E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
torqueaddict

My Ride: M5-sold
Thumbs Up FS: FK Silverline Plus X coilover for E46 M3

Brand new unopened in box!
This is made in Stailless steel and Height and dampening adjustable.
www.fknorthamerica.com for more info
I decided to get KW V2 instead.
$1200+ shipping.
Local Pick-up in San Diego also welcomed
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Misterdvs

My Ride: 2006 Hubbard BZ
Why did you decide to change??
Misterdvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:21 PM   #3
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterdvs
Why did you decide to change??
KW V2
Old 03-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
torqueaddict

Old 03-15-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
Fusion_m3

My Ride: steel grey M3
how low is the drop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict
Fusion_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
torqueaddict

I didn't install mine
I sold them to henry lee
you can ask him
Old 03-15-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
Fusion_m3

damn i wanted them......henry if u reading this how low is the drop...ride quality? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict
I didn't install mine
I sold them to henry lee
you can ask him
Old 03-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #8
henrylee

My Ride: 2002 M3, Ti w/SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_m3
damn i wanted them......henry if u reading this how low is the drop...ride quality? thanks
The kit is picture perfect, we installed it in about 4 hours with pss9 diy found on roadfly (http://www.jimchambers.com/diy/pss9.html). The dampening adjustment is a must feature to have and I would not skimp on this if you are looking to low your car and still have the ride comfort. I believe it has 9 setting points of firmness, but I have only played with 2. 1 click towards firm was softer than stock with 19" wheel option, but I currently have it set on 4 clicks toward firm and 1.5" drop on front and 1-1.2" drop in back. The ride feels almost like stock but less sharp on bumps. I just measured both front and rear from bottom of fender above tire and they both measured about 25.25" to the ground. It was very surprising to find that my car did not pull hence alignment was not affected (just guessing here from driving around for about 400 miles after install and not noticing any pulling in staring wheel). I will get the alignment and corner weight check this Friday and know for sure if and by how much it is off. I'll also be able to track test this weekend on Road Atlanta with BMWCCA DE. If you purchase this kit give me a shout because I learned some short cut over the install and I believe the kit will allow you to drop down to 3"...Good luck...
henrylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:01 PM   #9
Fusion_m3

thanks henry...appericate this very much.. by the way can the front go lower?
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee
The kit is picture perfect, we installed it in about 4 hours with pss9 diy found on roadfly (http://www.jimchambers.com/diy/pss9.html). The dampening adjustment is a must feature to have and I would not skimp on this if you are looking to low your car and still have the ride comfort. I believe it has 9 setting points of firmness, but I have only played with 2. 1 click towards firm was softer than stock with 19" wheel option, but I currently have it set on 4 clicks toward firm and 1.5" drop on front and 1-1.2" drop in back. The ride feels almost like stock but less sharp on bumps. I just measured both front and rear from bottom of fender above tire and they both measured about 25.25" to the ground. It was very surprising to find that my car did not pull hence alignment was not affected (just guessing here from driving around for about 400 miles after install and not noticing any pulling in staring wheel). I will get the alignment and corner weight check this Friday and know for sure if and by how much it is off. I'll also be able to track test this weekend on Road Atlanta with BMWCCA DE. If you purchase this kit give me a shout because I learned some short cut over the install and I believe the kit will allow you to drop down to 3"...Good luck...
Old 03-16-2004, 06:57 PM   #10
henrylee

My Ride: 2002 M3, Ti w/SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_m3
thanks henry...appericate this very much.. by the way can the front go lower?
I believe it will drop down another 2 inches or so. Give me a call if you want to talk. 404-291-4113.
henrylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:40 PM   #11
Fusion_m3

thanks henry...but i dont wanna bother you..i got all the infomation i needed...now all i need to do is find a good place to buy that suspension for a good price
Old 03-18-2004, 04:49 PM   #12
torqueaddict

is the rear height adjustable?