E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.45 average.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #14701
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
BRB, gonna go to the store in my helicopter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...item231bec037d
No ebay from work

cliffs?
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #14702
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Its a helicopter like this (but red) for $21k

Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #14703
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
I'm sitting here in Java class and the woman teaching can't even properly pronounce "algorithm." She keeps saying "alalgorithm" or something retarded.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #14704
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Its a helicopter like this (but red) for $21k

That would be pretty cool too(cant see the pic but get the idea, but heli's take alot more work and certification I believe.

Anybody can buy and fly an ultralight without any sort of certification or training of any kind. Just a matter of knowing how.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #14705
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Borrow a car? Kinda a weird thing to do.

I was thinking about you doing a vanos delete, but just a new hub would be more quick and cost effective.
If I were in Cali I could rent a race car, that would be sick.

Vanos delete really is better because you constantly have to retune the car for changing conditions. The vanos system on the S54 basically does that for you. If I did cams, I would do the most aggresive set I could and still retain the dual vanos. It's not in the budget now though nor is the extra power I would gain worth the money.

Just ordered my new hub. I should have all the parts this week to get the car back together. Too bad I'm not gonna have it in time for the DE.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #14706
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 644
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
If I were in Cali I could rent a race car, that would be sick.

Vanos delete really is better because you constantly have to retune the car for changing conditions. The vanos system on the S54 basically does that for you. If I did cams, I would do the most aggresive set I could and still retain the dual vanos. It's not in the budget now though nor is the extra power I would gain worth the money.

Just ordered my new hub. I should have all the parts this week to get the car back together. Too bad I'm not gonna have it in time for the DE.
When you drop your pan... Maybe put one of those small magnets on the bottom of the pan.... Just in case some **** like this ever happens again??? Which make me think.. we didnt try running a strong magnet on the OUTSIDE of the pan. Before you pull it I would try that, try dragging it towards the drain plug... might just get lucky...
__________________
2005 ZCP Schwarz II/Imolarot 6spd ///M3 ||| 1999 Estoril Blau/Estoril Blau ///M Coupe "Clownshoe"
2014 Alpinweiss Uni/Mokka X5 ///M Package (wifey)
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #14707
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
When you drop your pan... Maybe put one of those small magnets on the bottom of the pan.... Just in case some **** like this ever happens again??? Which make me think.. we didnt try running a strong magnet on the OUTSIDE of the pan. Before you pull it I would try that, try dragging it towards the drain plug... might just get lucky...
I did that, no luck. The last thing that will go back on the car is a oil pan, just in case I drop a shim when I'm doing the valves.

Parts total is just shy of $900 now, all I have left to order is more TWS 10w60. With that it will come to right around $1,000 S54 owners make sure and keep any eye on this, 1k is if you catch it early (like I did), a rebuilt vanos is an additional $1,200, and who knows what it would cost if it detinated the motor.

This failure is no joke and has proven to happen to all kinds of M3's. This is not mileage/usage specific.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #14708
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 644
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I did that, no luck. The last thing that will go back on the car is a oil pan, just in case I drop a shim when I'm doing the valves.

Parts total is just shy of $900 now, all I have left to order is more TWS 10w60. With that it will come to right around $1,000 S54 owners make sure and keep any eye on this, 1k is if you catch it early (like I did), a rebuilt vanos is an additional $1,200, and who knows what it would cost if it detinated the motor.

This failure is no joke and has proven to happen to all kinds of M3's. This is not mileage/usage specific.
Man now your scaring me... Makes me think I need to just open mine up and take a look/order the new hub as a preventative maintenance
__________________
2005 ZCP Schwarz II/Imolarot 6spd ///M3 ||| 1999 Estoril Blau/Estoril Blau ///M Coupe "Clownshoe"
2014 Alpinweiss Uni/Mokka X5 ///M Package (wifey)
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #14709
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
Man now your scaring me... Makes me think I need to just open mine up and take a look/order the new hub as a preventative maintenance
I don't know if I would order a new hub but I would definitely open it up and take a look. As long as you replaced the valve cover gasket recently (not old and hard) then you shouldn't have to replace it. I pulled the valve cover off a friends car last night in about 15 minutes, super easy.

BTW, I bought the re-designed hub that has bigger tabs to fit the wholes better. I spoke with with the design/builder today for over an hour discussing structural shiznit and the pros out weighed the cons. The only other options are oem or a Dr. Vanos cryo treated unit.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #14710
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
The deed is done. Just kicked my lady-friend-roommate out.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #14711
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 644
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
The deed is done. Just kicked my lady-friend-roommate out.
Did you hit it before you kicked her out?
__________________
2005 ZCP Schwarz II/Imolarot 6spd ///M3 ||| 1999 Estoril Blau/Estoril Blau ///M Coupe "Clownshoe"
2014 Alpinweiss Uni/Mokka X5 ///M Package (wifey)
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #14712
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
Did you hit it before you kicked her out?
lol, no I didnt get one last one in. Shoulda
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #14713
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 644
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
lol, no I didnt get one last one in. Shoulda
Mega FAIL!!!!




....I suggest inviting her back over and try to hit it one more time (also pictures of her)
__________________
2005 ZCP Schwarz II/Imolarot 6spd ///M3 ||| 1999 Estoril Blau/Estoril Blau ///M Coupe "Clownshoe"
2014 Alpinweiss Uni/Mokka X5 ///M Package (wifey)
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #14714
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 644
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Anyone heard or know anything about this??

http://www.flatoutdrivingschool.com/
__________________
2005 ZCP Schwarz II/Imolarot 6spd ///M3 ||| 1999 Estoril Blau/Estoril Blau ///M Coupe "Clownshoe"
2014 Alpinweiss Uni/Mokka X5 ///M Package (wifey)
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #14715
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
Anyone heard or know anything about this??

http://www.flatoutdrivingschool.com/
I do, call me around lunch. I'm headed to a meeting now.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #14716
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 644
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I do, call me around lunch. I'm headed to a meeting now.
Ahh man I didnt see this... I was too excited for lunch... brought me some left over Jack Stack Lol... if I dont give you a call later today just hit me up sometime
__________________
2005 ZCP Schwarz II/Imolarot 6spd ///M3 ||| 1999 Estoril Blau/Estoril Blau ///M Coupe "Clownshoe"
2014 Alpinweiss Uni/Mokka X5 ///M Package (wifey)
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #14717
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
My new vanos hub will be here Wednesday. The only thing I'm waiting on is the cam alignment tool. It wont be here until next week.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #14718
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra


You cant like borrow one from kendle?

So is the "Flat out Classic" the BMW DE that everyone's been talking about?

I'll be going, no matter what.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #14719
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post


You cant like borrow one from kendle?

So is the "Flat out Classic" the BMW DE that everyone's been talking about?

I'll be going, no matter what.
He doesn't have one, he borrows from Baron. I thought about just buying one and overnighting it so that I could have everything fixed by the weekend but I've already spent enough money and I didn't want the first time I drove the car to be 3 terribly hard days at the track. What I'm doing is no joke and I want to make sure it is done right.

Yes it is. It has now become a regional event with 4 BMW clubs pitching it to help. It will include a car control clinic, some AutoX, a car show, and a big BBQ. As well as the normal DE track driving. It will be a hell of an event. If I haven't moved yet I will be attending as well.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #14720
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Brad did you find the tab? I was hitting my car a bit on the hwy and it's in limp mode Need a new MAF. Flying to Seattle on friday, another week gone.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use