E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #961
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
I had that same problem with the iGo that was included in mine, it worked sporadically. Eventually it began to give me errors about missing files on startup. I switched to the international version (Primo 2.0) and it's working fine now.

That's my suggestion.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #962
eu teo

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sackz23 View Post
I had that same problem with the iGo that was included in mine, it worked sporadically. Eventually it began to give me errors about missing files on startup. I switched to the international version (Primo 2.0) and it's working fine now.

That's my suggestion.
How do i do that?

i really need to get this fixed because its really getting on my nerves :/
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #963
sackz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu teo View Post
How do i do that?

i really need to get this fixed because its really getting on my nerves :/
Here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=925
Old 03-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #964
e40Blitz

My Ride: 99 nissan altima
I want this but need the WiFi to work so I can tether from my rooted sensation!!...id be able to take full advantage of the android side of things!!....

And where do u get the HVAC relocation kit?....eBay?...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Bimmer App
e40Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #965
Mr_ceee

My Ride: 330CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwomgdj View Post
It is a software defect itself,the issue isn't WIFI stick..
They are having trouble with the built in wifi. I wonder if they have decided to provide a wifi USB stick now instead like the dynavin?
Mr_ceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #966
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_ceee View Post
They are having trouble with the built in wifi. I wonder if they have decided to provide a wifi USB stick now instead like the dynavin?
pls contact Mr. Charles,he can give you good solution ....
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #967
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
I've read through the thread and watched the videos posted, I must say the interface looks really great, much better than the D90 Dynavin I currently have. And due to some of the shortcomings of the D90 Dynavin, I'm thinking of switching over to the B146 WinCE version. I do however but have a couple of questions (sorry if some have been answered, I might have missed it)

1. Does bluetooth streaming continue to function when you switch to NAV for the WinCE version?

2. Do the steering controls work while in NAV? (Track up/down, volume)

3. Is there an ipod resume function (ipod will resume last song played after getting a call or turning the radio off)? Any noises while using ipod mode?

4. Does bluetooth continue to stream music even after selecting reverse? I currently have a rear camera and in my D90, bluetooth streaming resumes as soon as you get out of reverse. I've read the D99 thread and it appears that bluetooth does not resume after using reverse

5. controls - what does pushing the left knob do? what about the right knob? Is there a subwoofer level control?

6. Volume level - is it the same for all the sources? In my Dynavin, the radio tuner is way louder than the rest of the sources. It's really annoying.

Last edited by robin325ci; 03-22-2012 at 05:50 AM.
robin325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #968
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker42 View Post
I just discovered this kick ass feature through "User CP"... Go to "edit ignore list" You can filter out the bull ****!

I love it, ha ha ha!!!!! Try it out Wickedly, bmwomgdj and any others tired of seeing the stupid **** in this thread,,,

Have a good one,
+1
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #969
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
SWeet!! Now I dont have to read posts from people with lower intelligence than is required for the internet.
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #970
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
SWeet!! Now I dont have to read posts from people with lower intelligence than is required for the internet.
No value added... You're obviously not going to purchase one of these units. Why don't you just move on and stop bloating this thread with noise.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #971
Keith Billanti

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA, NEWBS. WHY DONT YOU ALL STOP TRYING TO BE THE INTERNET POLICE! I have been on this site since 2003. Just because you found a great deal on an old shitbox 323 and stumbled in here does not give you any right to throw nonsense my way.

I HAVE purchased one. As if it was your business. If you dont like what I have to say, follow the user CP directions above! Youll never have to read my nonsense again!

CHEERS!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #972
brontosaurus

My Ride: 2002 330i 5mt
brontosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #973
Keith Billanti

Stalker, eh'?

I look pretty damn good, dont I?

and considering I MADE that suit? You mock me? haha. K.

My kids sure love it.

You got me. Keep em coming.. shows who the trolls are
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #974
eu teo

My Ride: 325xi
can we please stop this and just lets figure out how to make best of this product, please.
dont matter if you have a 1999 e46 full of rust or an original CSL e46 lets all respect each other cuz this is a e46fanatic forum and all e46 should be welcome. and help each other out with our cars.

thanks
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #975
Keith Billanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu teo View Post
can we please stop this and just lets figure out how to make best of this product, please.
dont matter if you have a 1999 e46 full of rust or an original CSL e46 lets all respect each other cuz this is a e46fanatic forum and all e46 should be welcome. and help each other out with our cars.

thanks
Well said. Finally, someone worthy of the roundell.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #976
mattthecoxcomb

My Ride: 2005 325i
Bump!

These are great questions. Also, some of mine from last week remain unanswered. Of particular interest is:

1. All things being equal, how is the sound quality running B146 through OEM (non-HK) speakers as compared to BMW Business CD?

2. Bluetooth phonebook functionality--can a paired device's phonebook be accessed through the GUI on the B146 and the steering wheel controls? Some users seem to have indicated that when placing a call, the number must be dialed using the touchpad in the GUI on the B146 or, alternatively, using the paired phone itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin325ci View Post

1. Does bluetooth streaming continue to function when you switch to NAV for the WinCE version?

2. Do the steering controls work while in NAV? (Track up/down, volume)

3. Is there an ipod resume function (ipod will resume last song played after getting a call or turning the radio off)? Any noises while using ipod mode?

4. Does bluetooth continue to stream music even after selecting reverse? I currently have a rear camera and in my D90, bluetooth streaming resumes as soon as you get out of reverse. I've read the D99 thread and it appears that bluetooth does not resume after using reverse

5. controls - what does pushing the left knob do? what about the right knob? Is there a subwoofer level control?

6. Volume level - is it the same for all the sources? In my Dynavin, the radio tuner is way louder than the rest of the sources. It's really annoying.
It would be really great to see some answers/thoughts from members who have already received and installed theirs.

On that note, and with respect to policing others' posts: we are all here to learn from and share in the collective wealth of information offered through the forum. One may disagree with or even choose to ignore the comments of another member. But when any member is made to feel that his or her comments are unwelcome, it undermines the forum's role as a repository of knowledge. Every experience, rumination, DIY, or gripe that is relevant to these cars (and associated products) is entitled to expression here--indeed, it should almost be obligatory because some other member could learn something from it.

It's also useful for vendors on the forum to be informed about the wants of their customer base. In this particular case, the folks selling these Enco head units should know that many customers would prefer to use an alternate and arguably more modern and mainstream payment method without paying some kind of penalty. If the lack an alternate method dissuades JUST one perspective buyer, costing them a SINGLE sale, they need to be aware of it. It's good business.
mattthecoxcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #977
Keith Billanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthecoxcomb View Post
Bump!

These are great questions. Also, some of mine from last week remain unanswered. Of particular interest is:

1. All things being equal, how is the sound quality running B146 through OEM (non-HK) speakers as compared to BMW Business CD?

2. Bluetooth phonebook functionality--can a paired device's phonebook be accessed through the GUI on the B146 and the steering wheel controls? Some users seem to have indicated that when placing a call, the number must be dialed using the touchpad in the GUI on the B146 or, alternatively, using the paired phone itself.

It would be really great to see some answers/thoughts from members who have already received and installed theirs.

On that note, and with respect to policing others' posts: we are all here to learn from and share in the collective wealth of information offered through the forum. One may disagree with or even choose to ignore the comments of another member. But when any member is made to feel that his or her comments are unwelcome, it undermines the forum's role as a repository of knowledge. Every experience, rumination, DIY, or gripe that is relevant to these cars (and associated products) is entitled to expression here--indeed, it should almost be obligatory because some other member could learn something from it.

It's also useful for vendors on the forum to be informed about the wants of their customer base. In this particular case, the folks selling these Enco head units should know that many customers would prefer to use an alternate and arguably more modern and mainstream payment method without paying some kind of penalty. If the lack an alternate method dissuades JUST one perspective buyer, costing them a SINGLE sale, they need to be aware of it. It's good business.

Thats my point exactly. Well said.

We are all supposed to be brothers here. Respect each other.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #978
sackz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthecoxcomb View Post
Bump!

OK, i"ll try my best to answer these questions.

1. Sound quality is very good compared to business CD. I do hear some very faint crackles and hiss (could be my gains) when no music is playing and nothing once the music starts.

2. From my experience, once the phone connects via bluetooth it will load all your contacts onto the unit and you can choose using the screen. I have not attempted to use steering controls in this mode.

3. Bluetooth functions while in NAV and you can use steering controls while in NAV as well.

4. Music will resume after getting a call. Of course, I was not using the iPhone to play and music and receive a call. But I would assume it would be the same.

5. I cannot answer about the reverse camera at this time.

6. Pushing the left button will turn off the unit. Can't remember what pushing the right one does (IIRC nothing). In settings -> sounds -> subwoofer control. It's very basic, but you can raise or lower the bass and the subwoofer separately.

7. Seems like the radio tuner is louder to me, but it really doesnt matter to me.

Best I could do for now.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #979
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Well sackz... That works for me. Thanks for the quick review. One other question. Does it display RDS like the OEM system? It's not a deal breaker, but I'm curious.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #980
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
it does show rds informationm,but in very samall font on top right of screen which is a bummer hard to read it .pushing the left button will display bass,treble,etc... so easier than going to sound settings,holding it down for 2 seconds turns off radio.yes the phonebook is available and no you do not have to type the number to dial.either find name in phonebook or touch the incoming,outgoing or missed call log on radio and touch name or number you want and touch dial button.my complaint is that randomly at startup it does not start at screen left when turning off car,and i would upgrade nav to 2.0 like everyone else does for up to date maps and p.o.is.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote