E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Why did I even bother with Modbargains?

Wondering why I am keeping my order with Modbargains at this point.

All I wanted was two rotors from them shipped out to me. ATE Premium 1 Rotors for the rear. Priced at $123.xx with $15 in shipping.

Jurian calls me back saying they have been marked up in price by $20 a rotor by the distributor.

I can either get centrics at a little better price or pay the uphike even though the website says otherwise. No "meet me in the middle" or anything.

Just got another call saying that if I want the rotors shipped to another location than the billing address, I have to send off a "form" and a copy of my credit card (front and back). And mind you, my billing address is Greensboro, NC. Shipping address is Raleigh, NC. Not France, Somalia, even :censor: Canada. I'm talking 120 miles.

So now, becuase I'm in a rush, I gotta pay more than what the website stated and have them shipped to my apartment where there is sketchy delivery. And on top of that, there are a ton of other websites with the rotors for $60 when they are selling them to me for $80. WTF!

http://www.discountbrakes.com/shop/?...e+brake+rotors
http://www.namotorsports.net/ATE/Bra...mber=ATCW22160

Awesome job Modbargains.

Should have just ordered everything from Turnermotorsports. I friggin swear!

Edit: Jurian was a nice person over the phone and at least cordial the entire time. And while he offered Centric rotors at a little bit lower price, he refused to "work with me" on get the Ate Rotors at all. So...it's a wash. Good CS personel but total junk for policy and pricing.

Edit 2: Just bought them from NA Motorsports for $125. Modbargains "modified" price was $184.90. Over a $40 price hike!

Last edited by ryanwhite74115; 04-16-2012 at 03:14 PM.
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
That's bullshit. I've dealt with Modbargains once before and the same thing happened. Information was misrepresented through the website.

Would not recommend them, especially since they chopped my first order with them, which was basically a way to gauge how they operate.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
As much as I love 'em, I only go to ModBargains.com for all my AFTERMARKET needs (bumpers, lights, grilles, etc.). Hit me up for brakes next time.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
radicalbrad707

My Ride: BMW
A lot of people are going to ignore this post and still order from them. I have ordered from them also in the past and they did almost the exact same thing to me. I know that they are a site sponsor so they get the benefit of the doubt but I personally think it's time that they take some responsibility and do the rite thing. Sure, Prices go up and things that were one price last week are different this week but lets get off our asses guys and update the website every day if you have to. I am in retail also and I got to say that if I advertise a price for something then that's what it costs. Even if its a legit markup it makes you look like a ripoff. And know one likes to feel like they were ripped off. I have been to countless customer service workshops and I am telling you that this is the kind of thing that costs money. Even if people let you do that to them they will probably never order from you again. Me? I have spent probably in the range of $1300 at other online stores since that happened to me. I said nothing and paid the extra but the end result is I took my business elsewhere. I wonder how many others have done the same thing. Do you guys at ModBargains ever wonder about that? Maybe you should think about that. Wow.

Hey Jurian. 3 people in under an hour on a monday. That kind of $hit is probably costing you well over 100k a year at least. GET SOMEONE TO UPDATE THE WEBSITE. Sorry for yelling. Update. They have me blocked from this post now. I am trying to use the edit button now. You guys got some serious pull to cover stuff up don't ya.

They took control of this thread and had it moved and now us OPs cant comment. We have been censored by Modbargains. Now that is some shady business. You guys should be ashamed. Are you going to have me completely banned from E46Fanatics? tsktsktsk.

Last edited by radicalbrad707; 04-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.
radicalbrad707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
I apologize for the inconvenience that the order might have caused you. As I mentioned on the phone, ATE rotors did go through a price hike which was not addressed on our website, which was indeed our fault. As for our shipping authorization form, it's required for all orders that ship to an address other than the billing, which is a blanket policy for all our customers, and in no way would I want to specifically have you fill out this form, it's a blanket policy to all our customers.

As you can see from the response, we do a lot of business on this forum, and in no way would we want to upset any of our lovely E46Fanatics members, so on behalf of us, we apologize.

Jurrian T. | Jurrian@ModBargains.com |(714) 582-3330
We Specialize In: BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
ryanwhite74115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
As much as I love 'em, I only go to ModBargains.com for all my AFTERMARKET needs (bumpers, lights, grilles, etc.). Hit me up for brakes next time.
I had no clue you sold brakes...what "do" you sell anyways?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
ryanwhite74115

Just got a confirm email from NA Motorsports by "Joshua". He said they are shipping them out today and I"ll have them by Wednesday. Awesome Job NA Motorsports. No complications or price hikes.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
ryanwhite74115

Well... Hope whomever can read this will know that NA Motorsports was great and Modbargains has some cleaning up to do on their website.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App