E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
| BSW | Soundplicity BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit

Simple Integration for iPod/iPhone.

We had many asking for a very basic kit at a reasonable price. Of course sacrificing sound quality was not an option. Enter the BSW iPod Kit! SOUNDPLICITY is a plug-n-play iPod/iPhone integration device for your BMW. Simple and cost-effective, it delivers the basics: CD quality sound, track up/down from your radio and steering controls and iPod/iPhone charging.

Full Details:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...tegration-Kit/

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Reach

My Ride: M3
"Unlocked" / Full control of the iPod option. Finally, someone who gets it! Thank you for bringing a useful kit to market at a decent price.

The only other kit out there that actually works and does this costs more, so you've hit the nail on the head.

Not to mention, you can use Pandora, Sirius, Rdio, Spotify, other apps in unlocked mode.
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Does this use the same I/C chip as DICE/USASpec/etc with the same crappy signal to noise ratio? (no offense)

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Reach

My Ride: M3
How can you possibly compare the Dice to the USA SPEC? The dice is miserable. The USA SPEC actually works. This seems like a cheaper USA SPEC.
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
sweet jones

My Ride: CLK, S54 E46 Touring
looks like a great product at an even better price!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
fios

My Ride: 330ci
Halston, can you identify the company the built this? Is it related to USA spec or DICE? I am interested because I tried DICE and had some issues. Went with the USA Spec and loved it since the sound didn't have static. I used it all last Summer until I put the car away for the Winter. I pulled the car out of storage last weekend and tired Iphone with Spec unit. Unfortunately, I got the "no magazine" and was told by USA spec the IOS 5 software updated by Apple that I just upgraded to doesn't work with Spec unit. Spec offered to have me ship them the unit to upgrade the software for $75. I was disappointed at Joe's response at USA Spec. I looked on your website today, but didn't see how software can be upgraded on this unit. Can you confirm that it can? How would future Apple software upgrades work with this unit? I really am willing to give this a try to keep the stock radio. For $25 more the upgrade to USA spec, it seems like an option. I think this will be the 4th manufacturer I've tried. Thanks for posting on this subject. I know not all cars are the same. Incidentally, USA Spec suggested I use the unit in aux mode. I tried and this works, but the sound is not as good. Plus, you wind up with extremely load radio when switching over from Iphone. Wish there was a better solution.

Last edited by fios; 03-19-2012 at 07:48 PM.
fios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Thank you guys. It is not a DICE or USA Spec. It is our own BSW kit that is modified to give our customers what they asked for. Good sound quality, charging and steering wheel controls. We had many stating text was not a huge feature they were interested in. Sound quality was more important. So we had a kit made that removed some features to gain the features more were interested in.

And we of course offer the same 30 day guarantee as all of our products. One of the local BMW guys bought a kit with DSP Adapter for his 540i. I helped him install it at our local wrench night. He loves it since he has a 1 hour each way commute on the highway. He was using a tape deck adapter. I'll have him type up a review. We sent a few out to some other places to get their take so will update the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichE30 View Post
I have recently purchased the Soundplicity system for my E39 540i.

My car already had DSP as well as in-truck CD Changer. Removing the CD changer and installing the Soundplicity system was a breeze once I realized we had left the amplifier unplugged after installation. I can't emphasize how easy it is after reading the instructions.

The system works smoothly. I have a dedicated ipod for the car, so I left it in the trunk and had it pre-set to shuffle my entire playlist. All I do is hop in the car, press the CD/Tape button until CD is selected. Searching back and forth is as easy as pressing the buttons on the steering wheel, and the system automatically pauses the song when shutting the car down.

I've only had the system in my car for 3 days now, but so far it has worked perfectly.

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth

Last edited by Halston@BSW; 03-22-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Originalfake

My Ride: E46 318i
Hey I'm really interested, but I'm at a military address, APOBOX usually charges 20$ or more just to use their service and along with the other shipping. It's going to cost a ton, can't you just possibly ship out using USPS. If so I'm ready to buy now. Thanks! Please pm me
Originalfake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Shoot me an email and I can get an order setup for USPS

rhp@bavsound.com

Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
Triton704

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Halston-can you say anything about compatibility with past,present, and future iPod software? Also, how is this unit installed on an E46?
Triton704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
dopey88

My Ride: e46 323i, e90 325i
what does it do to the bluetooth function when it is plugged in ? will it still work ? also will it work on the factory tape deck with no mode button ? the car does have a 6disk changer.
dopey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #12
jonesoh

My Ride: 2004 325i
Send a message via MSN to jonesoh

Hi, I've just installed a Dice iPod kit into my 2004 325i sedan today.

I have two problems. First, my iPhone4 is actually working with it, but I can't choose the song that I wanna listen to. It seems like just playing the last song that I listened on the phone.

Second, although I re-assembled all the part in the trunk, the rear-lamp warning signal on the dash board is still***65279; going on. How can I remove this? Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6251.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	443497  

Last edited by jonesoh; 03-25-2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: typos
jonesoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Is this the DICE or the Soundplicity kit?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
jonesoh

Dice Silverline Pro

I believe it's Dice Silverline Pro. I can't control the music on the radio nor on the iphone. Even any test doesn't show up on the radio other than "CD1 - 01" or something like that.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #15
BimmItUp

My Ride: 01' 330i
Does this work with the older head units without the mode buttons?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
rome5982

My Ride: 99 323i
So this is a plug-n-play for my 99 E46 323 sedan with prewired cd changer in the trunk? Just plug into the cd changer wiring in the trunk and route the cable from the trunk to the center console for connection to the IPOD/IPhone?

18"ASA AR1/H&R CupKit/ECIS CAI/Stromung Exhaust/Zimmerman Rotors/Aluminum Interior Trim & Face Gauges/G2 Calipers/Clear Corners/Autometer Gauges/Mtech Front Bumper/Chrome Grill/UUC Shift Knob/OEM Rear Spoiler/Painted Moldings/Silver Gauge Rings/JL Audio 12W3V2 & 6.5 Coax/BA 6.5 ProSeries/Kicker KX600.4
rome5982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
dopey88

My Ride: e46 323i, e90 325i
Rome do you have a cd player or a tape player in dash ? I have been asking the same question but I have a tape player in dash
dopey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
rome5982

My Ride: 99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey88 View Post
Rome do you have a cd player or a tape player in dash ? I have been asking the same question but I have a tape player in dash
No, I have the business radio with single CD and the prewired CD changer in the trunk

18"ASA AR1/H&R CupKit/ECIS CAI/Stromung Exhaust/Zimmerman Rotors/Aluminum Interior Trim & Face Gauges/G2 Calipers/Clear Corners/Autometer Gauges/Mtech Front Bumper/Chrome Grill/UUC Shift Knob/OEM Rear Spoiler/Painted Moldings/Silver Gauge Rings/JL Audio 12W3V2 & 6.5 Coax/BA 6.5 ProSeries/Kicker KX600.4
rome5982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #19
nevfen

My Ride: 330 ci conv
Is this iPhone kit available in the UK.
nevfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
jonesoh

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome5982 View Post
No, I have the business radio with single CD and the prewired CD changer in the trunk
Yes, I think it's the one you're talking about.