E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 129 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #481
Bigwill

My Ride: 318ci e46
Thanks for the reply jeff. I've got to say I'm really impressed with the unit so far, have nothing negative to say about it
Bigwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #482
KamPow3r

My Ride: ....
I was one of the first people to purchase the Dynavin unit when it was released sold by Jeff and thank you!

Question about the NEW Dynavin compared to the V5 Dynavin which I bought about a 1 1/2 years ago...is it worth changing the units?

Also, I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue with the V5, but I've been having lots of issues when connecting iPhones and iPods...here are some examples which have happened to me:

- Turn the car on, connect the iPhone or iPod, starts working fine, but 12-15 seconds later connection is lost. (tried reconnecting and does the same thing, tried turning off unit and turning it back on repeats the same problem)
- Turn the car on, connect the iPhone or iPod and it does not even connect.
- Turn the car on, connect the iPhone or iPod, disconnect from the cable and unit goes crazy switching form different functions (USB, Radio, etc..) on its own.
- Navigation connection comes and goes as it pleases...I end up having to use my phone for GPS/Navigation.

The unit has been very inconsistent for me and hasn't returned the investment of $700-$800 spent. I do like and want to keep the unit as it matches the OEM look, but honestly it has been very frustrating when trying to enjoy music while driving.

Your help and input will be much appreciated if you could all please provide feedback.

Thanks in advance!

KP

Last edited by KamPow3r; 04-14-2012 at 05:32 PM.
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #483
rahul20010

My Ride: 2001 E46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
^ good to see that you have read or researched absolutely nothing about the Dynavin FFS
Been reading more things on the forum - everything seems well sorted except for the rear camera install.

Last edited by rahul20010; 04-15-2012 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Read more forums - Bazinga!
rahul20010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #484
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Had my D99 installed for about 6-8 weeks now. I love it. Sure there are some downright crappy aspects and irrtitating bugs but I knew they were there before I bought it. The iPod playlist thing where it sorts playlists by track name NOT playlist order is particularly annoying, but never mind. When it works its so good I could forgive it anything.

I do have two remaining odd issues.

Sometimes, perhaps 1 in 5 times, when I turn the car on the Dynavin doesn't turn on. I have to switch it on with the power switch.

This one is odd. Remember that guy with the E46 who said he thought his Dynavin was interfering with his climate control and we all told him that wouldnt have been the case? Every since installing the unit, every so often my climate display turns off and back on again sometimes at random. It's infrequent but directly co-related with the installation of the Dynavin. Seems to be behaving a bit oddly since the install...
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #485
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
That is a wiring issue, i would suggest the wiring is not 100 tight make sure no exposed leads also and clips are tight.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #486
dan92neale330ci

My Ride: 00 330ci
My 330 doesnt have a oem nav unit but the radio unit itself is in the boot woth the stacker and everything else. i already have an aftermarket amp set up so do i need a fakra cable or do i just need to run rca to the amp?
dan92neale330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 AM   #487
al-djazair

My Ride: E46 E34 E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan92neale330ci View Post
My 330 doesnt have a oem nav unit but the radio unit itself is in the boot woth the stacker and everything else. i already have an aftermarket amp set up so do i need a fakra cable or do i just need to run rca to the amp?
Hi Dan92neale330ci,

it depends where is the BMW radio connector.

If it's in your dashboard just behind your radio unit, I think you already have RCA cable from the dashboard to the boot and you don't need the extension cable.

If the BMW radio connector is in the boot, you need the extension cable and RCA cable to your amp.
2 x '86 E30 323i sold for parts
al-djazair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #488
rahul20010

Guys - need help urgently. I have figured out all the wiring in the unit except for the rear camera install. Can someone please help with this - desperate cry for help. Any video DIY links will be greatly helpful. I found one for rear camera install but it was not much helpful.

1. My D99 (non android) has 2 wires marked "Park" and "Handbrake". Do those need to be connected to handrake and park? I have no idea how this would be done or what are the steps involved. Can someone please help?

