E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #21
Trazom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 129
My Ride: "00 BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUUUUUV View Post
... some of us move in silence...
Yes thats true. But state all the facts. Don't make something look biased.

The bottom line is

Did the shop try to fix anything that was wrong?

You take the ugly eyelid and figure it out.

#thatisall
__________________
Impressive Auto Center
Trazom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
HaloArchive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: One State East of Washington
Posts: 273
My Ride: My Office Chair
Cliffs?
HaloArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #23
bmxpert86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: long island
Posts: 374
My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
Op, does your car have cf side mirrors?
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #24
SMUUUUUV
///Motorcepts ///Maintained
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hempstead, NY
Posts: 1,895
My Ride: '02 330 Vert-'06 4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazom View Post
Yes thats true. But state all the facts. Don't make something look biased.

The bottom line is

Did the shop try to fix anything that was wrong?

You take the ugly eyelid and figure it out.

#thatisall
...I love my eyelids... seems kinda immature you even mentioning that. I have my own situations with this shop and you dont want me to state the facts.....So I wont go there....all I will say is....I went to another shop.... we all know where that is and now I'm impressed..............

Last edited by SMUUUUUV; 01-27-2012 at 08:12 PM.
SMUUUUUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #25
Lionelski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,169
My Ride: 325CIc
I have a coment.
The OP is just abt the onlyone in too pages of posts who nos how to spel.
__________________
'Ski
www.WarrenvilleRailroad.com
2001 325ci Convertible - Titanium Silver

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal

Last edited by Lionelski; 01-27-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #26
zhenkaaaM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New york
Posts: 5,600
My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUUUUUV View Post
...I love my eyelids... seems kinda immature you even mentioning that. I have my own situations with this shop and you dont want me to state the facts.....So I wont go there....all I will say is....I went to another shop.... we all know where that is and now I'm impressed..............
100% with smuuuuv. Dont see the point of tryna dog on someones car. he likes it, you dont, who gives a f&ck. +1 for shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelski View Post
I have a coment.
The OP is just abt the onlyone in too pages of posts who nos how to spel.
We all been through at least 12 years of english. This is a public forum. I think if everyone understands what your saying, even if spelling is off, its more than acceptable. We're writing on a "forum", not publishing a sci-fi novel.
zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #27
Barbaros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,518
My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Wow just wow!! I understand the OP is all stressed out and has been trying to get his car fixed for 5 months. So he s been very frustrated and opened this thread that shits on impressive auto's reputation. I believe he had gotten very very unlucky but still his issues been fixed by impressive. It's not like any other place, when you are done you take your car home and realize you are leaking oil, so you take it back and the mechanic tells you that it had nothing to do with him. Once you are out that's it. So they too could have not cover for their or your mistakes. Being just another customer of impressive, I would say John is the man who knows what he is doing. A few times, I have had a couple problems still after my car was fixed but I went back and got it all fixed for good. BMW is one of the most advanced cars in the industry. Even when you go to dealer, you still have problems. You should think about the fact that you have found somebody who can fix a BMW for reasonable prices and just be grateful. If not the dealership is your friend.
__________________
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #28
04yfz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,387
My Ride: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproexec View Post
I totally understand everything that the OP went through. Id hate to wait 5 months for something done to my car. As a matter of fact I had to wait over a year for something to be done on my car with another shop. I had a very similar experience, but I sat down and talked to the owner in a calm, respectful and assertive way . However we all have to see it from another perspective. Lets think deeper here. The OP had an issue, but instead of telling all of what he's saying went wrong directly to John he's crying on the forums like anyone of us can help him. Impressive is a forum sponsor. In my eyes, that carries a great deal of respect, and if he had an issue the best thing to do would be to deal with the owner directly.

I can understand him posting this on the forums entirely IF John would've been immposibly abrasive and difficult. HOWEVER if you read the post that John made he admitted and took responsibility for whatever happened an offered to fix it. Yes, maybe it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but that doesn't mean when someone is making provisions to fix it that you turn your back. That is what leads me to believe that OP here does have an ungrateful attitude.

I think we are all adults here on the forums. I may joke around here on the forums, but when It comes to business, I am extremely professional. During my short 19 years of life I have been blessed to study and work for countless business managers, professionals and established individuals as I am pursuing careers in Law and Finance. Since my parents have a businesses I have been given enormous responsibility and have been afforded the opportunity to engage in 'real life' scenarios. As a 'kid' I had to assert myself and continue to assert myself whatever the situation. By doing this I learned excellent communication skills, dealing with various situations and circumstances and adapting to the as a result. All Im saying is that this couldve been dealt with another way. The OP is just mad and venting. This thread is redundant as a result and should be deleted since it serves no purpose. Do you understand what I was trying to point out?


I do understand your point, and you're 100% correct that if this is the first John is hearing about this then the OP went about things the wrong way.
However, my assumption was, and perhaps wrongfully so, that he has already tried to deal with Impressive before this, with no luck, and thus decided to cut his losses and let people know about his experience.

