E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #61
Mayo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, Ab
Posts: 297
My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
it's very odd being in a committed and loving relationship with someone you will never marry.
I am in one of these as well. Sometimes a little depressing when times are really good knowing it's gonna end. Of course the feeling is opposite during the bad times, but they seem to be less and less frequent these days.
__________________
TopasBlau 330Ci
M-Tech II || Borla Catback || Bilstein PSS || K&N CAI ||Shark Injected || eBay headers ||
DICE Silverline || Smoked LED Tails/Sidemarkers || Clear Corners || 18" x 8.5/9.5 Forgestar F14's on Kumho

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #62
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
I am in one of these as well. Sometimes a little depressing when times are really good knowing it's gonna end. Of course the feeling is opposite during the bad times, but they seem to be less and less frequent these days.
Are you open with this about your girls or do you just go about your relationship with them not knowing?

Maybe this is why I usually never date a girl unless I could see a future. I'm recently single so I wonder if I'll do something like you guys or just hold out until I meet a good chick.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #63
Mayo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, Ab
Posts: 297
My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Are you open with this about your girls or do you just go about your relationship with them not knowing?

Maybe this is why I usually never date a girl unless I could see a future. I'm recently single so I wonder if I'll do something like you guys or just hold out until I meet a good chick.
No but it's an interesting situation...

She is open to me that she never wants to get married. I am open to her that I want to get married, have kids ect. Although I know she is not the one to marry, I don't tell her this, so it's not really clear to her. My feeling is that if I make it clear to her that I don't think she is the one, it kind of turns the relationship into a ticking time bomb.

But I feel her getting closer every day and I often wonder if there might be a change of heart coming, which would call for an awkward situation.

Dyllos, the only reason I go through with this is because I know I will be relocating for work within the next year, so permanent attachment isn't the best option for me. But if you don't have a good reason to end it, I wouldn't recommend seriously dating a girl you can't see a future with. It can get pretty depressing knowing the end will come, have fun and wait for the right chick to come around would be my advice.
__________________
TopasBlau 330Ci
M-Tech II || Borla Catback || Bilstein PSS || K&N CAI ||Shark Injected || eBay headers ||
DICE Silverline || Smoked LED Tails/Sidemarkers || Clear Corners || 18" x 8.5/9.5 Forgestar F14's on Kumho


Last edited by Mayo; 03-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #64
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Exactly what I'm doing. I see potential girls that I could hang out with and stuff but part of me doesn't even want to deal with all the dating nonsense. I'm sure when I find a good girl I'll change though.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #65
norman_100390
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Torrance
Posts: 743
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Send a message via AIM to norman_100390
Hm...
__________________
310 South Bay Bimmers ADD US!!! http://www.facebook.com/groups/375597152458494/

Matte Kidney Grills, Matte Badge, Matte Crome Trim, M3 Front Bumper Conversion, HID Fog Lights 35w 6000k, BMW OEM 197 BBS RX 18', Bridgestone Potenza RFT 255/35REAR 225/35Front, Smoked Corner/Side Markers/LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tail, CCFL Angel Eyes , K&N Drop In, 35% Window Tint, Zenon Dome Lighting, Nitrogen Filled, Hertz Audio

Last edited by norman_100390; 07-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.
norman_100390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #66
JuicyE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Palmdale
Posts: 175
My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post
So i was at my cousins grad party and met this chick. Let's call her "W"

I was standing outside having a convo with my pops by his e90. Cousin comes out of the hall with a couple of her friends. Cousin goes oh is this your bimmer??? I replied and said nah... Mine is at home.

Then one of her girlfriends "w" jokingly asks : "ohhhh is this your bimmer? Bimmer bimmer bimmer " right after I answered my cousin. And I told her: haha no but mine was at home.

Party goes on and it's coming to the end. making my way around the hall saying my goodbyes. And "W" was next to my cousin as I was saying goodbye. She extends her hand and says oh btw my names "W" and again comments on the bimmer. So we shake hands and exchange names.

As I was standing around with some friends near the door "w" walks behind me sliding her hand across my lower back while sayin " oops hehe excuse me" and walks past me back into the room. Thinking nothing of if I too place my hand behind her back guiding her As she walks by.

Still standing by the door she comes back and starts talking to me for a short while. as I was cut off and had to drive home I extended my hand to say it was nice meeting you but she lunged forward with a hug.

I decided to add her at 1:30am and no more than 5 minutes later she added me

So now idk if I should message her or something!
Play it cool... She'll write to you.
__________________
1999 E46 323i
Photobucket
JuicyE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #67
SW222
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 658
My Ride: is silver and slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post

I decided to add her at 1:30am and no more than 5 minutes later she added me

So now idk if I should message her or something!
Obviously she was very interested in you, should've waited for her to add you first which she definitely would. You've lost the element of surprise and mystery.
Now, like a kid waiting anxiously to open his presents you are on your toes wondering if you should write to her. She sees the friend request as a sign of interest from you and hopefully she's genuine and won't toy with your head. You had the ball on your court from the beginning but you got too excited and lost it at the end. Hopefully you can get it back by not sending her hasty FB messages, let her initiate this time. Slow down and play it cool like you did in the beginning.
SW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #68
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post
So i was at my cousins grad party and met this chick. Let's call her "W"

I was standing outside having a convo with my pops by his e90. Cousin comes out of the hall with a couple of her friends. Cousin goes oh is this your bimmer??? I replied and said nah... Mine is at home.

Then one of her girlfriends "w" jokingly asks : "ohhhh is this your bimmer? Bimmer bimmer bimmer " right after I answered my cousin. And I told her: haha no but mine was at home.

Party goes on and it's coming to the end. making my way around the hall saying my goodbyes. And "W" was next to my cousin as I was saying goodbye. She extends her hand and says oh btw my names "W" and again comments on the bimmer. So we shake hands and exchange names.

As I was standing around with some friends near the door "w" walks behind me sliding her hand across my lower back while sayin " oops hehe excuse me" and walks past me back into the room. Thinking nothing of if I too place my hand behind her back guiding her As she walks by.

Still standing by the door she comes back and starts talking to me for a short while. as I was cut off and had to drive home I extended my hand to say it was nice meeting you but she lunged forward with a hug.

I decided to add her at 1:30am and no more than 5 minutes later she added me

So now idk if I should message her or something!
I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my next comment.














Is this your first interaction with a female?
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #69
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my next comment.














Is this your first interaction with a female?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #70
Mark M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 420
My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
I'm somewhat on the same wagon as Dylllos. A bit sick of the dating scene. The last six months being single have been a mixed bag. Sure it is fun to get out and hang with new women. But I also find it a bit defeating how few quality women are out there. Seems like all of them are s'lores.

Would love to find a woman of quality and character that challenges me a bit instead of the typical baggage ridden girl.
__________________
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #71
norman_100390
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Torrance
Posts: 743
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Send a message via AIM to norman_100390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I apologize if I hurt your feelings with my next comment.

Is this your first interaction with a female?
Nah it's not the first.
__________________
310 South Bay Bimmers ADD US!!! http://www.facebook.com/groups/375597152458494/

Matte Kidney Grills, Matte Badge, Matte Crome Trim, M3 Front Bumper Conversion, HID Fog Lights 35w 6000k, BMW OEM 197 BBS RX 18', Bridgestone Potenza RFT 255/35REAR 225/35Front, Smoked Corner/Side Markers/LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tail, CCFL Angel Eyes , K&N Drop In, 35% Window Tint, Zenon Dome Lighting, Nitrogen Filled, Hertz Audio
norman_100390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #72
norman_100390
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Torrance
Posts: 743
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Send a message via AIM to norman_100390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW222 View Post
Slow down and play it cool like you did in the beginning.
Point taken
__________________
310 South Bay Bimmers ADD US!!! http://www.facebook.com/groups/375597152458494/

Matte Kidney Grills, Matte Badge, Matte Crome Trim, M3 Front Bumper Conversion, HID Fog Lights 35w 6000k, BMW OEM 197 BBS RX 18', Bridgestone Potenza RFT 255/35REAR 225/35Front, Smoked Corner/Side Markers/LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tail, CCFL Angel Eyes , K&N Drop In, 35% Window Tint, Zenon Dome Lighting, Nitrogen Filled, Hertz Audio
norman_100390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #73
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_100390 View Post
So i was at my cousins grad party and met this chick. Let's call her "W"

I was standing outside having a convo with my pops by his e90. Cousin comes out of the hall with a couple of her friends. Cousin goes oh is this your bimmer??? I replied and said nah... Mine is at home.

Then one of her girlfriends "w" jokingly asks : "ohhhh is this your bimmer? Bimmer bimmer bimmer " right after I answered my cousin. And I told her: haha no but mine was at home.

Party goes on and it's coming to the end. making my way around the hall saying my goodbyes. And "W" was next to my cousin as I was saying goodbye. She extends her hand and says oh btw my names "W" and again comments on the bimmer. So we shake hands and exchange names.

As I was standing around with some friends near the door "w" walks behind me sliding her hand across my lower back while sayin " oops hehe excuse me" and walks past me back into the room. Thinking nothing of if I too place my hand behind her back guiding her As she walks by.

Still standing by the door she comes back and starts talking to me for a short while. as I was cut off and had to drive home I extended my hand to say it was nice meeting you but she lunged forward with a hug.

I decided to add her at 1:30am and no more than 5 minutes later she added me

So now idk if I should message her or something!
Put it this way. How many other guys do you think she's "added" on FB and then immediately gotten a message from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I'm somewhat on the same wagon as Dylllos. A bit sick of the dating scene. The last six months being single have been a mixed bag. Sure it is fun to get out and hang with new women. But I also find it a bit defeating how few quality women are out there. Seems like all of them are s'lores.

Would love to find a woman of quality and character that challenges me a bit instead of the typical baggage ridden girl.
Where are you guys looking?
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #74
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
From what you've said, she gave you at least 2 indicators of interest. When that happens, you MUST number close it there or you'll forever be thought as weak to her.

Edit: ^ for Facebook pimp.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-02-2012 at 02:12 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #75
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,024
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Buttsexors is not as good as advertised.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #76
Mark M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 420
My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
"Where are you guys looking?"

I'm 36 and sit in an office all day, I have a small group of good friends but no real circle to help me branch out and meet quality women. I've tried the online thing and thats where I seem to be meeting all these s'lores.

Heck, I even got burnt this past week by the ex. After 6 months apart we spent 4 nights together, she was sending mixed signals but I thought there could be a chance things might reignite. Then two days later she goes home with another guy from the bar while her daughter is at a sleepover. And to think at one point I thought she was a girl of character. Even she is a s'lore. Thankfully that should make it much easier for me to not look back on her anymore.

I think that is part of the reason I am numb about dating....I'm really looking for quality.....not looking for another lame empty hookup.
__________________
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #77
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Mark, time minimizes the amount of quality candidates. With your age, you're going to land a slvt majority of the time. If you truly want to land better, you have to increase your game, even if you have a good game, you have to perfect it. The good ones aren't typically accustomed to the 'game' so you have to improvise.

Pick out the weakest part of your game, and start working on it. Most your age let their age dictate their marital status. They feel it's a race, and time is running out. Women can sense urgency, and the wrong ones seem to like it.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #78
Mark M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 420
My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Hey Collin, I see your point and I would agree you might be right. My age is definitely working against me and it might also make me appear urgent. Catch is, yes I am, but not in a 'needy' sense. I'm at that point where I know who I am and what I want. I have my life in order and don't have any vices. Am I cool with being single? Yes. Do I like it? No. I'm ready for more.
__________________
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #79
speedcrazy1532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 721
My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
"Where are you guys looking?"

I'm 36 and sit in an office all day, I have a small group of good friends but no real circle to help me branch out and meet quality women. I've tried the online thing and thats where I seem to be meeting all these s'lores.

Heck, I even got burnt this past week by the ex. After 6 months apart we spent 4 nights together, she was sending mixed signals but I thought there could be a chance things might reignite. Then two days later she goes home with another guy from the bar while her daughter is at a sleepover. And to think at one point I thought she was a girl of character. Even she is a s'lore. Thankfully that should make it much easier for me to not look back on her anymore.

I think that is part of the reason I am numb about dating....I'm really looking for quality.....not looking for another lame empty hookup.
Well, then you need to stop relying on your friends to find a relationship. Are you the kind of person that can walk up to someone and just strike up a conversation?
__________________

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #80
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
"Where are you guys looking?"

I'm 36 and sit in an office all day, I have a small group of good friends but no real circle to help me branch out and meet quality women. I've tried the online thing and thats where I seem to be meeting all these s'lores.

Heck, I even got burnt this past week by the ex. After 6 months apart we spent 4 nights together, she was sending mixed signals but I thought there could be a chance things might reignite. Then two days later she goes home with another guy from the bar while her daughter is at a sleepover. And to think at one point I thought she was a girl of character. Even she is a s'lore. Thankfully that should make it much easier for me to not look back on her anymore.

I think that is part of the reason I am numb about dating....I'm really looking for quality.....not looking for another lame empty hookup.
www.meetup.com

It's not a dating site. Worst case scenario you might end up making some new friends. However, such events are typically great ice breakers.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use