E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #1021
fuzioneer

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Got my Sat Nav working

iGo seems a bit convoluted to search for a UK Postcode though, does anyone have a user manual for planning a route, or can detail steps needed to create a route based on a postcode (or zip code for you USA guys ) ?

Secondly is there any way of listing music in iPod mode in Album format not just a long list of all the individual tracks ?
fuzioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #1022
fuzioneer

oh and did anyone else have issues getting a USB cable into either of the rear USB Connectors ?

I got them in but they were preventing me pushing the unit fully into housing so left them loose until I could figure out how to get around it !
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #1023
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Hey fish, where you got the USB things for picture 3.
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1024
eu teo

My Ride: 325xi
Ok so I installed the iGo 2.0 and I hit the turn off bottom thinking it wold exit the igo but now this shows up when I press the navi button:/ any ideas? I tried puling the maps sd card but no difference

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1332770272439.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	443675

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
eu teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #1025
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW View Post
I have researched about this as igo maps are not available for the Philippines so I have no other choice but to look for an alternative. The Dynavin seems to be ok with other like Papago and Garmin Xt etc. As long as they cn run on winCE, they should run on the enco too. This also goes for all chinese made gps. Try searching on GPSunderground.
Pare pm me your email. I have the Philippines map running on my Dynavin. It's compatible with igi8 and Primo. I'll send you the files
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #1026
teeach

My Ride: punto power!
have igo primo installed on mine worsk sweet and full uk postcodes.

plus if sonme of you guys didnt know the WinCe version can be "jailbroken" and wifi dongle installed(3G aswe ll soon)
teeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #1027
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeach View Post
have igo primo installed on mine worsk sweet and full uk postcodes.

plus if sonme of you guys didnt know the WinCe version can be "jailbroken" and wifi dongle installed(3G aswe ll soon)

how do you do that? and with no android side what could we do with wince verion with 3g?
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #1028
teeach

My Ride: punto power!
internet and email mostly buut there are apps out there for wince, just not very good lol
teeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #1029
m7alj

My Ride: 330 convertible
Hi all I installed the b146 at the weekend & I have 2 problems I hope someone can help me with 1st I fitted the rear camera & when I put it in reverse it works but as soon as I go out of reverse the the screen just goes black with a no signal message in the middle & the whole unit is blocked it won't even turn of the only way to get it going is to turn ignition of then back on & then the unit works fine until I use reverse gear. 2nd problem is I can't get the satnav software to work I purchased the card with unit basically I press the nav button & the message can't find navigation software appears . I would appreciate any help
m7alj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #1030
Press22

My Ride: 01 325ci
Question... what are you guys going with? The winCE or Android one?
I personally don't care about wifi. Just want the navigation to work and to connect my iPhone.

The android one is looking like the better option since it's got 512mb DDR2 but that's just my thoughts from being a computer engineering major.
Do you need some sort of 3G service for the maps to work on the android version?

Last edited by Press22; 03-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Press22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #1031
fuzioneer

ok looks like reading from iPod it doesn't allow for Album browsing, so basically presented with a full long list of track names, however putting albums into folders and putting on SD card slot left hand side allows browsing via albums

Next question installed Torque app via sd card, but when I run it (trying to connect to my ELM Bluetooth ODB Scanner) it can't see it because BT not enabled, How do you enable BT within Android on the B046 ?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #1032
FISH330XI

My Ride: 03' 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Hey fish, where you got the USB things for picture 3.
Hey Wickedly,
I purchased them thru Dynavin solutions, they were I think $19.00 each. And they are perfrct for flush mounting. Nice and clean.
FISH330XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #1033
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7alj View Post
Hi all I installed the b146 at the weekend & I have 2 problems I hope someone can help me with 1st I fitted the rear camera & when I put it in reverse it works but as soon as I go out of reverse the the screen just goes black with a no signal message in the middle & the whole unit is blocked it won't even turn of the only way to get it going is to turn ignition of then back on & then the unit works fine until I use reverse gear. 2nd problem is I can't get the satnav software to work I purchased the card with unit basically I press the nav button & the message can't find navigation software appears . I would appreciate any help
not sure about your first question.for your second,go to setup on nav screen,touch nav setting,click folder choose sd card,then find the igo.exe then touch home button and now it is setup for nav.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #1034
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7alj View Post
Did you splice the two pink wires together? Apart from that detail I can't see why it will not switch back to the main screen (or whatever you were doing before).
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #1035
m7alj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawracerx View Post
not sure about your first question.for your second,go to setup on nav screen,touch nav setting,click folder choose sd card,then find the igo.exe then touch home button and now it is setup for nav.
Just tried that & still won't work & now when I press nav settings it goes to screen saying no signal so it won't let me go to settings
Old 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #1036
m7alj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackz23 View Post
Did you splice the two pink wires together? Apart from that detail I can't see why it will not switch back to the main screen (or whatever you were doing before).
Yep joined the two pink wires together
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #1037
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Check your cables for loose wires and connections. Reset the unit once you've checked everything.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #1038
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH330XI View Post
Hey Wickedly,
I purchased them thru Dynavin solutions, they were I think $19.00 each. And they are perfrct for flush mounting. Nice and clean.
Thanks, I will check it out
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #1039
Wickedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH330XI View Post
Hey Guys, I Don't have an Enco, but I did install my Dynavin earlier this week. Just wanted to share some Ideas and Install options that I used. I guess these units are pretty much the same. Of course if they are not then some of these Ideas may not work. Either way. The Dynavin has two USB's and a Headphone (for AUX purposes) these come out of the back and can be extended. Below is a picture of two usb and one headphone Aux jack that I extended to the back portion of my Euro tray. I also extended the Ipod input to the inside of my euro tray. There is also the picture of the backup camera that I in stalled in the trunk Keyhole. Like I said I don't know if the Encos have all these inputs but if they do. here are some options. One of the USB's is connected to the CD/DVD/AUX board so you can play music files from a USB. the other USB is connected to the nav board. I guess for updates and such. either way I extended them both so I had access to them without having to remove the radio again. if you have any questions, let me know.
You should have create a DIY on how to setup those USB and aux. your setup is so clean!! Props to you and sharing those pics!!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #1040
norcal420

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
I want the Android one as that offers more possibilities now and down the road. You get all the same benefits of WinCE (offline navigation - sold separately, ipod, bluetooth etc.) albeit with some additional setup headaches.

But you can hack the OS (M3evolutions ROM), get more/better apps than what WinCE offers, tether wifi (dynavin only for now, infrastructure only), add apps like torque pro . . . like Jeff says, if you like to tinker get the Android. If not, WinCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
Question... what are you guys going with? The winCE or Android one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
I personally don't care about wifi. Just want the navigation to work and to connect my iPhone.

norcal420 is offline   Reply With Quote