E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #101
HarjG

My Ride: E46 325i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
You two are the only two ive heard of with this problem and on Sylv's car we replaced everything and its still an issue....so something is different/odd about his car, WillE46....you situation remains to be seen. Im going to try to get the SW control values to see if it something we can measure/troubleshoot on the incoming SW control wire. From what I gather both of you guys have verts....which is an interesting (but probably meaningless) data point....

Confirmed, bad left channel on the CD/DVD drive only (actually probably a bad connection but ill dig into that more later).
I also have the same problem with my steering controls. I have a saloon (sedan) facelift which had factory sat nav.

One thing I have noticed though is when I use the iPod function on shuffle, the steering controls do not respond at all. When I turn off shuffle the controls work but intermittent.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but if I plug my iPhone in the sound will cut off when Bluetooth pairs. The only way to bring the sound back is to unplug my iPhone from the unit and back in.

The radio is as good as it was before so no issues there.

I have the v6 android and don't have no issues on that side too apart from your usual FC errors which are sorted after updating the apps at fault.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #102
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjG View Post

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but if I plug my iPhone in the sound will cut off when Bluetooth pairs. The only way to bring the sound back is to unplug my iPhone from the unit and back in.
That is a feature of your iphone, nothing to do with the dynavin. When an iphone is connected to multiple sources, look at the screen towards the bottom by the play controls and you will see an icon, press it and you will see that the iphone asks you if you want it to feed audio to the dock, bluetooth, etc...plug in headphones etc and you will see that pop up as an option as well. The iphone will always default to the last connection unless you tell it otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjG View Post
One thing I have noticed though is when I use the iPod function on shuffle, the steering controls do not respond at all. When I turn off shuffle the controls work but intermittent.
I think I pointed out in the original post that shuffle mode on the ipod really seemed to bog the system down....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 11-17-2011 at 03:10 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #103
HarjG

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. Btw it wasn't a moan just an observation.

I am happy with the system either way.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #104
Chris3z

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
steering wheel control box

Hey Jeff just wanted to let you know I seem to have the same problem with the intermittent steering wheel controls being read. About 30% of the key presses seem to be ignored, and it usually is in succesion. I have a factory nav facelift coupe for reference.
Chris3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #105
aub

My Ride: BMW 325ti
Hello to everyone in this forum.
I bought a dynavin V6 android from ebay but during installation we noticed that the harness to connect the headunit to the car is not in the box.
I search this forum and find out that the harness of the photo in this topic is not the same with the one I have.
Where can I buy the correct harness and what is the name of that harness.
Thanks for your help.
Here are the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	af5a7d28.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	425821   Click image for larger version

Name:	19112011670.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	425822   Click image for larger version

Name:	19112011673.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	425823  
aub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #106
WillE46

My Ride: Topaz M3 Vert
The one that came in your kit looks the end of the Fakra harness without the protective sheething. Jeff should be able to sell you the correct (non-factory-nav harness) or I can sell you mine (I had factory nav so I had to buy the Fakra harness and didn't use the harness you need)
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #107
aub

My Ride: BMW 325ti
WillE46 will the harness you have (for non factory nav) fit to D95 v6 androit unit?
In my kit there is a small box for steering wheel buttons (as seen in the photo between fakra cable and usb cable) and I think it will be connected to the harness.
aub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #108
WillE46

My Ride: Topaz M3 Vert
Yes, it will. PM sent.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 AM   #109
320iBeema

My Ride: 2005 BMW 320i E46
Hi there.

I just got my E46 WinCe D95 unit, i have a few minor porblems.

The boot up logo is the Audi logo and not the BMW logo. How can I change it to the BMW logo, can I use the hidden function/menu?
My remote control didnt come with a battery, is there meant to be a battery shipped with the unit?

Is there anyway I can tether an internet connection with my Andriod phone?

Thanks guys!

320iBeema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #110
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Jeff or anyone that has the D95 or D99 can you guys do a quick hardware info check for us that dont have those units yet? Im sure lots of us would like to know whats new compared to the D90 and if the changes are worth upgrading etc.

Here are two free apps from Android Market that can pull the hardware / software info from the units and do some benchmark test as well.

https://market.android.com/details?i...NoZWVwLmFzaSJd

https://market.android.com/details?i...JlbmNoTWFyayJd
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #111
Aceman1120

My Ride: X5
Hi, to the guys that are having problems with their Backup Cams!! I had to use a RELAY because the reverse light wire wasn't providing a constant power supply...the guy that helped me install it said that it was getting a "pulse" type of current, not a steady supply of current....anyway, that worked out for me...I hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

I am still however having issues with no GPS SIGNAL...i get all the red bars in the gps signal screen...but nothing with IGO Primo 9.2.1...I will try to move the gps antena under the Instrument cluster and see if that helps...otherwise it takes about 15 minutes to get a signal to Igo....ridiculous!!

Last edited by Aceman1120; 12-15-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Aceman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #112
rurena

My Ride: United States
can version 5 be upgraded to version 6? how do we get updates?
rurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #113
HarjG

Hi Jeff / All,

I have developed a fault with my Android V6 unit. The touch function has stopped responding. I have reset the unit and also removed both radio fuses 7 and 41 for 2 days but still not working. Is there anything else I can check or has the screen had it?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #114
Skaarud

My Ride: E46 320CD 2004.
Hi guys! I recently bought a Dynavin and I think its the v. D95. Unfortunately I have the round pins in my car and the short harness that came with my player had the flat ones. Please help me.. What do I do? I found an adapter but I don't know if it's the right one.

I'm talking about this one: http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catal...eview-159.html

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	439095  
Skaarud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #115
Guff

My Ride: 330i
2 questions,

My iPod will not sort playlist / albums by track number only by title name when connected to the dynavin, is anyone else seeing this work correctly or is this just how it works when connected to the dynavin.

Also was there every any resolution to the issue of flaky steering wheel controls, i've been seeing this off and on since i have installed the dynavin.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #116
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
2 questions,

My iPod will not sort playlist / albums by track number only by title name when connected to the dynavin, is anyone else seeing this work correctly or is this just how it works when connected to the dynavin.
Mine does this too. It ALWAYS sorts by title name, even if a playlist is arranged in a particular order. This makes listening to albums designed to be listented to in a certain order - ie mixes - almost impossible.

Wish I knew how to fix it.
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #117
SrdjanV

My Ride: BMW E46 330 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to SrdjanV
Dynavin D95 Android Steering Wheel Control not working

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the Dynavin D95 Android version I bought from France. I managed to install everything except from the steering wheel function. I think I got the wrong CANBUS module, it just doesn't seems to be correct.
Please see picture 1-4 of the module I received in the package and the 4-pin connector that is seperated from the dynavin main harness cable.
I believe that 4-pin male connector is used for CANBUS connection or am I correct? The module I received have a 8-pin female connection and a mini-USB connection on other end. Is this the correct module I received? If it is, how do you connect it, I have tried connecting the 4-pin cable but nothing happens.

Then I sometimes hear a weird noise comming from the speakers. I have a Harman Kardon system in my car so maybe I need to connect the AMP wire somewhere (picture 5)? What is that wire used for anyway? In the Dynavin settings, do I need to change the AMP to none, normal or optical? Or do I need to do anything if I have the Harman Kardon system in my car?

Can anyone help me out here please, I am really stuck and believe me I have searched everywhere for the information with no luck.

Thanx in advance
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	445187   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	80
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	445188   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	74
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	445189   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).JPG
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	445190  

Name:	photo (4).JPG
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	445191  
SrdjanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #118
SrdjanV

My Ride: BMW E46 330 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to SrdjanV
Anyone ?
SrdjanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #119
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
yes, that is the wrong interface box, it should have the 4 pin plug to match the harness. Contact whoever you got it from and get the right box.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #120
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
I have a version 5 is that a d90 or d95 unit?

Kyle
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote