E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #61
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
got various tests done at the doctors today. BF came in at 6.7% @ 161 lbs (didn't eat much before the test). Does this sound accurate?
Very low. Could be close I guess. You don't seem to have much body fat. To me it's just an arbitrary number though. It's more about how you feel you look rather than what the number says.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #62
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
got various tests done at the doctors today. BF came in at 6.7% @ 161 lbs (didn't eat much before the test). Does this sound accurate?
Body fat caliper? If so, how many points did they use?

Probably 8-10% I'd say? From the first picture probably closer to 8...if you've been bulking, it would obviously be higher than what you were at in the picture
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #63
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
I think it was a BIA test. Either way, I'm trying to put on lean mass as much as possible.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #64
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
161lbs? jesus
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #65
kushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
161lbs? jesus
I use to love you.
Now I see it's just lust...

no hetero
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #66
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Sounds reasonably accurate (a bit low but that's nitpicking). But body fat is also a rather meaningless number. For your goals, just concentrate on the mirror. Nobody's ever said, "I thought he looked good, but then I found out he was 6.7% body fat..."

Some natural bodybuilders come in RIPPED but they end up looking lanky. A lot of naturally thin guys would do well to put on some fat - it makes them look a lot bigger and healthier.

Try adding a scoop of natural PB to every meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #67
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Sounds reasonably accurate (a bit low but that's nitpicking). But body fat is also a rather meaningless number. For your goals, just concentrate on the mirror. Nobody's ever said, "I thought he looked good, but then I found out he was 6.7% body fat..."

Some natural bodybuilders come in RIPPED but they end up looking lanky. A lot of naturally thin guys would do well to put on some fat - it makes them look a lot bigger and healthier.

Try adding a scoop of natural PB to every meal.
That's a good tip. I try to add some nuts to all meals.

What's you take on the following nuts. I'm not sure which ones are best.

Almonds
cashews
Brazilian nuts
Old 03-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #68
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
I think almonds are best, gotta love almonds
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #69
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
I think almonds are best, gotta love almonds
Werd. Always have almonds in my fridge. Love them!

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #70
electric130

My Ride: 2002 330i
Wasabi almonds are the best. Little high on sodium, but worth it!

electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #71
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric130 View Post
Wasabi almonds are the best. Little high on sodium, but worth it!
kind of defeats the purpose of eating them for health reasons.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #72
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Serious Mass is sold out Want to give it a go given all the comments in here. People are saying online they take 4-5 scoops of it a day!. That seems like a ton!

What would you guys suggest for use of serious mass? As a breafkast shake? Post work out? Before bed? All of the above?

How long will a 6 pound tub of it usually last? I tried weight gainer back in college and just cringed spending like 50 bucks on a tub of it that would last two weeks (one week in the case of one of the options available at the time).

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #73
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Serious Mass is sold out Want to give it a go given all the comments in here. People are saying online they take 4-5 scoops of it a day!. That seems like a ton!

What would you guys suggest for use of serious mass? As a breafkast shake? Post work out? Before bed? All of the above?

How long will a 6 pound tub of it usually last? I tried weight gainer back in college and just cringed spending like 50 bucks on a tub of it that would last two weeks (one week in the case of one of the options available at the time).
I'm using amplified mass xxx. 800 calories for each shake with whole milk. That's 4 scoops. I usually take 2 scoops because I can't mix four in a shaker. Take 3 a day and then an overnight protein feed before bed.

Quote:
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #74
electric130

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
kind of defeats the purpose of eating them for health reasons.
not really. They still have protein and beneficial fat.

Quote:

I take a protein shake post workout with whey isolate, dextrose, and BCAA. Other than that, I get my protein from whole foods. I go through about 1 lb of protein a week.

electric130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #75
DylloS

Quote:

Make your own. Cheaper and better for you.

whole milk
pb
oats
protein powder
and if you want a scoop of ice cream
Old 03-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #76
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:

4-5 scoops? Nasty, I had a hard time taking the recommended 2 scoops per shake. When I used to take it, I had a scoop in the morning and one before bed. A 12lb bag lasted me a month. The supplement has great reviews, but its no better than natural foods or a good homemade protein shake like solly recommended.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #77
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Chase, Although I do love a homemade shake at home, the whey protein is a great thing to keep at work for on the go. I workout before work so as soon as I get to work ill take some milk I have in my fridge and make a shake. I'll have a dinner, and then before I leave for the day I'll have another. When I get home I'll have some fruit, maybe a pb sandwich or something and my overnight feed protein. Here are the nutritional facts on mine.. Numbers on the right represent drinking with 2% milk instead of water. I drink whole milk however.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1333060068.409792.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	444244  

Quote:
Old 03-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #78
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Chase, Although I do love a homemade shake at home, the whey protein is a great thing to keep at work for on the go. I workout before work so as soon as I get to work ill take some milk I have in my fridge and make a shake. I'll have a dinner, and then before I leave for the day I'll have another. When I get home I'll have some fruit, maybe a pb sandwich or something and my overnight feed protein. Here are the nutritional facts on mine.. Numbers on the right represent drinking with 2% milk instead of water. I drink whole milk however.
13 servings? I could never justify spending money on that.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #79
kushy

I'm starting to realize how hard it is to eat 3000 cal a day clean.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #80
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
I'm starting to realize how hard it is to eat 3000 cal a day clean.
If you said "very" you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote