E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #61
dissto

My Ride: 04 m3
Send a message via ICQ to dissto Send a message via MSN to dissto
im interested in doing my roof in carbon, most likely the matte carbon. how much do it need, i will likely cover the sunroof glass as well as the entire roof. is this hard to wrap myself? please send me price shipped to canada, postal code n3p 1c6

thanks

2004 SMG ///M3, A08, SSR GT3 satin, ,ICONZ CSL Race Lip, V-CSL Trunk Lid, V-CSL Diffuser, Custom Made Full exhaust, tein s-techs... COMING SPRING 2013: Black BBS CH-R V-CSL Front Bumper, 3M Di-Noc Flat Carbon Fiber Roof, Side Gills, Mirror Caps....STAY TUBED for Updates..
dissto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #63
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Nothing fancy this time around. I vinyl wrapped the trunk handle, which was the last piece of chrome that was on this sapphire black 550 GT. The owner of this car was in Irvine as well. This will help out those who've asked me what my gloss black vinyl material looks like against metallic black paint/finishes. There's still a slight contrast to it, which I think is cool, so it still accents the trim pieces on the car a bit versus just blending in completely.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #64
Aidan330i

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
Can u post pics of the carbon fiber gloss?
Aidan330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #65
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Even though I mainly specialize in European cars, interestingly enough, I have still had quite a few of these new Kia Optimas come by to get work done on their cars. I had this customer e-mail me to see if I could vinyl wrap the roof of his white Kia Optima with my gloss black vinyl material to give the roof that panoramic roof look/effect. Even though the roof of this car protruded outwards in the middle, unlike most cars, I was still able to wrap the roof without any issues.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #66
ThePaintman

My Ride: 2001 330i
I need enough gloss black for my roof of my 2001 330i sedan? Whiles to cedar rapids, is 52405

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Bimmer App
ThePaintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #67
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I vinyl wrapped the roof of this brand new white Mercedes-benz C250 with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles/Torrance area and drove out to me in Orange County to have his roof done. It's always fun seeing new car models/face lifts come out and come by to get some vinyl work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #68
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Did this one probably a year ago, but just realized that I never posted pictures of it. It is a black G37 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof in the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish. It's not often that I get black cars coming by to get their roofs wrapped, so this is good for those out there who have darker colored cars or black cars to get an idea of how the carbon fiber would look on your roofs. It gives it a nice contrast. From far away it looks flat-ish, but once you get up closer, you start seeing the design and carbon fiber weave pattern. The owner of this car was from around south Orange County I believe.

-Dom

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #69
jhstealth

My Ride: 323is,740i(S),gt86
Coupld you pm me the cheapest price for matte black or satin black for an entire e46 coupe. Will also consider gloss black if cheaper. Thank you!

Last edited by jhstealth; 02-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.
jhstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #70
///Menace

My Ride: 03 AW M3
pmed you few days ago. can i get those quotes? thank you
///Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #71
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Didn't get a Pm.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #72
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this silver Corvette contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his T-top and roll hoop with my matte black vinyl material/finish. I don't get too many domestic cars coming by to get vinyl work done, so this was a nice change of pace. I personally think that the matte black top gave this car a clean look but also a more aggressive stance at the same time. Almost even made the car look longer, because the black was continuous from the front of the windshield to the back of the trunk/rear window now. The owner of this car was around south Orange County and came over to me to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #73
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Here is a silver TL type S that came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. He drove out from around the Inland Empire/Riverside area to me in Orange County to have it done. I really liked the way the roof turned out/looked on this car. A gloss black roof on a silver car gives the car a very clean, simple, and elegant look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #74
themadone

My Ride: BMW
Can this be used for the window trim?
themadone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #75
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I also do have window trim material that I can sell you.

-Don
Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #76
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I have people always asking me how well my material holds up over time and how long does it last. Well, here is a black MkV VW GTI that I did roughly 2 - 2.5 years ago. I vinyl wrapped the center section of his grill in my matte black vinyl material. This is as exposed to road debris and wear and tear as any wrap is going to get, being on the front of the bumper. There are some nicks here and there from sharp rock chips/hits, but nothing out of the ordinary that you wouldn't expect to see on a car's front bumper that's been daily driven for the last couple of years.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #77
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
I emailed you and never got a response , how can I contact you ?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #78
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

What is your e-mail.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #79
dissto

My Ride: 04 m3
Send a message via ICQ to dissto Send a message via MSN to dissto
wow you do excellent work. i hope i can do my roof as good.

2004 SMG ///M3, A08, SSR GT3 satin, ,ICONZ CSL Race Lip, V-CSL Trunk Lid, V-CSL Diffuser, Custom Made Full exhaust, tein s-techs... COMING SPRING 2013: Black BBS CH-R V-CSL Front Bumper, 3M Di-Noc Flat Carbon Fiber Roof, Side Gills, Mirror Caps....STAY TUBED for Updates..
dissto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #80
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
What is your e-mail.
my email is alonso6666@gmail.com
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote