E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
JTLaz

My Ride: Can now offroad
Funding a friend's memorial

Gentlemen (and the 2 ladies on this forum), one of the nicest and most sincere individuals I have ever met passed away yesterday from a ruptured brain aneurysm. She was always smiling and gave off a positive, contagious energy that was a pleasure to be around. I wish each of you could have met her. I don't understand why things like this happen to such nice people

This came out of nowhere and has shocked everyone as she was so young. Her friends have set up this donation link to collect funds in order to help her family build a memorial outside of their local church in her honor. Their world has been flipped upside down and we want to let them know how much their daughter meant to everyone. I am not begging you to donate but if you have an extra dollar to donate it would be greatly appreciated and make them closer to their goal.

http://www.giveforward.com/lynngomezfundraiser

"Lynn Gomez, a 20 year old student from FSU and member of Zeta Tau Alpha, tragically passed away this past Saturday. She suffered from a cerebral aneurysm and was able to donate her organs to save people's lives. She has impacted and changed so many lives in ways that words cannot even begin to describe. Now we would like to give back in honor of Lynn.
The family and friends of Lynn Gomez would like to raise as much money as possible to build an extension to the Our Lady of Gaudalupe Church located right outside of Tampa. They will be naming this extension after Lynn, in her honor. Lynn and her family grew up in this church, so it holds a special meaning to them. Any money will help and will be greatly appreciated by all of her family."

Thank you in advance fanatics. I just want to stress, again, that I am not begging but if you would like to donate it would be greatly appreciated.
JTLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sincerely.
This hits home hard as my sister was hospitalized a year ago Tuesday. She passed away on the 21st of April. There are so many similarities in the story. Was her death sudden? By the way, in the picture posted, she is wearing the same dress my sister had. Julia (my sister) was also a special woman who touched many people, and was also a sister. She too donated her organs. It's a weird feeling getting the letters of the recipients.
I know it's hard, especially for the family and closest friends. I hope you guys all the best in the future.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sincerely.
This hits home hard as my sister was hospitalized a year ago Tuesday. She passed away on the 21st of April. There are so many similarities in the story. Was her death sudden? By the way, in the picture posted, she is wearing the same dress my sister had. Julia (my sister) was also a special woman who touched many people, and was also a sister. She too donated her organs. It's a weird feeling getting the letters of the recipients.
I know it's hard, especially for the family and closest friends. I hope you guys all the best in the future.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I know I'm not always the most serious poster on the board, but this is not something I joke about.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...538&highlight=
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Cowspoo

My Ride: 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
He's serious.

Hope all is well.