E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 123 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #181
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
No idea...
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #182
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
touch the screen to go back and forth from video to PDC display.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #183
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
touch the screen to go back and forth from video to PDC display.
That answer is so simple it's funny.
Reminds me of the guy last year who refused to try out all the buttons and the touch screen to see what they do because he didn't want to break anything.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #184
330touring

My Ride: 330d touring
Phonebook is now present In the phone, I deleted all previous paired units so the d99 is now the only device my phone automatically pair up with.

Was it a mistake of me to rout the Fakra cable close to the big fat battery cable (my battery is in the trunk)? Can this cause the annoying rev. related wining?

Reg. bad radio reception, the wagon has an antenna amplifier that needs power. Will that power supply be affected in any way after installing the d99?
330touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #185
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
if its an 01 or older then yes the antenna may need power, try going into the factory settings menu and turning on the AUTO ANTENNA function. This is a new feature and I havent had a chance to try it out yet but I think it is a built in antenna power supply.....

If not, the fix is to get a Metra 40-VW53 powered antenna adapter.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #186
hn_tz

My Ride: 2005 330ci
d99 setup

Hi guys,

Just installed my d99 and it works like a charm but i had a few questions regarding the setup.

is there anyway i can change the bootup image to be a bmw logo as opposed to the dynavin logo? in the factory setup menu there is an option to set the logo to either dynavin, merc, bmw etc, however if i select bmw it doesnt save my selection.

can i disable the car image that shows up when i put my car in reverse (automatic trans.) I dont have pdc or reverse camera.

is there a way i can scroll through phone numbers directly from my steering wheels as opposed to through the touch screen?

any assistance is much appreciated.

thank you
hn_tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #187
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
I am having the same issue....there was a time where it would show a picture and the music still played....however now it is back to cutting the music off.....ANNOYING! Dont care too much about the picture just dont want the music to cut off.
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #188
330touring

My Ride: 330d touring
If Iím in phone or obs interface and move the gear selector through the reverse, the car image appears for a few second. All good so far, but when the selector is out of the R the screen goes over to the music source (ipod/aux/radio/SD), and donít back to phone or obc. Too me it seems logical that the screen went back to obc or phone. Any way to change settings to meet my logic?
330touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #189
tigerbama

My Ride: BMW 2000 323Ci
Just installed my Dynavin D99 in my bimmer coupe, the software isn't that great, cannot bluetooth meaning my iPhone will connect, wireless connection works sometimes, GPS does work at all and the CD/DVD player will not load a CD/DVD. What is the firmware version in the new Dynavin D99, can i refresh it or is my device dead on arrival
tigerbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #190
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Opps put this in another thread. installed D99 android today. The OBC button does nothing when selected. I have also tried to get the PDC to operate but no joy.

However the steering controls worked straight away with no issues. everything else on the unit is as expected. top sound from it too.

When i go to systems setup and the factory menu, and try to cycle between reverse (camera ) and the PDC it wont move off reverse. Its as if the PDC option isnt there to be selected.

Last edited by listermint; 01-29-2012 at 03:46 PM.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #191
episof

My Ride: 325i
Listermint I am experiencing the same issue on Wince D99 system. Initially I wasn't getting steering wheel controls, but switched the blue and white wires and now that works, beautifully. However I get no action from the OBC button. I would also appreciate if anyone had any thoughts...
episof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #192
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
When i go to systems setup and the factory menu, and try to cycle between reverse (camera ) and the PDC it wont move off reverse. Its as if the PDC option isnt there to be selected.
Have you tried tapping the touch screen to toggle between the two?
Jeff had already addressed this only a few posts up #182, does anyone actually read other posts??

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-29-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #193
swany001

My Ride: 330CI E46
Maybe you have the wrong fakra cable , i had these issues up till today when they fitted the correct cable , no OBC , NO steering wheel controls , no illumination on the controls. All now work with the new cable.
swany001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #194
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Have you tried tapping the touch screen to toggle between the two?
Jeff had already addressed this only a few posts up #182, does anyone actually read other posts??
As above, when 'trying' to cycle between the two, tapping the screen it does nothing. all the other options on the factory screen will toggle to their relevant settings, but the reverse option does not change.

Perplexing to say the least.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #195
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by episof View Post
Listermint I am experiencing the same issue on Wince D99 system. Initially I wasn't getting steering wheel controls, but switched the blue and white wires and now that works, beautifully. However I get no action from the OBC button. I would also appreciate if anyone had any thoughts...
Yeah strange my steering wheel controls work beautifully, I would assume if i had no steering controls i would have no OBC, but to have one and not the other... kinda lost.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #196
arcasb

My Ride: E46-320d
Dvn-e46 d99

[QUOTEwas wondering if the built in ipod cord supports video on this model, I am aware that does not support video in the older models.[/QUOTE]

i have the DVN-E46 D99 Android, the unit supports video from SD-card, so i think it should be working from ipod as well, never try it till now.
arcasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #197
arcasb

Dvn-e46 d99

i have the DVN-E46 D99 Android, the unit supports video from SD-card, so i think it should be working from ipod as well, never try it till now.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #198
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcasb View Post
it does not support video from ipod. sorry buddy.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #199
episof

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Yeah strange my steering wheel controls work beautifully, I would assume if i had no steering controls i would have no OBC, but to have one and not the other... kinda lost.
Weirdest thing, OBC just started working today... I didn't change anything.
episof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #200
arcasb

Quote:
it does not support video from ipod. sorry buddy.
Thanks for the info... dont have any ipod anyway

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99