E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #981
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
Well sackz... That works for me. Thanks for the quick review. One other question. Does it display RDS like the OEM system? It's not a deal breaker, but I'm curious.
Yes, it displays RDS although it's not very good IMO. Letters are small and the scrolling sometimes overlaps.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #982
Bimmerphile

My Ride: 02 M3 SG/IR
Can someone please explain the difference between getting the HVAC replacement kit, and just doing it without the kit? Possibly with pictures to explain? I am considering buying this but $80 for the kit is a deal-breaker. Thanks guys.
Bimmerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #983
tonycajjo

My Ride: 2006 330Ci
Capacitive screen

Saw a post which mentioned an updated unit, one with Capacitive screen. (i'd imagine a higer resolution as well)

well, i'll be following this as i'm very intrested in a unit... not sure which but if one with Capacitive screen is comming out that would be great.

wonder how long???
tonycajjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #984
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerphile View Post
Can someone please explain the difference between getting the HVAC replacement kit, and just doing it without the kit? Possibly with pictures to explain? I am considering buying this but $80 for the kit is a deal-breaker. Thanks guys.
you dont really need the bracket. the bracket gives you the curves to match the bottom corners of the the cliemt control unit so its more of a finish then anything, you can just remove the sunglass holder and put the cliemt control in its place...
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #985
fuzioneer

My Ride: BMW 330ci
I have the B046 installed in my UK BMW 330ci, I do have a few issues though

1. Sat Nav doesn't work, initially iGo wasn't installed so being a novice i clicked the Navigation Icon in Android which came up with a message that hangs about "checking gps co-ordinates", I finally found the file browser app and accessed the sd card (supplied from manufacturer) and found the iGo.apk file, clicked on and installed this, but now when i click on the iGo icon the app starts and comes up with a message about "program database missing" or similar, I am assuming it is looking for maps or something ? Has anyone else had this issue ? What files are supposed to be on the Maps SD Card (Mine has a folder called iGO and a LOST.DIR Folder and an Android Folder)

2. How do you access Android buttons for Menu and Back within the Android interface ?

3. How do you access the contents of a USB Key plugged in via the supplied converter USB to Mini SD Cable within the Android interface ?
fuzioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #986
fuzioneer

ah a bit of Googling mentions editing the sys.txt file, how do i do this on the SD Card ?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #987
fuzioneer

another aspect is the screen on mine appears slightly misaligned i.e. when i bring up the Android interface the text goes ever so slightly off the screen to the left and the Home icon is very hard to press on the top left of the screen, anyone else noticed this ?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #988
kvinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46iT View Post
you dont really need the bracket. the bracket gives you the curves to match the bottom corners of the the cliemt control unit so its more of a finish then anything, you can just remove the sunglass holder and put the cliemt control in its place...
Mine without the kit the hvac controls didn't quite "lock" in place. The bracket made it look perfect. Do it without the bracket and if u want it later u can get it. To install later u won't have to remove stereo because it totally separate from that part.
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #989
sackz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
mine without the kit the hvac controls didn't quite "lock" in place. The bracket made it look perfect. Do it without the bracket and if u want it later u can get it. To install later u won't have to remove stereo because it totally separate from that part.
+1
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #990
kvinal

But if your a perfectionist like most us BMW guys u will end up buying it lol. Or rigging something because not clipped in drove me nuts!
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #991
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
But if your a perfectionist like most us BMW guys u will end up buying it lol. Or rigging something because not clipped in drove me nuts!
+1 I already bought mine
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #992
E46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzioneer View Post
ah a bit of Googling mentions editing the sys.txt file, how do i do this on the SD Card ?
remove sd card from head unit, instert it to you laptop or PC using a micro sd to SD card adapter, browse to the file location and edit the file you want.
also do a backup of the entire gps micro sd card before you make any changes in case.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #993
E46iT

i sent payment via WU on modnay am, they confirmed @ pm my payment was revceived, emaill jolly yestureday and she advised me that mine wont be shipped out yet as there are other orders in front. so i guess either they build to order or demand is high.
so if they say to you you have it within 2-3 days after payment is bologny.
based on the feedback here i think mine is another week away from being shipped.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #994
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46iT View Post
i sent payment via WU on modnay am, they confirmed @ pm my payment was revceived, emaill jolly yestureday and she advised me that mine wont be shipped out yet as there are other orders in front. so i guess either they build to order or demand is high.
so if they say to you you have it within 2-3 days after payment is bologny.
based on the feedback here i think mine is another week away from being shipped.
Thats right, I send my payment Monday morning too and I didn't receive a tracking number till Tuesday of this week and I just check the tracking number and is going to be deliver today around 4-5pm so I'm really excited!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #995
eu teo

My Ride: 325xi
The demand is really high it took me about 2 and a half weeks to get mine (wince) after i sent the payment. they are selling alot of these units but now that i got it im happy just GPS sometimes it dont work and its really annoying but im in the process of downloading iGo Primo 2.0 so hopefully that would fix it.
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #996
eu teo

But overall the unit is great and for the price im not complaining this is the best alternative to the Dynavin
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #997
E46iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu teo View Post
The demand is really high it took me about 2 and a half weeks to get mine (wince) after i sent the payment. they are selling alot of these units but now that i got it im happy just GPS sometimes it dont work and its really annoying but im in the process of downloading iGo Primo 2.0 so hopefully that would fix it.
i have already downloaded the igo primo 2.0 and dvnus20bmwbasic, so once the unit is in im good to go for gps....
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #998
Wickedly

Mine seems to going to take about 2 weeks from where I order but I think is worth the wait, and I had enough time to do the research for installation and get all the parts . I already download the iGo 2.0 I'm all set!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #999
Wickedly

Package is here!!!! Time to explore
Old 03-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #1000
eu teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Package is here!!!! Time to explore