E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #201
ndblack3893

My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
What did you "loose" by going for the WinCE version instead of Android? I myself am also interested in WinCE version...I know Android is "the s**t" these days, but I don't need fancy stuff, I don't need 3G, internet connection, apps... I need different ways to play MP3, Bluetooth, Radio, touchscreen and the most important a lot of options for different GPS software. Soooo, since you opted for WinCE version yourself, do you think that I shouldn't be worried by not going for Android version? Thanks...I really need another fanatics' opinion...
The only real thing you lose is the ability to do everything that a smartphone with android can do. I have an android based Samsung galaxy s 2 and love it. But I don't want to tether to my navigation unit because that makes my bill with att go up by a vast amount. The android version is hackable and easier to customize. Wince is for people that want a normal navigation, with the radio, Bluetooth, and DVD features. It still has all options such as amp outputs, camera abilities, replaceable maps, steering wheel controls and all of that. The android is mainly if you want email and such in your car.

The hvac relocation is not required, but nice to have. Mp3 can be played too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
ndblack3893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #202
rageio

My Ride: '03 BMW 325xi
Send a message via ICQ to rageio Send a message via AIM to rageio Send a message via Yahoo to rageio Send a message via Skype™ to rageio
I have the WinCE version and I got it off ebay for like $520.00.

I should have waited to have seen this thread and purchased the Android from Shenzen.

-Mike
rageio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #203
ndblack3893

My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageio View Post
I have the WinCE version and I got it off ebay for like $520.00.

I should have waited to have seen this thread and purchased the Android from Shenzen.

-Mike
That's aight man because you still got it cheaper than some people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
ndblack3893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #204
winter_baby

My Ride: e46
Removed.

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

Last edited by winter_baby; 02-11-2012 at 12:46 AM.
winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #205
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter_baby View Post
@Endless

I'm willing to trade you my wifi dingle that came w dynavin which sud work w ur unit in exchange for the gingerbread rom.

Pm me if ur interested.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Bimmer App
Wont work I already tried it. I already used the dynavin one. I also bought several different models of the USB wifi modems. None of them work on the unit for wifi access. so no tethering
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #206
winter_baby

There is a post here with a trick that will enable certain wifi dongles. In fact I'm running a wireless n dongle on my unit right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
Wont work I already tried it. I already used the dynavin one. I also bought several different models of the USB wifi modems. None of them work on the unit for wifi access. so no tethering

Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #207
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
There is a post here with a trick that will enable certain wifi dongles. In fact I'm running a wireless n dongle on my unit right now.

I tested 3G stick is working well.and i don't have WLAN stik,so have not to tested for WIFI yet. i think that 3G is enough for me,don't need WIFI on this moment.
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #208
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
Bmwomdg did u western union money to them? I've been reading a lot about this subject but need a little bit clarified. I wish to use this unit to connect my iPhone to and listen to music or pandora. Also watch occasional DVDs. Don't need anything crazy featured other than that. Would the cheaper windows enco-d146 work for me? I own a 00 323i no wheel controls or fancy stuff lol. Thanks
yea,i sent unit 450+70$ shipping=520$ through Western Union,fast delivery only 4 work days and received it.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #209
Chayan

My Ride: 330i 04
Nice unit so far, I talked with Jolly and I don't understand, she tell me it's wifi built-in, but I need the 3G module if I want to connect on wifi hotspot?! and bmwomgdj can you tell me if it is a capacitive or resistive screen. Jolly's answer is capacitive screen but I saw couple of photos and there is a calibrate screen option which is not for capacitive screen but resistive (capacitive not need to be calibrated).
Chayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #210
Chayan

My Ride: 330i 04
Quote:
Do you have the enco unit or dynavin? because you asked the GB ROM in exchange with the dongle that comes with the dynavin.
Chayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #211
winter_baby

Apology for confusion...

I currently have Dynavin (D95) and upgraded wifi dongle (wireless n) so I now have a spare wifi dongle which came with Dynavin. And I'm offering it for anyone who is willing to share the GB rom from enco unit (It seems enco doesn't come with the dongle as I'm reading here).

My goal is to test the Rom on my Dynavin since GB has much better/efficient memory management (along with other perks) so I figure it would be worth the try.

Hope that clarifies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayan View Post
Do you have the enco unit or dynavin? because you asked the GB ROM in exchange with the dongle that comes with the dynavin.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #212
rageio

My Ride: '03 BMW 325xi
Send a message via ICQ to rageio Send a message via AIM to rageio Send a message via Yahoo to rageio Send a message via Skype™ to rageio
Ladies and gents,

I just wanted to mention that I've spoken with the two sales representatives Jolly and Charlie from Szenco and I must say they are very responsive, helpful and surprisingly legitimate. Maybe their English is a little broken and choppy, but remember, they are based out of China. They do the best they can to tailor to the USDM market. I remember when I was in the custom computer assembly business, some of the best motherboards were ordered from China (Gigabyte, Asus, etc.) Szenco seems to be legit and the real deal. I don't see anything wrong with ordering from these guys. They offer a great product and the price is right. It might not have the fanatical support and well-seasoned English speaking representatives that Dynavin has, but for the price, who can really complain?
rageio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #213
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayan View Post
Nice unit so far, I talked with Jolly and I don't understand, she tell me it's wifi built-in, but I need the 3G module if I want to connect on wifi hotspot?! and bmwomgdj can you tell me if it is a capacitive or resistive screen. Jolly's answer is capacitive screen but I saw couple of photos and there is a calibrate screen option which is not for capacitive screen but resistive (capacitive not need to be calibrated).
I don't have WLAN stick now,maybe i can buy one and try it later.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 AM   #214
EnDLeSs_27

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
I don't have WLAN stick now,maybe i can buy one and try it later.
Don't get your hopes too high. Getting wifi internet to work (NOT 3G internet), seems to be an issue (I think it has to do with some software error not recognizing wifi usb sticks).
EnDLeSs_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #215
madjace

My Ride: 325 i
Can't you just tether it to your iPhone ?
Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #216
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4ren View Post
That is a Vodafone 3G modem, isn't it? Where do you live? Did you test it right? What setup do you have as APN?
That is a Vodafone 3G modem! yes ,you are right! Szenco sent to me,come with goods together. Szenco imported from other countries.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #217
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
In for research

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #218
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

I will take a video on weekend,then attach to everyone on next Monday to Tuesday!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #219
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDLeSs_27 View Post
Don't get your hopes too high. Getting wifi internet to work (NOT 3G internet), seems to be an issue (I think it has to do with some software error not recognizing wifi usb sticks).
Try to find "HuaWei" brand or Vodafone 3G modem test on that.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #220
eu teo

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
I will take a video on weekend,then attach to everyone on next Monday to Tuesday!!!!
thank you
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote