E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 293 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #181
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecom32 View Post
Looking at Timll's website, it looks like they probably provided the OEM boards, which were probably built to spec. My guess is that a touchscreen controller was spec'd for the unit.

I'm a bit late to the party, but it seems there are some other boards that support touchscreens. (e.g. http://www.armkits.com/download/SBC2440-III_IV.pdf) It seems armkits.com is their English site, which has seemingly much more information. You could also try reaching out to them for info, as I'm sure the touch screen interface wasn't proprietary for Dynavin.
Based on following traces, the touchscreen controller feeds into the Toshiba microprocessor that has the proprietary Dynavin code running on it, then feeds the touchscreen info into the android board when the android side is selected, so it is a non standard way of doing it, and I don't have any experience with linux driver hacking, nor do I have any experience with touch screens to figure out how it is interfaced. If anyone here does, I can do some data dumps from ttyS1 and email them.

As for contacting them, be my guest, I've never gotten anything useful out of a Chinese company source code or driver wise that they didn't already freely provide. Laws in China mean that there is nothing stopping these companies from not abiding by the software licenses they built the software from. (I.E. GPL/Apache/etc)

I wish Jeff could/would put pressure on Dynavin to release this stuff.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

Last edited by jneumann; 02-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.
jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #182
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Blackstatus bar

Great job Jim. My Gingerbread Rom is at the same road block as yours. Im pretty happy with my latest build of Froyo so I might take a break from building a Gingerbread rom.

Ive made a lot of changes to my Rom mostly behind the scene stuff.

What I got now
-Black Statusbar

-New Icons and removed useless ones from the statusbar
-New default wallpaper
-Better Wifi connection
-GPS tweaks

currently testing
-auto scripts
-no more music skipping
-no more force close
-auto start your choice of apps on boot (gps, music,etc)
-more speed
-more ram via swap
-bluetooth
-maybe recovery
-red light and speed camera detector

I attached some screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M3EVOLUTION 1.png
Views:	181
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	439282   Click image for larger version

Name:	M3EVOLUTION 3.png
Views:	160
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	439283   Click image for larger version

Name:	M3EVOLUTION 6.png
Views:	190
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	439284   Click image for larger version

Name:	M3EVOLUTION 8.png
Views:	180
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	439285  

m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #183
Danoff

My Ride: '04 330i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Great job Jim. My Gingerbread Rom is at the same road block as yours. Im pretty happy with my latest build of Froyo so I might take a break from building a Gingerbread rom.

What I got now
-Black Statusbar
Oooooh
Danoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #184
Mr_ceee

My Ride: 330CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
According to various datasheets, yes. I assumed it was serial due to coming in on ttyS1 and because the stock kernel refrenced it as "input: Timll Serial TouchScreen as /devices/virtual/input/input0". I did not try the bus pirate in i2c mode, only serial. I honestly don't know a whole lot about i2c, I gave up where I did because I don't even know where to start in hacking together a touchscreen driver for it even if I could figure out what was being output on ttyS1. ttyS1 is the pin directly below the "8" where it says "Dynavin-GPS 100801" near the bottom of the board.

And yeah, I've googled my ass off looking for any indication of what the hell "Timll Serial TouchScreen" is. The only thing TimLL makes close to this that is touchscreen enabled is the Devkit8000, which uses a different touchscreen driver/interface.
If its coming on ttyS1 then it must be serial I guess. I bet they took the standard driver and bodged it to work with what they had and didn't change the defines and info strings. Unfortunately I havnt got any hardware yet so I can't help to investigate. Can you look at the uart registers to see what the baud rate dividers are set to? Or use stty if you have busy box to look at the uart config. Hopefully this should give you an idea of what you need to set your bus pirate to so that you can snoop the data.
Mr_ceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #185
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Hi M3

Any chance of putting it out to the public (i.e. ME)
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #186
jneumann

Quote:

What I got now
-Black Statusbar

-New default wallpaper
-Better Wifi connection
-GPS tweaks

currently testing
-auto scripts
-no more music skipping
-no more force close
-more speed
-more ram via swap
-bluetooth
-maybe recovery

Heh, I was just starting to dig into this, but I see you've already got it covered. Looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_ceee View Post
If its coming on ttyS1 then it must be serial I guess. I bet they took the standard driver and bodged it to work with what they had and didn't change the defines and info strings. Unfortunately I havnt got any hardware yet so I can't help to investigate. Can you look at the uart registers to see what the baud rate dividers are set to? Or use stty if you have busy box to look at the uart config. Hopefully this should give you an idea of what you need to set your bus pirate to so that you can snoop the data.
You make an excellent point. I'll look into that tonight, and if I get anywhere, I'll post a dump off ttyS1 if you want to dig through it, along with an i2c linux driver for the touchscreen controller I found.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

Old 02-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #187
ADBMW

My Ride: 04 330i
Quote:

What I got now
-Black Statusbar

-New default wallpaper
-Better Wifi connection
-GPS tweaks

currently testing
-auto scripts
-no more music skipping
-no more force close
-more speed
-more ram via swap
-bluetooth
-maybe recovery

When I downloaded the PowerAmp app I got terrible sound and seemed to corrupt alot of my music files. Even after deleting the app I still get alot of terrible sounding music downloads.
Any clue how to fix this? I never got this before PowerAmp download.
ADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #188
tasi333

My Ride: 330Ci Convertible
Quote:
Im pretty happy with my latest build of Froyo so I might take a break from building a Gingerbread rom.

What I got now
-Black Statusbar

Oh wow! Can't wait for your latest release!

2002 330 Cic Topaz Blue
VMR 701; Front 19x8.5et35 225/35; Rear 19x9.5et45 245/30 | Spacers: 15mm front; 12mm rear | Megan Racing Coil Overs | Short shifter | eBay Strut Bar | Angel Eyes | LED Tails | Dynavin (Droid) | Vanos | DISA

*My Car Thread (Pics & Mod details):
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=873246
tasi333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #189
03SMGM3

My Ride: 03 M3
Guys,
Been following the thread for awhile. i picked up a used D99 Android unit and the previous owner had rooted it and the whole works but didnt include his SD card. I cannot get the unit to reset to the factory Android baseload for the life of me. It force closes if i try and reset under the privacy settings, it force closes in the manage applications screen, etc. I have tried making the SD cards with the images and even the stock Dynavin one from their site but hte unit doesnt seem them and just boots up normally. Perhaps im a huge noob, but any help is appreciated.
03SMGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #190
jneumann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SMGM3 View Post
Guys,
Been following the thread for awhile. i picked up a used D99 Android unit and the previous owner had rooted it and the whole works but didnt include his SD card. I cannot get the unit to reset to the factory Android baseload for the life of me. It force closes if i try and reset under the privacy settings, it force closes in the manage applications screen, etc. I have tried making the SD cards with the images and even the stock Dynavin one from their site but hte unit doesnt seem them and just boots up normally. Perhaps im a huge noob, but any help is appreciated.

Wrong thread, but use easus partition manager to delete the partition on the sd card, create a new one, primary, fat32, then mark said partition as active, commit changes, copy the MLO file to the sd card FIRST, then the rest of the files.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #191
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Quote:

currently testing
-auto scripts
-no more music skipping
-no more force close
-more speed
-more ram via swap
-bluetooth
-maybe recovery
Great work, When you say more ram via swap do you mean you replaced the hardware?
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #192
jneumann

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Great work, When you say more ram via swap do you mean you replaced the hardware?
Swap file on the SD card probably. Much slower, but hopefully will help with randomly killed off apps due to low memory.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #193
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
Swap file on the SD card probably. Much slower, but hopefully will help with randomly killed off apps due to low memory.
Makes Sense.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #194
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
Quote:

What I got now
-Black Statusbar

-New default wallpaper
-Better Wifi connection
-GPS tweaks

currently testing
-auto scripts
-no more music skipping
-no more force close
-more speed
-more ram via swap
-bluetooth
-maybe recovery

I really need this in my life....what can I do to be HERE!
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #195
wshgrntd

My Ride: 2007 335i m-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooljam View Post
You install it, simple as that...I don't see the problem here. An Android version was released a while back by NavAndGo.
if thats the case where do I find it?
wshgrntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #196
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Quote:

What I got now
-Black Statusbar

-New default wallpaper
-Better Wifi connection
-GPS tweaks

currently testing
-auto scripts
-no more music skipping
-no more force close
-more speed
-more ram via swap
-bluetooth
-maybe recovery

Last edited by Ninety-9 SE-L; 03-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #197
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
Hi guys

I want to install the supercharger script and get problems saying "failed to mount system read/write" when I try to update to the new version of busybox, and if I try to run the script with the current verision I get errors when running the script. The system is rooted already. Any idea how do I fix this?

Followed the post (#29) about installing supercharger but stuck with this at the moment.

Last edited by Cretster; 03-03-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Cretster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #198
Cretster

On another note, I'm trying to get one of the custom rooted roms to stick on mine but the links posted to multiupload and http://jneumann.net/Baldr/ are not working any more.

Anyone know another location where I can grab them? Have googled but most stuff I've found just points back to here.
Keep trying to install and run various things mentioned in this thread (ie mostly the optimisation tips at the start of the thread) and constantly coming up against force closes with stuff not responding, or else denial due to no write access to the relevant folders from what I can see.

Have tried apps that deal with permissions but they don't seem to help at all. Did I read somewhere on here that by reinstalling the factory rom again it can solve issues like this or did I imagine that?!

Cheers

Last edited by Cretster; 03-04-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #199
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretster View Post
On another note, I'm trying to get one of the custom rooted roms to stick on mine but the links posted to multiupload and http://jneumann.net/Baldr/ are not working any more.

Anyone know another location where I can grab them? Have googled but most stuff I've found just points back to here.
Keep trying to install and run various things mentioned in this thread (ie mostly the optimisation tips at the start of the thread) and constantly coming up against force closes with stuff not responding, or else denial due to no write access to the relevant folders from what I can see.

Have tried apps that deal with permissions but they don't seem to help at all. Did I read somewhere on here that by reinstalling the factory rom again it can solve issues like this or did I imagine that?!

Cheers
Start from scratch, download the firmware update from the Dynavin site and work from there. I believe you were also having issues with bluetooth devices on the android side.

Ive found updating the firmware resolved my bluetooth issues and also the marketplace problems that i was having.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #200
Cretster

Cheers - oddly enough i did just try that but booting the dyna didnt cause it to reinstall the rom. It might be the card formatting as I'd had to use fat 32 as win7 doesnt give the fat 16 option.
I was using a microsd 8gb card as i didnt really want to mess with the supplied card but i guess maybe I'll have to use it.

No idea what rom is in the unit at present but its brand new so wouldnt it have shipped with the latest?
Really wanted to install rooted rom but the sites are down. Anyone have the files that they could possibly email me?

Thanks!