E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
IL IN MI MN OH WI

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #521
///e46king

My Ride: e46 and mkIII
I'd be interested in the New Glarus plan. When I lived in Madison I did the brewery tour twice but haven't been back since they have expanded. ahh I miss wisco.
///e46king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #522
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///e46king View Post
I'd be interested in the New Glarus plan. When I lived in Madison I did the brewery tour twice but haven't been back since they have expanded. ahh I miss wisco.
^Where in the Wood do you live? I lived in Woodbury for 21 years before moving to Minnetonka for work.

We could drive down together!

PS, I did the tour last fall and it's awesome. There's no guide at all, you just get your beer of choice and walk around. They have tables outside and bag toss as well. The best part is that you also get a coupon for a free beer in the town as well. That and there are pretty nice roads around the area too.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 02-15-2012 at 10:54 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #523
///e46king

My Ride: e46 and mkIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
^Where in the Wood do you live? I lived in Woodbury for 21 years before moving to Minnetonka for work.

We could drive down together!

PS, I did the tour last fall and it's awesome. There's no guide at all, you just get your beer of choice and walk around. They have tables outside and bag toss as well. The best part is that you also get a coupon for a free beer in the town as well. That and there are pretty nice roads around the area too.
I live off of Valley Creek and Bielenberg and I actually work in Minnetonka right now. I'd be interested in the drive down and you are right, the roads are nice down near New Glarus. The tour sounds about the same as the last time I went except the free beer coupon. That's awesome! Also there is another cool brewery that has a little restaurant called Ale Asylum on the West side of Madison that would be work a stop.
///e46king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #524
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///e46king View Post
I live off of Valley Creek and Bielenberg and I actually work in Minnetonka right now. I'd be interested in the drive down and you are right, the roads are nice down near New Glarus. The tour sounds about the same as the last time I went except the free beer coupon. That's awesome! Also there is another cool brewery that has a little restaurant called Ale Asylum on the West side of Madison that would be work a stop.
Haha, how do you like that drive to tonka? Sucks doesn't it? I grew up in the colby lake area but moved over to Eagle Valley when my parents decided we needed larger house. Where do you work at over on the other side?

Should probably move this over to the Minneapolis thread huh.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #525
starkfu

My Ride: '05 M3 SMG
Sprecher is also my favorite - I almost had to boycott applebees when they stopped selling it!!

I'd be down for a tour this spring!!!
starkfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #526
Adam330i

My Ride: 03 M3
Hey WI fanatics!

I though I would share some pics to get us back in the spirit of the coming events we are going to schedule this summer!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	End of route lineup 9:17.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	440321   Click image for larger version

Name:	5-15 Front w: Halos and lights on.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	440322  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #527
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam330i View Post
Hey WI fanatics!

I though I would share some pics to get us back in the spirit of the coming events we are going to schedule this summer!

was just talking about how I'm not in a huge hurry to get mine going... You've now inspired me lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #528
Adam330i

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
was just talking about how I'm not in a huge hurry to get mine going... You've now inspired me lol

Nice! Get it running, we will have a big group that likes to cruise meeting up sometime in April hopefully.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #529
Anthony_FTW

My Ride: E39
The road rally is back!

In case you missed the fall road rally we are doing it again!

We are organizing a road rally/scenic drive in Wisconsin along one of the best roads and best kept secrets of the area - Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. We did this route in September it was bad ass.

See: http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/spe...kmscenicdrive/ for printable map of route.

So far we have 12 confirmed drivers that are 100% in for the rally and we are working on getting more.

We are meeting at the LaGrange General Store parking lot (highway 12 and county highway H, see map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...e&ved=0CA4Q_BI ).

Time: 8:30AM sharp.

It is 115mi long and ends at Elkhart Lake (Road America) so we can do as much or little of that route as the group is comfortable with. I'm planning on bringing motorola talk-abouts, if anyone else has two way radios please bring them so we can keep the pack organized (I'll also have my Valentine1 in session - game on!).

Email me at aniles04@gmail.com if you guys have any questions - I will not be checking this forum. I hope you all can join us. Anthony

Video from rally last fall:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PRN505?feature=mhee
Anthony_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #530
AreDubu

My Ride: 02 330 Convertible
rally

Sometime in April will work fo rme. Vert is getting some touchup done now. By the way, some guy that does coding wants to be in Brew city 4/7 doing coding. If anyone is interested pm me.
AreDubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #531
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Hopefully mine will be ready in about 2 weeks. If all goes well I'm in

Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #532
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
I did the Kettle Moraine drive with a group in the fall, its a really good drive. Lots of scenery, but not sure what your going to see up there now.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #533
krautuner

My Ride: 2001 325IT(sold)
Keep me posted on any local GTG's this year

krautuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #534
Anthony_FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_FTW View Post
In case you missed the fall road rally we are doing it again!

We are organizing a road rally/scenic drive in Wisconsin along one of the best roads and best kept secrets of the area - Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. We did this route in September it was bad ass.

See: http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/spe...kmscenicdrive/ for printable map of route.

So far we have 12 confirmed drivers that are 100% in for the rally and we are working on getting more.

We are meeting at the LaGrange General Store parking lot (highway 12 and county highway H, see map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...e&ved=0CA4Q_BI ).

Time: 8:30AM sharp.

It is 115mi long and ends at Elkhart Lake (Road America) so we can do as much or little of that route as the group is comfortable with. I'm planning on bringing motorola talk-abouts, if anyone else has two way radios please bring them so we can keep the pack organized (I'll also have my Valentine1 in session - game on!).

Email me at aniles04@gmail.com if you guys have any questions - I will not be checking this forum. I hope you all can join us. Anthony

Video from rally last fall:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PRN505?feature=mhee

I forgot to put the date, we are doing this on Saturday March 24th.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #535
SamDoe1

Quote:
Short notice...
Old 03-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #536
Anthony_FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
I did the Kettle Moraine drive with a group in the fall, its a really good drive. Lots of scenery, but not sure what your going to see up there now.
With the valentine 1 active I don't plan on seeing too much of any scenery very long - we're not exactly going to be doing the speed limit.

Although yeah, it is really nice up there with the elevation change and woods.

Last edited by Anthony_FTW; 03-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #537
Anthony_FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Short notice...
I know, sorry. Last time we planned it weeks in advance and some people forgot while others canceled out - you can't win timing these things.

The weather is once in a life time for March, we have a big group and there won't be bugs yet so everyone will leave with a clean car. Please join us.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #538
2002 silver m3

My Ride: 2002 silver m3
post me as a tenative yes
2002 silver m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #539
SamDoe1

Quote:
I know, sorry. Last time we planned it weeks in advance and some people forgot while others canceled out - you can't win timing these things.

The weather is once in a life time for March, we have a big group and there won't be bugs yet so everyone will leave with a clean car. Please join us.
No can do for this one.

I will be heading the opposite direction up to northern MN this weekend for a wedding reception. It is by far the worst drive of all time to get up there.

Let me know when you guys are ready to do a run to New Glarus one day!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #540
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
I won't be able to make this drive, I'll be en route to Milwaukee .
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote