E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #901
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
I'm unsure whether they are working on adding the feature as I have only seen in the dynavin version for twice the price of this unit
I know...but they have announced capacitive screen themselves...and for OBD, well, after all the trouble they went through to make this unit, I don't think it would be SUCH a complicated addition/upgrade. plus they have to explain $50 higher price.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 03-20-2012 at 01:37 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #902
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
Just saw this thread.. dropped Jolly an email. Wanted a Dynavin for years now.. just couldn't justify it. THIS.. I can justify.

Save me 44 pages of reading (sorry to be that guy)

Should I bother with the SD card? are the maps available as a download? Can I buy a huge card and rather than IPod.. store my music there/play from there?

Did I hear a group buy???
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #903
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Just saw this thread.. dropped Jolly an email. Wanted a Dynavin for years now.. just couldn't justify it. THIS.. I can justify.

Save me 44 pages of reading (sorry to be that guy)

Should I bother with the SD card? are the maps available as a download? Can I buy a huge card and rather than IPod.. store my music there/play from there?

Did I hear a group buy???
i think its worth it so you have a working gps out of the box, if you dont get it you have to purchase a Micro sd card plus get the igo app and maps from torrent sites so 10 buck is worth the effort if you wana be up and runing when the box arrives.
as for the rear view camera, i think for 40 you can get wireless camera on ebay so i didnt bother also Audiovox CMOS2 cameral looks like a good alternative.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #904
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
btw i dont think the gps sd card support high capacity memory cards, 2Gb might be the max.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #905
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
You can get iGo on the web and buy your own SD card. Mine came with a 4gb SD card with iGo preloaded. I replaced that iGo with an international version posted on this forum that has more features (different voices, skins, etc. and it loads up with the BMW logo).

There's USB access to play music if you want to go that route.

Because of popular demand in that they sellout rather quickly, no group but is offered right now.

Last edited by sackz23; 03-20-2012 at 04:56 PM.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #906
Keith Billanti

Thanks for the answers guys... USB doesn't help... I'd rather just SD card my whole library... lol... though, if I can Bluetooth to an iPhone, I suppose that works too.

Assuming vid plays from IPhone/IPad... it's been a while since I have had an interest... Hopefully Jolly will get back at me while this is hot on my mind...

the reason why I never got Dynavin (in addition to price) was that every time I was all moist over it- it was out of stock...
Old 03-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #907
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by COM398 View Post
guys

BMW Android map doanload link:

http://depositfiles.com/files/8avuxkgs5

Include Canada HongKong Mexico North America Android gps map.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szenco View Post
please download the file to install it...

http://depositfiles.com/files/mhw2opt8w

3.6 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackz23 View Post
You can get iGo on the web and buy your own SD card. Mine came with a 4gb SD card with iGo preloaded. I replaced that iGo with an international version posted on this forum that has more features (different voices, skins, etc. and it loads up with the BMW logo).

There's USB access to play music if you want to go that route.

Because of popular demand in that they sellout rather quickly, no group but is offered right now.
Do you think you can put the link of where to get the updated iGo version? and is this only for android? Cuz I purchased the WinCE. Only found the following links in this thread.

Thanks in advanced,

Wick
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #908
sackz23

This is for WinCE!

You can find iGo Primo 2.0 version here with updated USA maps in English: http://dynavin.freeforums.org/igo-pr...012-t1101.html

It was made for Dynavin, but it works flawlessly on our clones. You need to make an account to get the download link to rapidshare. The file is about 1.7GB so be patient.

If you use it, please THANK the creator: kkkkk

Last edited by sackz23; 03-20-2012 at 09:40 PM.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #909
Keith Billanti

Nothing from Jolly yet

cooling off... lol...
Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #910
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackz23 View Post
This is for WinCE!

You can find iGo Primo 2.0 version here with updated USA maps in English: http://dynavin.freeforums.org/igo-pr...012-t1101.html

It was made for Dynavin, but it works flawlessly on our clones. You need to make an account to get the download link to rapidshare. The file is about 1.7GB so be patient.

If you use it, please THANK the creator: kkkkk

Thank you very much sir, you are my hero - no ****
and I will remember to Thank the person.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #911
Wickedly

Quote:
Nothing from Jolly yet

cooling off... lol...
Keith,

Jolly will only answer me around 1 or 2 am and I will go sleep. You gotta realize that over they, is not even 5 am yet I think. When we awake, they are sleeping. I always email her during the night after work and by the time I wake up , I always had an answer from her. She is extremly nice and be patient towards her english.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #912
kvinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedly View Post
keith,

jolly will only answer me around 1 or 2 am and i will go sleep. You gotta realize that over they, is not even 5 am yet i think. When we awake, they are sleeping. I always email her during the night after work and by the time i wake up , i always had an answer from her. She is extremly nice and be patient towards her english.
+1
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #913
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
I just received mine. Will install once the hvac relocation unit gets here and report back.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #914
Keith Billanti

We emailed back and forth around 10pm last night. She is nice. But I have an issue.

price for western union=420.00 shipped.

Price for PAYPAL= 450 shipped.

Okay.. that's closer to 10%, not 5%, for PAYPAL...... oh wait.... she then in the next email says 468 is the total price including PAYPAL charges...

Why do I have to be gouged like this for using PAYPAL? 48$ premium over using western union is ridiculous. I was willing to pay the 450$, but there's principalities involved, smokey...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #915
Ionkontrol

My Ride: 318CI SE Coupe
"Why do I have to be gouged like this for using PAYPAL?"

Pay by Wester Union or take it on the chin. Simple. Or buy the Dynavin.
Ionkontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #916
Keith Billanti

Nope. I'm the customer. I am foolishly willing to pay $450.00. Not a penny more. And I don't know western union from eastern union. I have PAYPAL and if they want to sell a unit, they know where to find me. Otherwise.. business CD it is. this was an impulse buy anyway.. saves me the explanation to the wife.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #917
ATACINC

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to ATACINC Send a message via Skype™ to ATACINC
Well just wanted to share that I got some tracking numbers from Jolly this morning 1 is mine and the elongs to another Canadian. Western Union $420 to my front door.
Here is the tracking number:

3419521534 by DHL.

3419521582 by DHL.

These two numbers are shipped in same day and also to Canada.
ATACINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #918
kvinal

Quote:
Nope. I'm the customer. I am foolishly willing to pay $450.00. Not a penny more. And I don't know western union from eastern union. I have PAYPAL and if they want to sell a unit, they know where to find me. Otherwise.. business CD it is. this was an impulse buy anyway.. saves me the explanation to the wife.
So dont buy it and quite cryin. Plenty of ppl have ordered it via western union. If u want it they say the price. You dont walk into walmart telling them to change the price. You buy or dont.Enough said!
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #919
brontosaurus

My Ride: 2002 330i 5mt
Quote:
If you can't afford an extra $48 you probably ought to just sell your car and spend the proceeds on Kleenex. QQ more

Last edited by brontosaurus; 03-21-2012 at 01:46 PM.
brontosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #920
Keith Billanti

Afford? ha.

I'm not a sucker. Nice to know you guys are. Why should I pay some ridiculous fee for using PAYPAL? I agreed to pay the PAYPAL fee.. but to add something on top of that?

Pretty ignorant responses guys... then again.. that's what happens when property values go down.... ignorance can now afford what was once a premium. Bravo.