E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Exterior

Exterior
Exterior BMW parts, OEM or aftermarket. Body kits, spoilers, body panels, trunks, hoods, fenders, lips, bumpers, mirrors, moldings, trim, etc...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
In.The.Red

My Ride: 325xi RX-7
WTB: Headlight Washer Covers

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for the small covers for the headlight washers on my 2003 325xi, as I lost both of them this winter.

I've found them online for $15 unpainted, but I'd like to find a pair that are already painted Titanium Silver. Anyone have them?

I'm in Ottawa, Canada so let me know what you have and how much they'd be shipped to me.

Thanks,

Nick
In.The.Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
M00P

Location: El Pueblo Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula
My Ride: e46 m3, e36 sedan
I have them on my car. How do you operate them? Don't really need them since I live in So Cal but I'm curious.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Basketcase

My Ride: 2005 AW/IR M3
I you can buy cheap from ECS Tuning. I was just on there looking for the trim pieces that surround the nozzle as mine have broken tabs
Basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
In.The.Red

Mine come on automatically when I use the windshield washers and the lights are on. I think it sprays the headlights every second or third spray on the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
I you can buy cheap from ECS Tuning. I was just on there looking for the trim pieces that surround the nozzle as mine have broken tabs
Yeah, they are $15 but they are unpainted. Taking those pieces in to get painted is a real pain and it's not cheap to have a shop mix paint for such a small part. Waiting for a shop to mix paint to paint another Tiag E46 is an option but that could take forever.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Basketcase

My Ride: 2005 AW/IR M3
id just go to an auto zone or car quest and get them to mix you up a spray can of the bmw paint code. i fixed up rust on my trunk before with this stuff and its mixed to match almost perfectly (other then my truck was slightly faded from age)

they are such small pieces they will look perfect! you can even buy the clear coat if you want all for like $20
Basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
Asmod3us
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to Asmod3us
Got some tiag, but not facelift
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
In.The.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
id just go to an auto zone or car quest and get them to mix you up a spray can of the bmw paint code. i fixed up rust on my trunk before with this stuff and its mixed to match almost perfectly (other then my truck was slightly faded from age)

they are such small pieces they will look perfect! you can even buy the clear coat if you want all for like $20
Yeah, that's kind of my last resort really. I've never had good luck with the longevity of things painted with a rattle can on the front of a car. It is true though that as they are so small, the risk of chipping from stones, sand and bugs is a lot smaller than a grill or spoiler for example.... and clear coat would help. If I can't find already painted ones, I'll likely give that a whirl.

Too bad they're not facelifted ones... but thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
In.The.Red

Still looking if anyone has them!