E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #61
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiKORE View Post
FYI - my lights do not remain backlit.
Is it because Keith and Tikore have M3s or is it because of firmware
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #62
Keith Billanti

My Ride: TitanSilber//M3
Lol.. M3 is pretty awesome.. but doubt it matters.

Na.. never noticed? Maybe it is because the pics I took during the day didn't show the backlit keys? Maybe they don't stay on. Dunno. I'll pay attention next time I go out.
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #63
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty330i View Post
Does anyone have a different link for igo primo? I've tried to download the one from the Dynavin forum at least 10 times! Down load keeps getting interrupted and I have to start over the furthest I've gotten is 65%
someone who has it needs to upload it somewhere else...and share the link for a few days..i'll do the same once i have it
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #64
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
My unit isn't reading my sd card!!! Nav won't work and my PC will not longer read it either.... This sucks... Ideas?!?!?!
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #65
sackz23

My Ride: 323i
If anyone needs iGo Primo 2.0 I am uploading it to my dropbox. PM me and I'll give you access.

To clarify, it's for WinCE and you do not have to download dropbox. I'll provide a direct link.

Password is dynavin

Last edited by sackz23; 04-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.
sackz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #66
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
In, nice work guy's!
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #67
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
My unit isn't reading my sd card!!! Nav won't work and my PC will not longer read it either.... This sucks... Ideas?!?!?!
Did you make a backup of the card? If you did, try doing a quick format (FAT32) of the SD card and copy you backed up files/folders to it... You did make a B/U right??? If the format won't recover the card (allow Windows to read it) then the SD card is toast and you need to get another one.

CYA... Make B/U's prior to any change you make. That way if it gets SNAFU'd you can recover to the last known working copy.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #68
ccagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
Did you make a backup of the card? If you did, try doing a quick format (FAT32) of the SD card and copy you backed up files/folders to it... You did make a B/U right??? If the format won't recover the card (allow Windows to read it) then the SD card is toast and you need to get another one.

CYA... Make B/U's prior to any change you make. That way if it gets SNAFU'd you can recover to the last known working copy.
That's the first thing I tried to do was back it up... Wouldnt read in my laptop or reader.... Or the unit...
Old 04-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #69
petrut

My Ride: bmw e46
get another one . Class 6 minimum, and a good brand.
petrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #70
ccagle

Got it... Bought new cards... Loaded igo 2.0 and installed your hack... Nav working perfect... Fingers crossed... Tomorrow I'll attempt the OBC mod... Hopefully it works!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #71
ccagle

Error message I get at random times... Nothing big. Just figured I'd post it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1334072535.849450.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	445897  
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #72
petrut

that message is not random. tell me exactly in what scenario you get it. When you go from desktop to mainshell using the mainshell icon?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #73
ccagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrut View Post
that message is not random. tell me exactly in what scenario you get it. When you go from desktop to mainshell using the mainshell icon?
HAHA by random I meant sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure the message isn't random though..

Yes that is exactly when it happens too!!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #74
ccagle

Also, I'm messing around with Igo trying to figure it all out... How to make the building show up, change cars, etc??? Does anyone have a good site I can find this info? I'm sure it has something to do with the .ini files but figured I'd read up and get comfortable first... The arrow isn't appealing.. haha
Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #75
ccagle

Petrut- I've also lost my icons on my "desktop".. Meaning the shortcuts are there but they are genric icons. I had "nice" icons and things before hand? Not sure why? I can post a pic in a bit if you'd like..
Old 04-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #76
petrut

what you did ?
that sounds like a sd card error, please check partitions name in total commander, if you can access it... I hope you don`t have storagecard2 error...
Old 04-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #77
ccagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrut View Post
what you did ?
that sounds like a sd card error, please check partitions name in total commander, if you can access it... I hope you don`t have storagecard2 error...
Haha I don't "think" I did anything?? But....... Haha it seems to be working fine just lost the custom icons for a few things. No errors on that screen. Here's a pic. There's a glare but you should be able to see.. Some have mysteriously returned. The custom iPhone icon hasn't
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1334088469.531995.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	445965  
Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #78
petrut

if you can run the iphone menu from that icon, is a firmware issue, i know that bug. Doesnt do any harm, but would be nice for you to request a better and newer firmware for gps side from enco. As you saw, some of you have the settings to move the screen, some don`t. And also you have a firmware that erase registry after reboot, that`s why i needed to build a custom enco patch.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #79
ccagle

I emailed them and requested the newest firmware. Jolly did email me back and said she will have the engineer upload it and send me the link. That was last night. I'll wait and see what happens today....

But yes, Like I said, it still works but the icon's go to generic. Functionality isn't effected though.

On a side note, my steering wheel controls are lighting fast.... However, the button on the unit itself take a few seconds to change?!?!?!? So looks as if I have a reverse delay issue.. haha
Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #80
ccagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
Also, I'm messing around with Igo trying to figure it all out... How to make the building show up, change cars, etc??? Does anyone have a good site I can find this info? I'm sure it has something to do with the .ini files but figured I'd read up and get comfortable first... The arrow isn't appealing.. haha
I was able to find a .pdf of the Igo 2.0 users manual... While it is a little different than what we are running. All you need to "change" our settings, cars, traffic info, maps, 3D vs 2D is all there in the manual. So it did help.