2. How do I wire up the rear camera in the back? Any video help on that would be great.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #489
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Crester wrote:

"If you disconnect the green 'reverse' wire then you don't get your music cut out when reversing but you also get no reverse beeper, nor OSD for it either. It should be possible to have a combination of all, and just have the beeps played on top of whatever source is coming through, but if absolutely nothing else that the source you had before resumes correctly afterwards. The thing that infuriates me with it is bluetooth cutting out and then you have to then unlock your phone and navigate back to the controls etc. It's astonishingly bad in this respect, although not quite enough to put me off owning one."

I disconnected the green wire at the end of the Fakra cable (where the cable meets the OEM cable in the boot) and the music still cut out (camera still works though) any idea how to stop the music cutting out?
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #490
MattyD44

My Ride: BMW 325Ci M-Sport
I've got a few questions about my D99 WinCE unit.

1) When using the Windows Music Player, whenever I select reverse the PDC display comes up and I hear the PDC beeping, I then select a forward gear and the unit gets confused about what Media input to play - it will switch to whichever one of the 'Dynavin board' inputs was last selected even though it shows the Windows Player on screen and was playing from this source before reverse was selected - is there a way to fix this or do I just have to make do with the ugly Dynavin USB player?

2) Is there a way to auto-dim the screen at the night or do I just have to hold Mute down for 3 seconds?

3) When the unit is forced off i.e. the key is removed from the ignition it makes an aggressive loud thud noise where the audio cuts out, Is this normal as it doesn't do it when turned off by pressing the left nob?

4) Have there been any other V5 firmware updates other than the 2010 one on the Dynavin forum?

5) Every time I start the car or power up the ignition the Navi clock is always an hour slow of the Dynavin clock even though I changed them to match the last time the unit was powered up?

6) The steering wheel controls for track forward and track back don't work properly on the WinCE side of the unit? Whenever they're pressed they just mute the audio (doesn't rewind or fast forward it before you suggest this) much in the same way that pressing a button on the WinCE system would, pressing a button doesn't case the music to mute as I've changed the settings as instructed. Any ideas?

7) I've had the unit in my car 4 days now and it has lost the stored FM frequencies twice but because it isn't every time I turn it on I assume its not the storage battery common problem, or is it? The favourites appear on the 6 buttons but pressing them all results in the radio just sticking to the default frequency; any ideas?

8) I'm running iGo Primo 2 on the NAVI side but it is temperamental with starting up, sometimes it will load perfectly in less than 10 seconds, othertimes it won't even open and the WinCE freezes so I have no choice but to press NAVI to exit; unless the unit is restarted WinCE will remain frozen but even then it will just do it again until I take the key out and start the ignition again; does this happen to anyone else?

Other than these issues so far so good, enjoying the unit!
MattyD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #491
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
I've never experienced lockups or crashes with my CE D99 running iGo Primo 2. Infact iGo runs so beautifully it more than makes up for the shortcomings on the radio side of the unit.
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #492
rahul20010

Everything is installed and working including rear camera. Trying to figure out:

1. Is it possible to have Bluetooth audio while in navigation? Right now my Bluetooth audio works only when I am on phone screen. As soon as I leave the screen, audio stops.

2. How do I prevent the system from reverting to TMC clock? I have reset the clock several times but it keeps reverting to a random time - guessing its picking something up from radio.

Thanks - would be great if someone can help.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #493
dan92neale330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-djazair View Post
Hi Dan92neale330ci,

it depends where is the BMW radio connector.

If it's in your dashboard just behind your radio unit, I think you already have RCA cable from the dashboard to the boot and you don't need the extension cable.

