E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #81
opey

My Ride: 04 M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Did you guys stop and think WHY this is so much cheaper than all the other units including the Dynavin?
Will wait now for all the complaint threads.
yea, because dynavin "blew up". lets not forget that the dynavins were originally $500 too... now theyre up to almost $900. these units have the same or better hardware than dynavin, i bet that they are manufactured by the same company with just differences in the radio side GUI

IR/IR 6 speed
opey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #82
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Go for it guys you may be right and in the meantime I'll still look forward to all the Dynavin clone complaint threads.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #83
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Did you guys stop and think WHY this is so much cheaper than all the other units including the Dynavin?
Will wait now for all the complaint threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenluczynski View Post
I don't think people realize the markup of items that are imported from china
Quote:
Originally Posted by opey View Post
yea, because dynavin "blew up". lets not forget that the dynavins were originally $500 too... now theyre up to almost $900. these units have the same or better hardware than dynavin, i bet that they are manufactured by the same company with just differences in the radio side GUI

Ive been staying out of this thread as its none of my business BUT I want to just clarify a few things....

yes, the dynavins were around $500 or even less when they first came out, they were the version 1 units (samples) and at the time there were no dealers, they were selling direct to the customers, on top of that price there was shipping, customs fees and taxes, bank transfer fees, etc. Came to about $550-$600 when all was said and done, and good luck if you had any issues....

Then they started seeking out dealers, a good idea from a customer service point of view but half of the dealers ended up being crooks. Then when the demand was shown to be there, some more reputable people (like myself, bimmian, jleviSW) got involved and in order to cover shipping, warranties, after sale customer support, etc... the price crept up to around $649-$700 and stayed there until the Android units and D99s came out. The added hardware (especially on the D99s) and legitimate licensed map programs added about $100 - $200 to the price of the units so now they are at $8XX.

What you are paying for is all of the above mentioned expenses in addition to the price of the unit, not to mention we have to get paid somewhere in there so that we can do things like pay sponsor fees to this website in order to even have this conversation!

So if $849 is too much for you that is fine, nothing wrong with that. There are less expensive alternatives, actually there always have been, but please understand why they are less expensive....

Now go ahead and bash me.....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-31-2012 at 06:47 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #84
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Jeff,

Thank you for posting in this thread, and thank you for being upfront about what the cost difference covers. Essentially: quick delivery, longer warranties, additional software, and post-sale support. I know all of those things are costly, and some profit has to be made in order to have a viable business model.

That information allows us to make an informed decision, dependent on our particular needs.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #85
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by spage View Post
Jeff,

Thank you for posting in this thread, and thank you for being upfront about what the cost difference covers. Essentially: quick delivery, longer warranties, additional software, and post-sale support. I know all of those things are costly, and some profit has to be made in order to have a viable business model.

That information allows us to make an informed decision, dependent on our particular needs.
Yep, exactly. Nothing wrong with picking up something cheap, but its best to understand what the actual final price is with all expenses accounted for, and to understand exactly what you are giving up, in order to make an informed decision.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-31-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #86
wrayclark91

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post

Now go ahead and bash me.....
Only an idiot would bash you for that

If dynavins specs where the same as this unit I would buy one even with the additional cost in a heart beat but I have this weird thing that makes me want the latest and great so I'm willing at this point to go through the possible headache of this unit (read: no support from great dealers like you or others) for the possibility of a better performing unit... be sure to breath in that massive run-on

Clark
wrayclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #87
J&T Distributing

I will only say this....and then Ill try to go away and let this thread take its course,

there is WAY more that goes into making a unit like this work than the specs on the android hardware. For most, how it works as a car stereo is first priority and there are countless challenges to making that work well (to be fair the dynavin has its shortcomings here as well).

This unit appears to be a split unit like the dynavin so the android part is only half the unit, and having a faster processor on that half does little or nothing for 95% of what these kind of units do. In all of my involvement with dynavin and the hundreds (thousands?) of dynavin users on this forum, processor speed has never really been something that has been brought up or even really discussed beyond the theoretical. Im not saying it doesnt matter, Im just saying there are many, many, many other things that matter more for regular useage on a day to day basis.

