E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #41
faelar
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@proefi View Post
Yes, I am, not because you need to, it's because it SEEMS that's what everyone wants. We are also taking control over the throttle as well.
I still think removing VANOS would allow more power because you could then run larger valves and increase the lift on the cam.

VAC Motorpsorts determined VANOS will not function properly if you modify the cams or valves.

What I never see mentioned in these forums but is something I've been taught since my earliest days.. is that power is made in the heads. The heads are the most important part of an engine (mechanically speaking) I was always taught.

As far as I know, I'm the only person with a turbo E46 M3 that pursued a built head.. sad thing is I never got to use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.

Last edited by faelar; 03-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #42
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Yes, I am, not because you need to, it's because it SEEMS that's what everyone wants. We are also taking control over the throttle as well.
I want this.. for the same reason I wear Diesel boxer briefs instead of walmart whitey tighties.. noone sees them anyways, they both support my balls the same way .. I just feel alot better knowing I'm not wearing fruit of the loom whitey tighties.

Lets talk once my car is back together.. I really want this, and I know Trevor does as well on his Z4M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post
Not really no, because I believe he was taking ques from Chris. Chris admitted as much to me when we had a discussion about forums.

I sat there a listened to an entire conversation between Chris and Derek one time. I have my opinions on this matter and it is my opinion that Chris does attempt to try and manipulate the conversation on these forums through surrogates.

Whether those surrogates are intellectually capable of realizing that however I do not know. I even found myself being persuaded to comment in regards to AMGETR.
I'm speaking strictly from a customer stand point.. being a customer of HPF I do not like being lumped into a group with others, and I know many others on here would prefer not to be associated with certain customers of HPF as well.. so generalizing about HPF's customers as being this that or the other thing is pretty unfair.. especially being they have 100+ and this forum only represents about 10% of them.

Edit: Same goes for ProEFI customers.. which I am also...

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 03-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #43
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
I want this.. for the same reason I wear Diesel boxer briefs instead of walmart whitey tighties.. noone sees them anyways, they both support my balls the same way .. I just feel alot better knowing I'm not wearing fruit of the loom whitey tighties.
SlideFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #44
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwandreas View Post
Today i dynoed his M3 to 1046 whp at 30psi with the new Precision 8285R turbo 1.12 A/R H-cover. It would have put out some more with the GT42 cover and 1.28 A/R but there are no space for that
With some vanos tweaking it made 19 psi at 4800 rpm on third gear on the street so itīs not laggy at all
With stock vanos settings it had 19 psi at 5800 rpm

I also weighted it on my intercomp scales to 3740 lbs with driver. So the 4000 lbs was not on a correct scale.

9 sec runs this year?

Here are the dyno movie:
wow

looking foward to hearing about more on the wicked car, in this forum or others.

9 seconds would be, again raising the bar

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #45
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Good job Andreas, my old 76 made 940whp at 29psi (I run 34psi on the street sometimes) so were pretty close!
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #46
yellowssm

My Ride: 2005 M3
I thought you made 1100-1200 taza?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #47
yellowssm

Quote:
You better loose your attitude, don't think you will gain any more custumers with all this wiseguy talk.
I don't have to show you any proof. I have just tuned the worlds most powerful m3e46, ok?

If someone want some info you could write me a pm.

You kinda sound like you have a little attitude now also...

Quote:
Attitude? Wise guy? Whatever...LOL

I can show you proof...why? Because I have done the testing to show it. Not only with BMW's but with SEVERAL other platforms.

It's really easy to make statements and not back them up with data, but that doesn't fly with me. You can get by with that with the people who don't do this stuff or do the testing to prove their statements, but not with me. My testing disagrees with yours. So, if you want to back up your statements, then post proof...I did, why shouldn't you have to?

I encourage EVERYONE to do the testing themselves...don't take my word for it either. You just have to know how to do the testing properly, you can't start upsetting the stock ecu by removing sensors and expect it to run the cams in an optimal position. The cams move based on volume of air. They use this to optimize airflow through the engine on power demand. They ALSO use cam movement to reduce power when things aren't what they want.

1040 hub hp....your making about 50 more hp with an 82mm turbo than I make on my car with an 67mm turbo. All I have to do to beat that number is push a button!

DOOOOOO IIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #48
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm View Post
I thought you made 1100-1200 taza?
On dyno it was 940whp at 29psi, I can go another 5psi or so.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #49
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
You guys scared off a well known enthusiast that would only benefit us, not cool!

Last edited by MSpired; 03-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.
MSpired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #50
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
Nah, he must be used to some d*ck measuring contests when dealing with 1000hp cars.
It's great he joined the forum.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #51
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
Nah, he must be used to some d*ck measuring contests when dealing with 1000hp cars.
It's great he joined the forum.
The biggest problem is there's a dick measuring contest going on but noone's decided where you get to start measuring from.

I personally only care about the following:

6 Speed Manual (original getrag)
Within 100lbs of OEM weight
Video should accompany run with time slip
Must disclose tire/wheel setup..
Must be S54.. what you've done to it doesn't matter (supercharger vs turbo, nos, e85 vs c16, vanos, no vanos, stroked, etc)
Must be fully capable of driving to the track and back .. when/if I do set any records my car will be driven to the track and back. Thats just a personal thing for me though. Trailering it makes more sense being you might brake something but theoretically you should have no issues driving the car on the street.
Must be original IRS (modifications for strengthening is totally fine..)
Maximum sectional width of tire should be 10.5"

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 03-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #52
yellowssm

Quote:
The biggest problem is there's a dick measuring contest going on but noone's decided where you get to start measuring from.

I personally only care about the following:

6 Speed Manual (original getrag)
Within 100lbs of OEM weight
Video should accompany run with time slip
Must disclose tire/wheel setup..
Must be S54.. what you've done to it doesn't matter (supercharger vs turbo, nos, e85 vs c16, vanos, no vanos, stroked, etc)
Must be fully capable of driving to the track and back .. when/if I do set any records my car will be driven to the track and back. Thats just a personal thing for me though. Trailering it makes more sense being you might brake something but theoretically you should have no issues driving the car on the street.
Must be original IRS (modifications for strengthening is totally fine..)
Maximum sectional width of tire should be 10.5"
Welcome to race wars!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #53
faelar
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Must be fully capable of driving to the track and back .. when/if I do set any records my car will be driven to the track and back.
Just remember to have someone follow behind you with a trailer

If there is one thing I learned from drag racing.. you WILL break something. I got to where I could replace a U-joint in under 30 minutes lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #54
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post
Just remember to have someone follow behind you with a trailer

If there is one thing I learned from drag racing.. you WILL break something. I got to where I could replace a U-joint in under 30 minutes lol!
My track is a 3hr drive away so I'll definitely be required to bring a trailer.. its not even an option for me but i do plan on driving it there and back when possible.

New Build by Lab22

Old 03-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #55
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:

To convert to ft/lbs divide it with 1.356
SICK!!! well done
Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #56
Hobbit382

My Ride: 99-328i 00-323i
Quote:
You better loose your attitude, don't think you will gain any more custumers with all this wiseguy talk.
I don't have to show you any proof. I have just tuned the worlds most powerful m3e46, ok?

If someone want some info you could write me a pm.
Wow now who has the attitude?

Any time Jason post info he backs it up as you should.

Your the one with the wiseguy know it all attitude. "I don't have to prove anything, I just tuned the highest hp m3" wow. Besides I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 other s54 with higher hp then 1040.

Have a nice day.
Hobbit382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #57
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit382 View Post
Wow now who has the attitude?

Any time Jason post info he backs it up as you should.

Your the one with the wiseguy know it all attitude. "I don't have to prove anything, I just tuned the highest hp m3" wow. Besides I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 other s54 with higher hp then 1040.

Have a nice day.
That was provoked. Which Jason has apologized for. No more pot stirring.

New Build by Lab22

Old 03-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #58
Hobbit382

My Ride: 99-328i 00-323i
Quote:
That was provoked. Which Jason has apologized for. No more pot stirring.
Hobbit382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #59
pianoprodigy

My Ride: 13 GTR, 11 CTT, BMW
I think that if I sold my BMWs, I would still come and check in on these threads for the drama lol.
pianoprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #60
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Hi Andreas,
Thanks for posting the vid. That power curve is nice for that large of a turbo. I can't wait to see some drag runs with the new setup.

-Mike
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote