E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
ENCO B146 (WinCe) Support/Mods/Hacks INFO!!!!

OKay- the other Enco thread is now 65 pages long and has a mix of android and WinCe info. I decided us WinCe guys needed our own thread so that people dont confuse Android stuff for our much more important info (ha)

FIRST and foremost!! After working with our friend Petrut, I now have what may be the first Enco B146 running the WinCe patch! I am not completely familiar with it, but here are some images of it running on my unit. It seems pretty stinkin cool . I dont know what this means as far as apps we can add just yet, but I can tell you that there appear to be a ton of games, as well as productivity stuff.

Screens=

NOW that we have a lot more freedom with the NAV side, I really see no remorse for not buying the android version. I do not have a wifi adaptor and really dont intend to buy one= but Petrut is confident that it will work the same as the other machines.

I have just been informed that this patch will be live for everyone else within 24hours at his website www.wincepatch.com

With that little Easter egg out of the way- we now need to focus on the other minor issues the device has.

1. Volume issue that seems to plague SOME of us, but not others

2. The wheel buttons only scanning by frequency rather than pre-set channel

3. Screen glare

Reserved for the next issue (ha)
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
petrut

My Ride: bmw e46
thanks for the review.
you also need to modify a little the screen size in gps main settings, if is possible, then calibrate screen with a pen.
petrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Keith Billanti

SO my question is this== if this mod works on this machine similarly to that of other machines, couldnt we flash this machine with a Dynavin firmware?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Keith Billanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrut View Post
thanks for the review.
you also need to modify a little the screen size in gps main settings, if is possible, then calibrate screen with a pen.

THAT was my next email

The buttons can all be accessed (like the red X to close a window) but it really is at the limit of the screen, and the included stylus is needed to "click" it.

I also need to add my GPS stuff. Gotta figure out how to link the software to the icon
Old 04-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Nice work Petrut and Keith B!

I just need a different ipod player (one that lets you choose genre, artist, songs, etc.) rather than whats the default setting on the unit. That plus all the extras I've been reading about it just makes this patch a no brainer.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Keith Billanti

This is all Petrut.. I'm just a Guinea pig..
Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
TiKORE

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
OK Seriously..... HIGH FIVE. Well played.

This is going to be a good thread. Looking forward to the patch. Pretty easy to install these patches?

Regards
Joshua
TiKORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
petrut

patch now live

http://wincepatch.com/wince6 , item no 3. This is a 20 mb rar file download.

so easy to install, a kid can do it.
Don`t forget, wifi and 3g patch ARE compatible with this unit!
Enjoy!

For any bugs/issues, please post in this thread. I don`t have a Enco unit so you must help me improve it, if possible.
Currently the patch is identical in functions with the dynavin one, you also can see a video on my first page.

Last edited by petrut; 04-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Getting audio to default to radio?

OK... So has anyone found a way to have the system audio side default to the radio? My seems to scan from TV (not connected) and stops at AUX.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
r2t2

Getting iGo Primo 2.0 to boot directly to map

To bring up the map first, without going through the Navigation Menu, first put this in your sys.txt;

[debug]
experimental_features=1

Now restart the device, and you will find an extra icon at the bottom of the Navigation Menu. Press that icon, and in the menu that comes up, check the "skip navigation menu" box. It's that simple. Reversing these changes is a little more technical, since your going to loose access to the "experimental settings" icon.

When you go through the process above, you will be adding veasynavmapmenuactive="1" to your system.ini file, so if you ever want to go back to starting with the Navigation Menu, just change veasynavmapmenuactive="1" to veasynavmapmenuactive="0".
Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
r2t2

Good source for iGo information

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/gps-...o-gps-systems/
Old 04-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #12
Keith Billanti

OKay== I now have Primo and Igo8 up and running.

I dont see any way to re-size the screen though. It is needed too.

KB
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #13
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
nice !
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
That's weird I got primo and have no issues with screen.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #15
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Nice to finally have it- I told you in my pm "if you build it, they will come"!!!

Thanks for sending the specs Keith.
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
Keith Billanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawracerx View Post
That's weird I got primo and have no issues with screen.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
No no.. no issue in primo.. the issue is in wince.. the screen is a tad too large and so,e stuff is getting cut off.. not a deal breaker... but would like a fix.

I was also thinking... is there such an ap for wince that would be a radio tuner? perhaps a USB antenna? is there such a thing? this would resolve the volume issue and probably give us a heck of a lot more capability with radio... I.e.. how about rewind? record? c'mon..let's think outside the box ~
Old 04-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #17
petrut

it should be a position setting in the main gps settings shell, where bitghtness is. If is not... there is nothing i can do, only enco can.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
can the patch be installed through the sd card slot in the front of the unit? going to attempt this patch today.

update, have installed the patch..some things are showing up in a different language, any way to change this? also i am getting a few error messages popping up..

Last edited by bikeaddict; 04-08-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: update
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #19
r2t2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
can the patch be installed through the sd card slot in the front of the unit? going to attempt this patch today.
Petrut put very specific instructions embedded in the patch .rar file... But the short answer is yes.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #20
Keith Billanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post

update, have installed the patch..some things are showing up in a different language, any way to change this? also i am getting a few error messages popping up..
What are the error?I have a few things coming up in hoer languages as well.. such is life with hacked stuff I guess. Maybe a simple setting somewhere? Maybe a patch down the road... (shrug)