#1 ·
Ok so I guess its time to start this.

S52 block bored to 86.5mm oring'd
S52 head machined to accept m54 dual vanos
JE pistons 9:1
Eagle rods
Arp 2000 rod bolts and head studs
Factory head gasket (installed dry)
M50 intake manifold modified to accept 540 throttle body (3 1/4")
Zhp cams (248, 248)
Safety wired oil pump nut
Spa t4 manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate
Hks ssqv bov
Turbonetics 72mm hurricane series (compact housing)
24x12x3 intercooler
E46 m3 tranny and rear end

The car

See less See more
#5 ·
I like !

When do you think it will be done ?

Side question: The 540 drive by wire throttle body you have, do you have any idea if it would work from an electrical stand point with a 330Ci, as in plug & play ? I understand some port matching would need to be done to the 330 intake manifold.

Rob

#12 ·
Side question: The 540 drive by wire throttle body you have, do you have any idea if it would work from an electrical stand point with a 330Ci, as in plug & play ? I understand some port matching would need to be done to the 330 intake manifold.

Rob
thats the plan...

hopefully have the n/a version up and running by next weekend for break in, then turbo after i get a new clutch and injectors, and fab up the exhaust and intercooler piping.

#15 ·
I wish I didn't see this. Now the gears are turning again.

#23 ·
I ran the car last night for the hell of it. Currently it has the stock 328i throttle body, maf and intake w/ old oem filter. Factory exhaust and all the settings on the piggy back are set to zero as far as performance. So basically a completely stock setup minus the 3.2l with zhp cams and m50 manifold. Car weighs 3580 with me in it and ran 15.01 @94. Pretty slow... But based on hp calculators 232 rwhp. I feel it's broken in, and now ready for the e85, 540 throttle and turbo...

#25 ·
I ran the car last night for the hell of it. Currently it has the stock 328i throttle body, maf and intake w/ old oem filter. Factory exhaust and all the settings on the piggy back are set to zero as far as performance. So basically a completely stock setup minus the 3.2l with zhp cams and m50 manifold. Car weighs 3580 with me in it and ran 15.01 @94. Pretty slow... But based on hp calculators 232 rwhp. I feel it's broken in, and now ready for the e85, 540 throttle and turbo...
Probaly not, but that is very awesome!

#28 ·
I don't know, I have a tendency to agree. 232whp is about what I estimate I made when I was running 100mph trap speeds in my full weight car, or perhaps I made even less power, others have trapped more with similar weight and 230whp. 200whp yields around 94-96 depending on plenty of factors. both stock e46 330ci and e36M dyno similar numbers in the 190-210whp range. some e36s can't trap but 96mph, others trap 99+/stock. There's a significant variance in what people call stock, and dynos- that difference alone provides enough variance in hp that this question is moot. But 15.0@94 is just a very thin hair faster than my completely stock e36 325i nonvanos.

But who cares!? this project is low compression. The entire point of this thing is to have a charger attached and to fulfill the numbers claimed in the thread title. NA numbers are meaningless.

#40 ·
sorry guys its been a while. Ive been slammed with work, working 12-14 hour
days at times and dealing with a custody battle with my kids so haven;t really had much time for toys. The car is still running as a daily driver (on e85) but still naturally aspirated. I plan on getting back into it here as soon as it starts slowing down again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.