lunges, dips, ect.

I would recommend getting one of those pull-up bars you can stick in a doorway. Work your lats and bi's real nice, among many other muscles. Very simple to set up/perform.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #37
DylloS

Quote:
Do body weight squats, lunges different ab workouts pushups dips on end of the chair. don't skip this stuff you'll end up slim with no muscle tone.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #38
DieselJerzE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Do body weight squats, lunges different ab workouts pushups dips on end of the chair. don't skip this stuff you'll end up slim with no muscle tone.
+1

You don't want to look like one of those gay vibram wearing, ballet dancing, runner types with back fat.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
jmcdolej

I will add some muscle exercises. At least curls and push ups.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #40
Geo31
Ironman

My Ride: 00 328i, 98 M Roadie
Any access to a pool?

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote