E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Ok, so I've been using iGo for a while now. It's a fantastic peice of software and I've ironed out most of my teething trouble. I've mostly fixed the responsiveness/speed issue by upgrading to a Class 10 SD card. This has made it loads more responsive.

I've only really got a few issues left, wondering if you guys could help out?

Distance to next action - at the moment I have the voice alerts set to Minimal and it only alerts me to a turn when I am 60 yards from it. Usually this is too late. If I change it to the middle option it isn't much better - about 100 yards - and if I go for 'Verbose' the damn thing doesnt shut up, which is too much.

All I really want to do is change it so that it alerts me 300 yards before an action and not 60 yards. I'd imagine I can do this with sys.txt, any ideas?

Secondly, speed cameras. I'm using the 'Dynavin Edition' of iGo 2.0 and the latest maps. The speed camera warnings, locations on maps, etc etc are all spot on. But instead of an audiable warning I get.. nothing. Something happens - the system mutes the radio volume momentarily when I get near a camera - but it doesn't actually play a sound. I've got alerts turned on at my chosen setting, 105% of speed limit.

Whats going on here? I don't mind not getting an audiable alert if I'm not speeding but if I'm not getting an alert I'd rather it didnt cut the radio volume as if its announcing something when infact its not. Any ideas?

Also, any way of getting more than 3 peices of information on the screen at once? I have time, arrival time and speed but I'd like distance to destination as well..
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote