E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #181
EnDLeSs_27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 63
My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
I used " HuaWei" brand 3G modem.
Yea but doesn't that need a sim card for internet access? Or are you able to connect to a wifi network using it?
__________________
Endless Naruto The Greatest Naruto Anime & Manga Fansite!
D-Gray-Man The Ultimate D.Gray-man Fansite!
PS4Lounge.com The First PS4 Community
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #182
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 79
My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
Yea but doesn't that need a sim card for internet access? Or are you able to connect to a wifi network using it?
sure! SIM 3G card buy from local country.that is impossible to get from China.
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #183
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 79
My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
I purchased one of these a while ago. Everything works as advertised. Android, radio, bluetooth etc... The only problem I had was getting he wifi to work on the android side. It turned out that the wifi was NOT built in. So it is like they dynavin. you need a wireless usb modem. But I still had no luck with the wireless USB modem. That seemed to be the only problem for me.

I still have it if anyone wants to buy it off me. Brand new.
IT come with 3G modem from szenco.com.you can request about that.
http://www.szenco.com/contact.html
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #184
D.J
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 27
My Ride: MY'03 320ci
It doesn't have a plug to plug an external mic in? My experience with internal mic's is bad, very bad.... I hope it has an external plug!! And are you gonna make a video also bmwomgdj?
D.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #185
winter_baby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: sd
Posts: 189
My Ride: e46
@Endless

I'm willing to trade you my wifi dingle that came w dynavin which sud work w ur unit in exchange for the gingerbread rom.

Pm me if ur interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
let me know if you got the wifi to work. I could not get it to work on my unit. Where slot did you plug the USB modem? What brand etc..? Cause I tried everything and the wifi just wont work for me.


Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
__________________

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #186
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 79
My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_baby View Post
@Endless

I'm willing to trade you my wifi dingle that came w dynavin which sud work w ur unit in exchange for the gingerbread rom.

Pm me if ur interested.





Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

WLAN stick is cheaper ?
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #187
eu teo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Livonia
Posts: 136
My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
where send to ? just attached pictures here ?
can you please send it to my email? i pm'd you "video on the navi"

thanks you
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #188
kvinal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 119
My Ride: 323i
Bmwomdg did u western union money to them? I've been reading a lot about this subject but need a little bit clarified. I wish to use this unit to connect my iPhone to and listen to music or pandora. Also watch occasional DVDs. Don't need anything crazy featured other than that. Would the cheaper windows enco-d146 work for me? I own a 00 323i no wheel controls or fancy stuff lol. Thanks
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #189
ndblack3893
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: richlands nc
Posts: 14
My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
Bmwomdg did u western union money to them? I've been reading a lot about this subject but need a little bit clarified. I wish to use this unit to connect my iPhone to and listen to music or pandora. Also watch occasional DVDs. Don't need anything crazy featured other than that. Would the cheaper windows enco-d146 work for me? I own a 00 323i no wheel controls or fancy stuff lol. Thanks
I know you asked bmwomd. But I used western union to send the money. Jolly is in contact with me daily and also declared a low value for the item so that customs wont charge me or slow the item down. I ordered the enco-b146 because I don't need the android and the other fancy stuff. Its still gonna be well worth the money. It will work for your application fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
ndblack3893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #190
bikeaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: vancouver island
Posts: 123
My Ride: e46 330ci
i'm getting ready to order this. they do accept paypal. Didnt see if someone answered this but where are you guys buying your hvac relocation bracket? also has anyone hooked it up yet with the premium hk system? how is the sound? As long as its not any worse and the factory amp still works fine I will probably buy it this weekend.
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #191
kvinal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 119
My Ride: 323i
I emailed them they said no Paypal. Thank you black for answering my questions. How much was it for the 146 model?
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #192
wrayclark91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 26
My Ride: 2004 BMW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndblack3893 View Post
I know you asked bmwomd. But I used western union to send the money. Jolly is in contact with me daily and also declared a low value for the item so that customs wont charge me or slow the item down. I ordered the enco-b146 because I don't need the android and the other fancy stuff. Its still gonna be well worth the money. It will work for your application fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
I wish I would have talked to Jolly. I worked with "Charles" and my unit is now sitting at customs being "processed" running on three days now. really hoping they don't hold it forever...
wrayclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #193
ndblack3893
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: richlands nc
Posts: 14
My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
I emailed them they said no Paypal. Thank you black for answering my questions. How much was it for the 146 model?
I got the enco-b146, rearview camera, and the SD card loaded with us maps, shipping included it totaled to 410.00. The unit is 320, camera is 20, SD card is 10. Shipping to us is 60. So if you leave the camera or SD off its cheaper. Jolly declared my value at 80 which was her recommendation. She chatted with me for quite some time on Skype. I used western union instant availability to pickup for 20 bucks and they had it same day. Super easy transaction and jolly is really helpful to answer any questions.