5 months to get your car fixed is a long time, and you too would get frustrated having to go back multiple times for something that should have been fixed right the first time, all while having additional damage (rear bumper) caused in the mean time. The timing chain I understand, but the fact that he had to go back multiple times for the same oil leak shows failure to address the issue by the shop.

The way the wheel was fixed is laughable, no respectable shop that takes pride in their work should expect a customer to be happy with that. I find it hard to believe the wheels weren't curbed by them as there are BMWs street parked all up and down the street near the curb, but we don't know this for a fact so we can only speculate.

But if you will offer to repair them for the client, as a professional courtesy, don't half ass it. The fact that they did repair it brings more credibility to his story. Besides, as a shop who was in possession of his car, should they not have gone over the car with the OP prior to beginning work and marked down existing damage? This was common practice when I used to get my car worked on by the local dealer.
__________________
Detailed Image Auto Detailing Supplies
[/CENTER]
04yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #29
E36 HaTeR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 406
My Ride: M54B30 E36 ;)
I agree with that ^
__________________
E36 HaTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
dmax
Registered User
 
dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 22,834
My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Wow...I feel like my posts seem a lot more reasonable in length now!

The things in the OPs story that concerned me the most...

First, that his crank cracked in the first place. First time I've read of that. Is that a common thing among Ms?

Second, after his engine was taken apart and reassembled, he broke a timing chain and vanos and paid for both. I'm sorry, but on that point that the OP made, I think he's right. I think the shop should have said, "listen, taking apart an engine is a complicated thing. I don't know why that chain broke, but I'm sure it's our fault and we'll fix it and it won't cost you any more." Ditto the subsequent failures.

If you're that deep into an engine, you should replace the vanos oil line, and check chain tensioners, etc. I do know coincidences happen, but everyone should understand the OPs suspicion it was related to the repair, and although I know John needs to protect his business, I think ironically that the best way to do that is accept blame. If his shop is as good as many have said, then he knows that the odds are pretty decent something went wrong in the repair, more likely than that a timing chain just happened to decide to break then. I've also never heard of a timing chain breaking here. Again, is that a common thing in Ms?

I'm stepping to the side of how long it took, whether John returned every call or not.

I also think that whether sponsor or not, one of the best features of Fanatics is that we can recommend shops. We get critiques of other shops pretty regularly. Fanatics would be harmed if sponsors, because they're sponsors, were protected from such reviews. I also understand that without sponsors, there'd be no Fanatics. Interesting dilemma.
__________________


Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #31
VonGeiss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ exit 109
Posts: 1,262
My Ride: 2002 m3
Guys I don't know why anyone could argue anything in this thread. All the OP did was write what happened to him. Let me ask you this - if you payed a shop A LOT of $$$ to fix your engine, and it blew up after roughly 2 tanks of gas would you consider that fixed? Also, if you actually had an m3 that you took extra special car of, and while it's at the shop it gets banged up would you be mad? If it took 5 months to "fix" your motor, only to get it back MULTIPLE TIMES spewing oil out of it (that it WASN'T doing before) would you be upset?

IDK guys if I payed that kinda money - only to get my car back IN WORSE SHAPE than before I'd be prettttyyyyy pissed off. Just my 2 cents guys.
__________________

2002 Carbon Black ///M3 - current
2002 Stahlgrau ///M3 - RIP
2001 325i - sold

Instagram: @VONGEISS
VonGeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #32
w0w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 20,006
My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
i noticed a bunch of biased responses backing up impressive (note the location of most of the guys backing up the shop). its stupid to defend a place because YOUR work came out good. as with any business there are some who come out happy and some who dont. are you going to call people who leave bad reviews on yelp liars because they received bad service and you didnt?

the OP said his part and frankly its the little things that make his story credible and shows that impressive cut corners to save their own ass as well as their money. making the customer point out your "unfortunate event" rather than bringing it up with them first? telling the customer you'll fix up their rims only to get it repaired with what looks to be a paint pen? and the customer basically paid for a new engine and after it bites the dust shortly thereafter you make the customer pay for it? sorry but thats just sad and pathetic.
__________________
daron
w0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #33
Traydoggz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queens
Posts: 63
My Ride: 2005 330xi
It's only right the OP vents out his dissatisfaction with impressive as a paying customer....bottom line, like with any business there's going to be positive and negative feedback period...it is what it is.
Traydoggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #34
///Mostarac
Registered User
 
