E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 183 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #241
Mattbuyshouses

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Thank you for the $25 in apprecation! haha you sir know how to party

The gingerbread rom is not quite ready yet but if you are interested in previewing it a lil before public release let me know
You're welcome! If you'd have been local we could have gotten those shots of Patron! Absolutely my favorite.

Definitely sign me up!
Keep me in the loop with PMs to your betas and I'll try them out. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Matt

Mattbuyshouses
Mattbuyshouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #242
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy0071 View Post
Looks like the dynavin stock has at least been able to be flashed. But now all I get is the dynavin splash screen over and over and over. 15 mins and counting. I tried resettin afterwards. Still nothing.
have you been using the same card this entire time.....something is keeping you from getting a complete flash, try doing some things different, different computer, different card, something in your process is screwed up.....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #243
diddy0071

My Ride: 2001 E53
two different cards. Same computer. I'm going to try it off of my laptop. Maybe it's how I format the cards. I followed a link to make a bootable drive off of the MicroSD from one of these forums. It uses USBoot 1.70, the thing is I don't even read the chinese letter. Maybe that could be it. Is there a better program to make a USB bootable drive?
diddy0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #244
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
two different cards. Same computer. I'm going to try it off of my laptop. Maybe it's how I format the cards. I followed a link to make a bootable drive off of the MicroSD from one of these forums. It uses USBoot 1.70, the thing is I don't even read the chinese letter. Maybe that could be it. Is there a better program to make a USB bootable drive?
EASEUS Partition Master - Home edition....

Remember to make the partition active AND bootable.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #245
DeadWinter

My Ride: E46 320D 2000
Quote:
- Download EaseUS : http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Part...-10863346.html
- Plug your SD Card into your laptop (Sometimes doesn't properly work with the built-in card reader, if so use an external adapter and connect to the USB of your laptop)
- Load EaseUS
- Select the SD card
- ! Remove the existing partition on the SD Card
- Create a new PRIMARY partition (I had to make a 2Gb partion on a 4Gb SD card to get mine to work)
- Format the new partition as FAT (also notes as FAT16)
- Set the partition as 'ACTIVE'
- Load the Dynavin ROM files to the root of the SD card
- Load the SD card into the NAV (left) slot of the Dynavin
- Turn the Ignition Key and switch to the NAV side of the D99

I hope this helps. Good Luck!!
DeadWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #246
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
just found this thread WOW!!! Nice job M3evolution!!!

i've been using your original ROM with no issues for a while, but just got a force close the other day... have you solved the force close issues with your new ROM? which i'm about to install right now!
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #247
mistapony

My Ride: volvo v70r
Still trying to get the 1.221 rom password any help please pm.
mistapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #248
jok

My Ride: E46 330d
In 1.221 the 3G settings app crashes when trying to edit 3G settings. Also 3G connection does not work (connection failed). With stock rom, even without setting apn's and stuff, connection works. I am using the standard dynavin 3G modem. Please help!
jok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #249
diddy0071

does the partition cluster size matter? I've read that it should be 64kb somewhere, and it defaults to 32. suggestions?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #250
bloody2k

My Ride: VW
Just send my donation! Keep up the good work!

You can sign me to your list of betatester as well. Would love to help getting a working gingerbreadup running
And if one of you could please send me password for 1.221, it seams like M3Evo's inbox is still full..
bloody2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #251
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody2k View Post
Just send my donation! Keep up the good work!

You can sign me to your list of betatester as well. Would love to help getting a working gingerbreadup running
And if one of you could please send me password for 1.221, it seams like M3Evo's inbox is still full..
PM just sent check your inbox again. Thanks!

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #252
m3evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistapony View Post
Still trying to get the 1.221 rom password any help please pm.
pm sent

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 04-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #253
azmp1

My Ride: 01 M3, 03 A4, 08 X5
M3evolution: I've PM'd you for the password as well, can i have it please? I'm dying to try your new ROM!!!

Also few more questions:
1. Voice search. Are you guys using the internal or external mic for the droid side? I've tried using either with bluetooth on the dynavin side and the quality is terrble... is it better on the droid side?
2. Bluetooth on the droid side, for the OBDII connectivity. Do you have to have D99 for this? I have D95. Also, where does the dongle plugs in?

Thanks
azmp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #254
diddy0071

BEER MONEY SENT! Thanks to you all! I got not only the stock rom working, but then I flashed over R1.221 and got it working! Thanks! Awesome ROM M3Evolution! Jeff as usual, you were a great help and anyone else who helped me troubleshoot and fix my issue. Apparently it was that shitty USBoot 1.70 program that was ****ing **** up. So ****ing relieved and happy now!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #255
diddy0071

Thought I'd share the happiness!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #256
m3evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
M3evolution: I've PM'd you for the password as well, can i have it please? I'm dying to try your new ROM!!!

Also few more questions:
1. Voice search. Are you guys using the internal or external mic for the droid side? I've tried using either with bluetooth on the dynavin side and the quality is terrble... is it better on the droid side?
2. Bluetooth on the droid side, for the OBDII connectivity. Do you have to have D99 for this? I have D95. Also, where does the dongle plugs in?

Thanks
pm sent

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 04-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #257
m3evolution

Quote:
BEER MONEY SENT! Thanks to you all! I got not only the stock rom working, but then I flashed over R1.221 and got it working! Thanks! Awesome ROM M3Evolution! Jeff as usual, you were a great help and anyone else who helped me troubleshoot and fix my issue. Apparently it was that shitty USBoot 1.70 program that was ****ing **** up. So ****ing relieved and happy now!
Awesome glad everything worked out for you

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #258
m3evolution

Ill try to look into this but since I dont have a 3G modem to test it might take awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jok View Post
In 1.221 the 3G settings app crashes when trying to edit 3G settings. Also 3G connection does not work (connection failed). With stock rom, even without setting apn's and stuff, connection works. I am using the standard dynavin 3G modem. Please help!

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #259
jok

My Ride: E46 330d
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Ill try to look into this but since I dont have a 3G modem to test it might take awhile
The settings app crashes even without the 3G modem plugged in. Could you please check if that also happens when you try it? If you can get it to work, so that I can try to enter the correct settings, that would be a first step.
jok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #260
DeadWinter

My Ride: E46 320D 2000
Quote:
does the partition cluster size matter? I've read that it should be 64kb somewhere, and it defaults to 32. suggestions?
The default worked fine for me.
DeadWinter is offline   Reply With Quote