E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #221
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Okay lads, hoping to get back to normal scheduled posting.

Anyway sorted the OBC / PDC issue turns out that i do in fact have the wrong canbus as i suspected (thanks jeff for confirmation) my dealer also confirmed and is resolving this presently.

Aside, as this is the dynavin d99 i thought the market issue may have been resolved. but it does appear that i cannot download any apps, anything i try to download fails. google talk fails authentication etc etc. But it displays most apps when i search stuff.

Is this market version related as in i have market 2.1.2 or is it dynavin firmware related in that case does the firmware on dynavins site currently belong to the D95 or D99.

All help appreciated, cheers guys.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #222
swany001

My Ride: 330CI E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Yeah well I'm pissed off too Jeff, since I bought my E46 there have been three model upgrades and yet my car still looks like the old E46, you'd think BMW would look after their customers and offer free lifetime upgrades, I guess they care more about money.
Well no doubt when you bought your E46 and if you bought it new everything on it worked as advertised ! If it didn't all you would do is take to the dealer and get whatever the problem was fixed free of charge and even get a courtesy car while they fix it..
Not left in the dark to solve the problems yourself .
swany001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #223
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Also, I purchased a new house but then within a year the builder released a new design which looks heaps better than mine, I think I should give them a call and get them to update my house so it looks like the new design.
If they care about their customers I think they should do it no questions asked, surely they don't expect me to buy a new house when something better comes along??

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-31-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #224
JacksonY

My Ride: BMW 330Ci (2004 E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonY View Post
I just got a DVN-E46 D99 WinCE installed today... I wanted android but the local distributor in Hong Kong do not stock the version. =(

However I need help with a couple of things...
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1...
1, I had paired my iPhone with the D99, works great, sounds okay but I guess thats as good as it gets... left my car then came back... and it occured to me that my iPhone is not automatically reconnecting to it... as did my old handsfree solution... but then my old solution had an "answer/hangup" button... just like BT headsets... pressing it will trigger the iPhone to reconnect to it... however I was unable to find this function on the Dynavin... and I had to go thru the millions of menus on my iPhone and click on the FC6000 button for it to reconnect... is there such a function or similar on these units? because the user manual is really no help...

2, It seems that the Dynavin is not able to load my phone book... whenever I tried to search for anyone... I would simply get "NO_DATA"... however... if someone calls me or if I call someone (via the headunit by manually dialing the numbers or the iPhone) I will get their contact name as entered in my iPhone. Am I doing something wrong? Because all the options are turned "ON" in my iPhone.
So... can anyone teach me how to use my Dynavin?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #225
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Quote:
Also, I purchased a new house but then within a year the builder released a new design which looks heaps better than mine, I think I should give them a call and get them to update my house so it looks like the new design.
If they care about their customers I think they should do it no questions asked, surely they don't expect me to buy a new house when something better comes along??
What if you bought your house and the doors didn't quite work but the builder shrugged and told you to buy the new improved house?
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #226
listermint

Any chance of getting back to the topic? or are we going to meander of with useless analogy.

I thought this thread was for people who want to use the dynavin, if you want to give out about it, give it back to your dealer and jog on out of here.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #227
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
What if you bought your house and the doors didn't quite work but the builder shrugged and told you to buy the new improved house?
You don't even own a Dynavin and yet already you're thinking there's something wrong with it but I can tell you that I've had mine for 18 months and I've had zero issues with it and it works as advertised.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #228
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Any chance of getting back to the topic? or are we going to meander of with useless analogy.

I thought this thread was for people who want to use the dynavin, if you want to give out about it, give it back to your dealer and jog on out of here.
I like analogies, much more fun than the continual whinging you read here.

Last edited by Darkoz; 02-01-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #229
listermint

Quote:
I like analogies, much more fun than the continual whinging you read here.
Quite true, but any suggestions ?

Quote:

Anyway sorted the OBC / PDC issue turns out that i do in fact have the wrong canbus as i suspected (thanks jeff for confirmation) my dealer also confirmed and is resolving this presently.

Aside, as this is the dynavin d99 i thought the market issue may have been resolved. but it does appear that i cannot download any apps, anything i try to download fails. google talk fails authentication etc etc. But it displays most apps when i search stuff.

Is this market version related as in i have market 2.1.2 or is it dynavin firmware related in that case does the firmware on dynavins site currently belong to the D95 or D99.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #230
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
Ok, I'll chime in . . . . .

Jeff, you rock sir . . . .

Darkoz, you are still my hero (and you make me laugh) . . . .

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #231
MaximumWalrus

Quote:
You don't even own a Dynavin and yet already you're thinking there's something wrong with it but I can tell you that I've had mine for 18 months and I've had zero issues with it and it works as advertised.
I don't THINK there is something wrong with it, I know as well as everyone does that it has the odd bug. Of course it does. Every software based product ever written has bugs. Games have bugs. iPhones have bugs. Everything has bugs. It's a fact of life.

People are just peeved that it seems to be mostly the Dynavin way (And its important to state - the Dynavin way, nothing to do with honest, hardworking resellers like Jeff) to simply bring out a new product for a bit more money than provide bug fixes and refinements for existing products. This is a poor long term business strategy, but a good quick-profit short term strategy. This is why people are irritated. Remember, the Dynavin units are NOT cheap products. Infact they are really quite expensive - it's a $300 product Dynavin sell for much more because, well, who elses are you gonna buy? Again, this is fine. I accept this and I'm ok with the premium for OEM look. But with high price comes high expectation for many.

HOWEVER..

Pre-purchase research, of which I have done much, means that really, we all know what we are getting into before we click buy. We KNOW there will be bugs. We know it's unlikely that they will be fixed before a D105 comes along for another $100. Therefore we should really take this into account before we buy and realise that what we get on Day 1 is it - all we are ever likely to get. Any updates are a bonuis, but we shouldn't expect them.

We'd all be a lot happier if we took that attitude, IMHO. Yea I know it sucks we have to, but thats the reality of the situation. Frankly we are lucky to have a product like this anyway given how old our cars are.

But it's a bit unfair to rail off at newbies who have found the forum after buying and are frustrated with issues. It's understandable why they are irritated and telling them its like buying a house and expecting a free upgrade is just daft.

And dont worry, I'll be buying one as soon as they hit the UK reseller! And it'll have bugs. And I'll contain my frustration when they fix the bugs in the D100
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #232
A_1986

My Ride: E46 330CD
Anyone having issues with the USB function? I have tried 3 different usb sticks and non of them want to work. I tried something on the navigation side and found that when I browsed through the music player on the navigation side the USB has been picked up and I can see the folders etc. My question is then why is it not picking it up on the main screen?? I touch the USB button on the main screen and nothing at all! The format of the USB is fat32 and I have a wince unit. Any help on this would be appreciated thanks!
A_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #233
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_1986 View Post
Anyone having issues with the USB function? I have tried 3 different usb sticks and non of them want to work. I tried something on the navigation side and found that when I browsed through the music player on the navigation side the USB has been picked up and I can see the folders etc. My question is then why is it not picking it up on the main screen?? I touch the USB button on the main screen and nothing at all! The format of the USB is fat32 and I have a wince unit. Any help on this would be appreciated thanks!
The Android side cannot see the USB ports. You can attach Bluetooth USB and it will connect to Android, but NOT USB "RAM". You have to use the MicroSD for music and such.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #234
A_1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
The Android side cannot see the USB ports. You can attach Bluetooth USB and it will connect to Android, but NOT USB "RAM". You have to use the MicroSD for music and such.
Is that the same principle for win ce units? If so why what's the big USB menu button used for??
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #235
MaximumWalrus

Quote:
Is that the same principle for win ce units? If so why what's the big USB menu button used for??
The radio side.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #236
A_1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
The radio side.
Yeh I understand that.. My question is really to determine whether I can use my USB stick for music etc on radio side?? Because it's not working thats my issue.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #237
listermint

Quote:
Yeh I understand that.. My question is really to determine whether I can use my USB stick for music etc on radio side?? Because it's not working thats my issue.
You can, or you can use the Micro SD card on the right hand side of the unit (bottom right) for this function its radio side also.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #238
listermint

So does anyone know that the latest firmware should be for the D99 and what version of market is working for them? as in downloading stuff. I have installed various APK.s but its handier if they will download through market.

Quote:

Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #239
A_1986

Quote:
You can, or you can use the Micro SD card on the right hand side of the unit (bottom right) for this function its radio side also.
Right.. So clearly there's an issue, because my radio side USB function is not working! I have a feeling that I have connected the USB to the wrong USB port at the back of the Unit, as there are two ports at the back, could that be a possibility??
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #240
Burnse

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325i
to Darkoz

your comment;

"Originally Posted by Darkoz
Yeah well I'm pissed off too Jeff, since I bought my E46 there have been three model upgrades and yet my car still looks like the old E46, you'd think BMW would look after their customers and offer free lifetime upgrades, I guess they care more about money."

I'll see your little jab, your attempt of mocking me but I said nothing about wanting a firmware/software upgrade for free.. I wouldn't expect to get it for free because I'm not unreasonable.

Here, I'll save you some time, post 216, I said;

''I bet there are people out there with the d95 willing to pay 100-200 ( and not giving a crap about new hardware that may not be a big of an issue as the things I mentioned ) for a software/firmware upgrade to the d99 UI/GUI"

--- I being included..

How about this analogy, since you brought up your e46. You spent XXX for the car and after owning it for a little while, you discovered you have ECU problems, maybe it's the way your car shifts ( granted, you probably don't drive an auto but we'll use it for simplicity ) or you're constantly getting dummy lights on the board for a sensor misread, etc. You know from reading forums that people complained to BMW and their solution is to buy a new car because it's enhanced/fixed. Would you go an buy the new car?
Burnse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99