///Mostarac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bosnia-Hercegovina, New Jersey
Posts: 4,967
My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
I think OP has every right to post his experience. The excruciatingly long original post shows that he was trying to be as unbiased as possible as he described every situation in great detail. Having gone through all that crap and spending so much money with a final outcome that got him nowhere is very irritating. I agree with the above posts on how OP should have been notified about his car being scuffed up, thats something that should be immediately brought up to ones attention. The fact that he pointed out that John was very hostile over the phone is very unprofessional. Thats something I will always avoid when choosing shops. Good luck with the car OP, you don't deserve this bs.
__________________
PARTING OUT MY CAR!!!!!! CLICK HERE
Eurowerkz | East Coast
-Benny
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #35
kk2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ny
Posts: 741
My Ride: e36, e46, e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
I think OP has every right to post his experience. The excruciatingly long original post shows that he was trying to be as unbiased as possible as he described every situation in great detail. Having gone through all that crap and spending so much money with a final outcome that got him nowhere is very irritating. I agree with the above posts on how OP should have been notified about his car being scuffed up, thats something that should be immediately brought up to ones attention. The fact that he pointed out that John was very hostile over the phone is very unprofessional. Thats something I will always avoid when choosing shops. Good luck with the car OP, you don't deserve this bs.
Absolutely.. how come it's ok to have a thousand Impressive fanboi threads, but it's not ok to post a thread when a member has a SERIOUS issue with a sponsor's work.

The bottom line is that Impressive is a business. When you're in the service industry, you have to do everything in your power to make the customer happy. Unhappy customers will break your business. Impressive should have never taken this job, period. They simply can't handle it. There are many shops I would trust with motor rebuilds in the tristate area.. None of them are in NYC.

How do I know impressive can't handle a motor build? They couldn't even install my rear wheel bearings correctly. Back a few years ago, I paid them to do a front and both rear wheel bearings. I brought the parts.. just the wheel bearings. He called back and gave me some bs like "this is so much work.. we thought you were going to bring the rear hubs when we quoted you the price... blah blah."

I was like wtf is this guy talking about. Pretty sure the wheel bearings are pressed into the trailing arms, which are prob like $1000 for each side.

Anyway, I got to the shop to pick up the car. He complained about the labor again, I paid and then drove off. The exit before the whitestone, one of my axles blows. I limp back to the shop and they check it out.

He wound up eating the cost of a non oem axle and the labor.. Basically I just paid for wheel bearing labor. He said "I want to keep you as a customer." But forget that.. Id never go back to them after that experience.

That's my personal choice though. Like in business, vendors only get one chance.
kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
EvilPeanut88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Great Lakes
Posts: 172
My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to EvilPeanut88
Normally I do my own work but there is only one shop that will take care of my care as well as I do and that is Motorcepts! No questions about it!
__________________

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep...
not screaming, like the passengers in his car!!!

Last edited by EvilPeanut88; 01-28-2012 at 07:48 AM.
EvilPeanut88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #37
Barbaros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,518
My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPeanut88 View Post
Normally I do my own work but there is only one shop that will take care of my care as well as I do and that is Motorcepts! No questions about it!
Yeah I ve heard they are good. How about the prices?
__________________
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #38
SMUUUUUV
///Motorcepts ///Maintained
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hempstead, NY
Posts: 1,895
My Ride: '02 330 Vert-'06 4.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
Yeah I ve heard they are good. How about the prices?
Prices are music to your ears and service is unmatched(IMO).....

Last edited by SMUUUUUV; 01-28-2012 at 08:18 AM.
SMUUUUUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #39
Edog323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 119
My Ride: 323i
Wow what an ordeal this is one of the reasons why I do my own work. I would hate to have to deal with this,and if I do have to use an indy, its Euromeccanica in Mt Vernon. The guys there are open and honest about the work they're gonna do.


Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer
__________________
Edog323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #40
John@Impressive AutoWerk
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 493
This is going to be our final post on this thread. We just want to clarify a few things which forum members seem not to understand due to the OP original lack of factual information and aggressive attitude. People are questioning how the timing chain broke, this never happened, the timing chain guide broke which is a common issue on higher Mileage M3's since the OP's car had almost 100,000 miles on it. We never had an issue that we did not fix for the customer, every time he returned with an oil leak it was not the same one it was due to the various issues he was having. When he picked up the car after all work was completed there was oil on several parts of the engine and we offered to have it professionally steam cleaned for him to take off all oil residue, the OP denied it claiming he wanted to do it himself since he didn't trust people cleaning his engine bay. The oil that leaked from his car when he picked it up was a small drop most probably from left over oil residue which we told the OP prior to pickup. And to finally clear up the confusion about the rim. We did not fix the OP wheel we reimbursed him money to get it fixed since he wanted to get it done at his own specific location and had the wheel touched up quickly just so there was no silver curb rash on an all black wheel. We have to the very end tired to resolve any issues we could with the OP and are still willing to resolve anything that he wants us to do for him. Unfortunately every business does have clients that can never be fully satisfied. We do accept Forum members putting up reviews whether they are good reviews or improvement which need to be made on our part, but please stick to the facts and do not post with accusations and with an aggressive manner since we are ALWAYS willing to work to resolve all issues to our customer since we value all our customers. Thank you to everyone that had an open mind to the situation, it always helps us to improve our service.
John@Impressive AutoWerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use