But since everyone's needs are different and the flexibility of these types of units allows them to be used many different ways, so to each his own....

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 01-31-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #88
rurena

My Ride: United States
this android thing is cool, but how useful is having android in your car radio? Do you start games while driving? facebook? I think you'll end up doing none of these things. I'd like to hear more about this but i am in no hurry to buy anything. the ce d99 is closer to what i want to upgrade to, but I'll wait. They'll get the windows automotive 7 in there sooner or later and that looks pretty good.
rurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #89
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurena View Post
this android thing is cool, but how useful is having android in your car radio? Do you start games while driving? facebook? I think you'll end up doing none of these things. I'd like to hear more about this but i am in no hurry to buy anything. the ce d99 is closer to what i want to upgrade to, but I'll wait. They'll get the windows automotive 7 in there sooner or later and that looks pretty good.
Updates, every new nav app, every new internet radio, wireless data transfer from phone, audio tuning apps, grooveshark apps, etc. Android is very useful on a car deck, especially if you have unlimited data on your phone and you tether.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #90
COM398
Account Under Review

My Ride: BMW E46
BMW android (Enco-B046)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty View Post
Would also like to see more pictures of the GUI.
attachment of Enco-B046
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	434940   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	434941   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	434942   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	434943  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	434944   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	434945  
COM398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #91
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
Com398 ...
You beat me to it. Received the same pics. I d love to know what the back of the unit looks like. Front and rear audio outputs possibly?

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
M127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #92
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
I purchased one of these a while ago. Everything works as advertised. Android, radio, bluetooth etc... The only problem I had was getting he wifi to work on the android side. It turned out that the wifi was NOT built in. So it is like they dynavin. you need a wireless usb modem. But I still had no luck with the wireless USB modem. That seemed to be the only problem for me.

I still have it if anyone wants to buy it off me. Brand new.
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #93
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
I purchased one of these a while ago. Everything works as advertised. Android, radio, bluetooth etc... The only problem I had was getting he wifi to work on the android side. It turned out that the wifi was NOT built in. So it is like they dynavin. you need a wireless usb modem. But I still had no luck with the wireless USB modem. That seemed to be the only problem for me.

You purchased it a while ago and have used it, yet you say it's brand new??
Why are you selling it already?

Last edited by Darkoz; 02-01-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #94
winter_baby

My Ride: e46
Did it come with sd card w rom? If so, is it possible to share the rom? I seriously want to get my hand on that GB (2.3) rom...

Quote:

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

Last edited by winter_baby; 02-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.
winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #95
EnDLeSs_27

Quote:
You purchased it a while ago and have used it, yet you say it's brand new??
Why are you selling it already?
Just like my original post. I wanted to use it. But I needed the wifi function to work. And it wasnt working for me. So I never used it and it is still in the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_baby View Post
Did it come with sd card w rom? If so, is it possible to share the rom? I really want to get my hand on that GB rom...

Yes it came with a SD card. I have to check what is on it though.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #96
winter_baby

My Ride: e46
If u can zip them up, I can provide a web hard disk where u can upload the zip file. Thanks a lot!!
Quote:
Yes it came with a SD card. I have to check what is on it though.

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

Last edited by winter_baby; 02-01-2012 at 12:50 AM.
winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #97
EnDLeSs_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by M127 View Post
Com398 ...
You beat me to it. Received the same pics. I d love to know what the back of the unit looks like. Front and rear audio outputs possibly?

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Here is the pic of the back I just took.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	10844
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	434956  
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #98
eu teo

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:

Do you still have it? Does it have the BC stuff like MPGs and so on?
Pictures? Im interested

Sent from my EVO 3D
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #99
adrianrbls

My Ride: 330Cic
Sub'd
Cant wait for the review
adrianrbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #100
M127

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe/CB/6MT
Endless..
Thanks for posting the pic! Funny how you ve had this unit, and we ve got tons of people waiting on a review of this item for like 2 weeks now.

It's definitely the enco b046 you have?
Purchased from where?

Thanks man!
M127 is online now   Reply With Quote