E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
JaySC

My Ride: '06 X5 4.4i
Help with new e53 (X5 content)

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I thought about putting it in the "Other Models" section, but it has such sparse responses, so... Mods please move if you feel necessary, I'm not looking to infringe.

My e46 is unfortunately in better hands now. After needed a number of repairs, my mechanic offered to purchase it from me for more than my local dealer would give on trade, so I made the deal. My new vehicle is a 2006 X5 4.4i (as seen above), and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm looking for some inexpensive/tasteful mods to do to make it more "mine" and to make it more usable. I had done the aux in mod on my e46 and have enough parts left over to do it to the e53 for no cost. It's alpine white on black, nav, sport, dark wood trim. I've considered doing a CF wrap on the interior as it's reversible and would possibly serve to keep the trim in its current condition as well as update the look a bit. Also thinking about blacking out the grills and hood vents (maybe with a cf wrap around the grill trim), maybe even debadging. If I get crazy, maaaaybe even a vinyl roof wrap.

Also, the wheels are a little rashed, any ideas on quick fix besides something silly like plasti dip? I wouldn't mind a color other than aluminum (style 132 wheels) if there's a somewhat cheap way to get them back into shape.

I've considered doing a nav update of some sort, but who knows.

I guess what I'm asking is, if this were your X5 what would you do to it?

Thanks!
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Pics nao.

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
mack89

My Ride: '02 TIAG 330i 5spd
Mmmm obviously not exterior mods.

I'd get air suspension, oh yeah AIR. Only if you have stock suspension..
Other than that, something that might affect your satisfaction of everyday driving.
A decent stereo system (not the one with too much banging woofer), carputer or even both.

And then...I'd spend every penny on maintenance.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
eschantra

My Ride: 2008 X5, 2001 Z06
Send a message via Yahoo to eschantra
from one E46 to X5 owner to another. My E70 is Alpine White too, and this is what it looks like with black grilles and clear reflectors:

My pretty clean 214s will be up for sale soon if you want to upgrade to 20s

2008 X5 4.8i - H&R, Rotiform, Dunlop, Umnitza, BMW Performance
2001 Z06 - Pfadt, Hawk, CCW or OEM, Hoosier or Nitto
1996 328is - super cheap street and track project
2012 328i Sport (wifemobile) - it's here!

Contributing blogger at RacingReady.com......wannabe to real racer!
Read my latest Corvette Forum article here
eschantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #5
reynaldo

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to reynaldo
I will purchase 2006 BMW X5 3.0i when I get back from deployment around 2014. The first i will mod is the front bumper guard tahts about it.

Tags
4.4, e53