As for the relocation bracket, I purchased mine from j and t distributing, which was really expensive in my opinion, considering the other model that has individual spots was only 52$ compared to the one that nearly every BMW owner needs is 95$ but I guess if you are one of the only people to offer it, then you can charge whatever you please. I don't have any complaints though, because they processed me quickly and offer a product to make my life easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
ndblack3893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #194
tinkwithanr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springfield OH
Posts: 726
My Ride: '00 323i + '75 2002
So I read through most of the thread but wanted to clarify one thing. I have an Iphone, so there wouldn't really be any benifit for me to get the android version since I can't tether to it or anything like that. If I want internet radio or anything like that I can just stream from my iphone over bluetooth to the enco-b146 correct? I would think my ideal setup would be similar to what ndblack ordered^^^.

Thanks for the help.

Also, how would this integrate with my harmon Kardon setup. Do I need to bypass the hk amp or anything?
__________________
Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Last edited by tinkwithanr; 02-10-2012 at 09:43 AM.
tinkwithanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #195
daki_bmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Serbia
Posts: 818
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndblack3893 View Post
I got the enco-b146, rearview camera, and the SD card loaded with us maps, shipping included it totaled to 410.00. The unit is 320, camera is 20, SD card is 10. Shipping to us is 60. So if you leave the camera or SD off its cheaper. Jolly declared my value at 80 which was her recommendation. She chatted with me for quite some time on Skype. I used western union instant availability to pickup for 20 bucks and they had it same day. Super easy transaction and jolly is really helpful to answer any questions.

As for the relocation bracket, I purchased mine from j and t distributing, which was really expensive in my opinion, considering the other model that has individual spots was only 52$ compared to the one that nearly every BMW owner needs is 95$ but I guess if you are one of the only people to offer it, then you can charge whatever you please. I don't have any complaints though, because they processed me quickly and offer a product to make my life easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
What did you "loose" by going for the WinCE version instead of Android? I myself am also interested in WinCE version...I know Android is "the s**t" these days, but I don't need fancy stuff, I don't need 3G, internet connection, apps... I need different ways to play MP3, Bluetooth, Radio, touchscreen and the most important a lot of options for different GPS software. Soooo, since you opted for WinCE version yourself, do you think that I shouldn't be worried by not going for Android version? Thanks...I really need another fanatics' opinion...
__________________
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #196
hoang031
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 142
My Ride: 01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndblack3893 View Post
I got the enco-b146, rearview camera, and the SD card loaded with us maps, shipping included it totaled to 410.00. The unit is 320, camera is 20, SD card is 10. Shipping to us is 60. So if you leave the camera or SD off its cheaper. Jolly declared my value at 80 which was her recommendation. She chatted with me for quite some time on Skype. I used western union instant availability to pickup for 20 bucks and they had it same day. Super easy transaction and jolly is really helpful to answer any questions.

As for the relocation bracket, I purchased mine from j and t distributing, which was really expensive in my opinion, considering the other model that has individual spots was only 52$ compared to the one that nearly every BMW owner needs is 95$ but I guess if you are one of the only people to offer it, then you can charge whatever you please. I don't have any complaints though, because they processed me quickly and offer a product to make my life easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
Wait do you need to buy a relocation bracket to move the hvac? I thought the hvac sat in the glove tray compartment perfectly?
hoang031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #197
listermint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 125
My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoang031 View Post
Wait do you need to buy a relocation bracket to move the hvac? I thought the hvac sat in the glove tray compartment perfectly?
Its does, but if you want it to stay and sit flush permanently then a bracket is required.

But it will go in no issues just very easy to pop back out again
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #198
mc4ren
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Donostia
Posts: 108
My Ride: E46 320D
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
attached real photos just i took.
That is a Vodafone 3G modem, isn't it? Where do you live? Did you test it right? What setup do you have as APN?
mc4ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #199
ndblack3893
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: richlands nc
Posts: 14
My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
What did you "loose" by going for the WinCE version instead of Android? I myself am also interested in WinCE version...I know Android is "the s**t" these days, but I don't need fancy stuff, I don't need 3G, internet connection, apps... I need different ways to play MP3, Bluetooth, Radio, touchscreen and the most important a lot of options for different GPS software. Soooo, since you opted for WinCE version yourself, do you think that I shouldn't be worried by not going for Android version? Thanks...I really need another fanatics' opinion...
The only real thing you lose is the ability to do everything that a smartphone with android can do. I have an android based Samsung galaxy s 2 and love it. But I don't want to tether to my navigation unit because that makes my bill with att go up by a vast amount. The android version is hackable and easier to customize. Wince is for people that want a normal navigation, with the radio, Bluetooth, and DVD features. It still has all options such as amp outputs, camera abilities, replaceable maps, steering wheel controls and all of that. The android is mainly if you want email and such in your car.

The hvac relocation is not required, but nice to have. Mp3 can be played too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
ndblack3893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #200
rageio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 7
My Ride: '03 BMW 325xi
Send a message via ICQ to rageio Send a message via AIM to rageio Send a message via Yahoo to rageio Send a message via Skype™ to rageio
I have the WinCE version and I got it off ebay for like $520.00.

I should have waited to have seen this thread and purchased the Android from Shenzen.

-Mike
rageio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use