E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
johnjohnsonS54

My Ride: e46 M3
Camber plates for KW V2's

I'm going from a GC street/track kit to some KW V2's. I just got off the phone with GC and got confirmation that their camber plates WILL NOT work with the KW coilovers.

I need some new cost effective camber plates that will work with a lowered (not slammed) M3. I'm honestly not going to be changing the settings very often at all as I've got a street setup that love and I've got an e30 that I use for the occasional track/autocross event.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps I don't need the plates at all?

I forgot to ask GC....will the GC RSM's work with KW's?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by johnjohnsonS54; 04-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.
johnjohnsonS54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohnsonS54 View Post
I'm going from a GC street/track kit to some KW V2's. I just got off the phone with GC and got confirmation that their camber plates WILL NOT work with the KW coilovers.

I need some new cost effective camber plates that will work with a lowered (not slammed) M3. I'm honestly not going to be changing the settings very often at all as I've got a street setup that love and I've got an e30 that I use for the occasional track/autocross event.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps I don't need the plates at all? This may be your answer.

I forgot to ask GC....will the GC RSM's work with KW's?

Thanks guys!
Remember, as you go lower, you automatically get more negative camber. I run the H&R Race Springs on my 330Ci, lets say I got a 1.8" drop on the front. My new neg. camber was 1.8/1.9, these numbers work well for me on the street. Depending on your drop, you too will get automatic neg. camber, I'd try it first & see what you end up with.

Good luck,
Rob.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
02gtstang

My Ride: 2005 zhp coupe
Im running the gc rear shock mounts with kw v2's on my 330ci. Im also using the vorshlag camber plates and they seem to be very good and they do make the attachments for kw's depending on what spring diameter you get
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
LivesNearCostco

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
The GC street RSMs will work as long as the rear KW shocks work with standard RSMs. Most E46 shocks have a 10mm shaft and most RSMs are designed for a 10mm shaft. A few of the top-adjustable E46 shocks have 12mm shafts. The GC RSMs can configured for 12mm shocks but you have to either order them that way or get replacement RSM inserts from GC.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
JRMcDaniel

My Ride: Racecars
We (Vorshlag) probably build more plates for KWs than any other strut. They are one of the most popular street struts and we've got all the measurements to tailor the plates to fit.
JRMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote