E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
Eric W

My Ride: 02 AA M3, 02 325ci
Soooooo excited about this
Not only does this prove that there is SIGNIFICANT gains to be had by tweaking an re-adjusting the vanos, but also the ability to make BIG power 1,000+whp on relatively little boost. This is awsome

Last edited by Eric W; 03-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Eric W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
d'ray18

My Ride: E90 335
Beast!!

2008 E90 335i
d'ray18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
Bmwandreas

My Ride: BMW:s
Who have told you that you wouldnīt gain anything? Sounds like something a guy that canīt control the vanos would say. You also have to control the vanos vs boost if you want the max spool.
Bmwandreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwandreas View Post
Who have told you that you wouldnīt gain anything? Sounds like something a guy that canīt control the vanos would say. You also have to control the vanos vs boost if you want the max spool.

btw Andreas check your messages

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
I'm controlling the Vanos on my car...I haven't seen any gains over stock. Just because you gain spool, doesn't mean you gain power. You could achieve the same thing by retarding the ignition to gain spool, but you lose power from the loss of timing. The stock V-Cam settings work VERY well when the stock ECU is happy enough to keep them maximized.
Jason@proefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #26
Bmwandreas

You must know more then me Tested it a could of hours ago and the difference are serveral hundred horsepowers at 5000 rpm with this turbo.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
M3PTGSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@proefi View Post
I'm controlling the Vanos on my car...I haven't seen any gains over stock. Just because you gain spool, doesn't mean you gain power. You could achieve the same thing by retarding the ignition to gain spool, but you lose power from the loss of timing. The stock V-Cam settings work VERY well when the stock ECU is happy enough to keep them maximized.
Well looks like he gained spool and didnt lose any power,that is good in my book

Again im not knocking on anybody i just like to learn from the best and get as much info as possible

07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
97-M3-
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #28
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Amazing. Nice job guys!!
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #29
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post
Well looks like he gained spool and didnt lose any power,that is good in my book

Again im not knocking on anybody i just like to learn from the best and get as much info as possible
How could you possibly know with one graph? If the cam timing was changed, and it lowered the boost...who's to say the power wouldn't be the same at less boost? Let's see that graph with the cam timing logged.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
Bmwandreas

You better loose your attitude, don't think you will gain any more custumers with all this wiseguy talk.
I don't have to show you any proof. I have just tuned the worlds most powerful m3e46, ok?

If someone want some info you could write me a pm.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #31
M3PTGSC

Quote:
How could you possibly know with one graph? If the cam timing was changed, and it lowered the boost...who's to say the power wouldn't be the same at less boost? Let's see that graph with the cam timing logged.
I just believe what he is saying,he was around US forums making big power with BMW's long before almost anybody else here and always been honest about his set up's. Also he is not trying to sell anything here so he has no reason to manipulate things

I respect your work and knowledge Jason but on the forums you come out as 'i know it all' 'i know the best' type of guy,i dont want to say arrogant but maybe thats just how it looks and how you write No disrespect meant

07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
97-M3-
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #32
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
You better loose your attitude, don't think you will gain any more custumers with all this wiseguy talk.
I don't have to show you any proof. I have just tuned the worlds most powerful m3e46, ok?

If someone want some info you could write me a pm.
Attitude? Wise guy? Whatever...LOL

I can show you proof...why? Because I have done the testing to show it. Not only with BMW's but with SEVERAL other platforms.

It's really easy to make statements and not back them up with data, but that doesn't fly with me. You can get by with that with the people who don't do this stuff or do the testing to prove their statements, but not with me. My testing disagrees with yours. So, if you want to back up your statements, then post proof...I did, why shouldn't you have to?

I encourage EVERYONE to do the testing themselves...don't take my word for it either. You just have to know how to do the testing properly, you can't start upsetting the stock ecu by removing sensors and expect it to run the cams in an optimal position. The cams move based on volume of air. They use this to optimize airflow through the engine on power demand. They ALSO use cam movement to reduce power when things aren't what they want.

1040 hub hp....your making about 50 more hp with an 82mm turbo than I make on my car with an 67mm turbo. All I have to do to beat that number is push a button!

Last edited by Jason@proefi; 03-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
faelar
Big Pimpin'

Quote:
I have plenty of friends! Maybe everyone here is happier believing whatever they are told...
Brand identity can be a problem for some people

The Swede's now posting on the forum may not be aware of the crap that has transpired here. It's not arrogance, but to some extent vindication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.

Last edited by faelar; 03-08-2012 at 01:28 PM.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #34
Bmwandreas

I think i have tuned over 400 pcs turbo bmw:s. Maybe it's nothing in the Us? I thought this was i nice forum, now i doubt it
See you on another forum
Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #35
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post
He was an engineer for AEM. Tuning a car is the same for any make and model if you understand the theory.

Someone who designs Engine Management Systems most likely learned engine theory a long time ago.. just saying. A good tuner doesn't see makes and models.. he just sees data.

Yes.. there is some chest thumping going on, but you Swede's need to understand you've come to this forum during a civil war of sorts.

You should already know us American's like to fight.
LMAO....this post get's the funniest post award for the month!

In all seriousness...no disrespect at all...

You HAVE to back things up with data. We have been down this road so many times.... people think because it's in writing (I.E. everything on any forums) that it's a fact. It just doesn't work that way. I can't tell you how many times people have posted something up as fact that couldn't be further from.

Last edited by Jason@proefi; 03-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
faelar
Big Pimpin'

Quote:
LMAO....this post get's the funniest post award for the month!
Well it's true haha.

If we wanted to have an intellectual discussion about what has happened to this sub-forum it could easily be described as a civil war.

You have a sub-forum where one group (HPF) have dominated the discussion for a long time. That has created a brand following. Chris should be applauded for this brand identity among his customers. The type of brand admiration HPF has enjoyed is something we PR people strive for but quite often don't manage to achieve.

Now another group (ProEFI/SAAD/SP) has come in and challenged the balance of power. It has caused ego's to clash, tempers to flare and people to take sides. This is normal human behavior. You would see the same kind of interaction at any street race or car meet.

Now you have a third group (Swedes) jumping into the middle of an already contested fight.

In the end, respect will be won on the track with time slips and videos. Eventually a clear front runner will emerge and that will shift the balance of power.

Will someone new come along and challenge the new balance of power? Nobody knows... and that's what makes this so exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #37
M3PTGSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post

Yes.. there is some chest thumping going on, but you Swede's need to understand you've come to this forum during a civil war of sorts.

You should already know us American's like to fight
This is sooo true!! lol Andreas you should stay around its gonna be a good year Its just like Faelar said there has been war going on on these forums for last couple months so everyone is lil jumpy

07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
97-M3-
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #38
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Jason,

Did you mention earlier in this thread that you're now controlling the cams? Or did I read it wrong?

--Marcus

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #39
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Jason,

Did you mention earlier in this thread that you're now controlling the cams? Or did I read it wrong?

--Marcus
Yes, I am, not because you need to, it's because it SEEMS that's what everyone wants. We are also taking control over the throttle as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #40
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Congrats!
SlideFox is offline   Reply With Quote