If the BMW radio connector is in the boot, you need the extension cable and RCA cable to your amp.
Ah k, well in the boot has what i think is the radio unit (it has 4 paired speaker wires going to the amp) to which i have put line converters on yo run an aftermarket amp. i havent seen any antenna cable in the boot or anything but. so in theory i can just run my own rca from the dynavin to my new amp put an antenna.extension cable in if needed. Is that the only thing the fakra cable is for?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #494
ottonavigps
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan92neale330ci View Post
Ah k, well in the boot has what i think is the radio unit (it has 4 paired speaker wires going to the amp) to which i have put line converters on yo run an aftermarket amp. i havent seen any antenna cable in the boot or anything but. so in theory i can just run my own rca from the dynavin to my new amp put an antenna.extension cable in if needed. Is that the only thing the fakra cable is for?
correct...the fahkra harness is basically the same harness you would get in the dynavin box but an extended version. If your car has factory navigation there is no room behind the radio for the wires, therefore it is in the back. The fahkra harness is only for those with factory navigation.

If your talking now about DSP, you basically have an amplifier in the back that is being sent digital signals from the head unit to amp. Installing an aftermarket head unit now will not be recognized by this amplifier. That is why you need to connect the after market amplifier to the head unit using RCA' connections. The speaker wires now will be directly grounded into your amplifier
ottonavigps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #495
certify

My Ride: 328i 2000
I'm purchase D90 less then 1 year and then D95 then D99 are out.. I guess I should have waited. Any idea when Dynavin will launch D105?
certify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #496
DutchPlayer

My Ride: Bmw e46 328i
@Rahul20010

For the rear camera install did you use one of the loose wires on the Fakra cable, reverse or parking?

Or it was just connect the camera and the wires, and you only connected the video cable of the camera to the Dynavin?
DutchPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #497
ottonavigps
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by certify View Post
I'm purchase D90 less then 1 year and then D95 then D99 are out.. I guess I should have waited. Any idea when Dynavin will launch D105?
Ah ic. Don't think Dynavin is going to launch a new platform any time soon. My guess is maybe end of the year? next year?
ottonavigps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #498
Darkryan

My Ride: BMW E39 523i
First of all thankīs a lot for everything and sorry for my English because Iīm from SPAIN

Iīve recently bought a Dynavin d99 android for my BMW E 39 (I know this forum is for E-46, but i need help)

Iīve tried to read everything and still donīt know 3 things:

Were I must plug the cables reverse, amp con (I have a HI FI system) and parking cables...?

The antennas for the TDT were is the best place for it?

And the antena GPS?

Thankīs again for everything, and you all are welcome to Benidorm (Spain)

Best regards
Darkryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #499
marco2034

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
Had my D99 installed for about 6-8 weeks now. I love it. Sure there are some downright crappy aspects and irrtitating bugs but I knew they were there before I bought it. The iPod playlist thing where it sorts playlists by track name NOT playlist order is particularly annoying, but never mind. When it works its so good I could forgive it anything.

I do have two remaining odd issues.

Sometimes, perhaps 1 in 5 times, when I turn the car on the Dynavin doesn't turn on. I have to switch it on with the power switch.

This one is odd. Remember that guy with the E46 who said he thought his Dynavin was interfering with his climate control and we all told him that wouldnt have been the case? Every since installing the unit, every so often my climate display turns off and back on again sometimes at random. It's infrequent but directly co-related with the installation of the Dynavin. Seems to be behaving a bit oddly since the install...
i Got the turn on issue too, and i got this, no one talk about it ... its the black & white screen, its was hard to get it on video but i got it, lets took a look and comme me back on this...

marco2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #500
dan92neale330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottonavigps View Post
correct...the fahkra harness is basically the same harness you would get in the dynavin box but an extended version. If your car has factory navigation there is no room behind the radio for the wires, therefore it is in the back. The fahkra harness is only for those with factory navigation.

If your talking now about DSP, you basically have an amplifier in the back that is being sent digital signals from the head unit to amp. Installing an aftermarket head unit now will not be recognized by this amplifier. That is why you need to connect the after market amplifier to the head unit using RCA' connections. The speaker wires now will be directly grounded into your amplifier
Hmmm seems i should bite the bullet and fork out some cash soon then hahah. Im running quite a big amp set up at the moment and a direct rca connection from a dynavin would certainly make tuning a lot easier

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99