E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #41
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
I can post the emailed reply you ninja edited.

CWL didn't make a difference bro.

Some gun expert that can't admit he was wrong.

I an hoping that law change is official.
First, go ahead and post it. I would put money down that it was your lack of comprehension about what was said that made you think he was being a d!ck...

Second, no one ever said he was a "gun expert", but knowing the "laws" is what we said. Does he have a very great understanding of weapons, sure, but I know he has a better understanding of the laws.

and if you want to be taken seriously... bro, stop calling people bros, brah. You sound like Roman Pierce from 2 Fast 2 Furious...

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #42
al0513

My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI

I agree with everyone in here except OP.

He should have googled this in the first place. But I'm glad he didnt because this is quite amusing.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #43
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news...es_palm_b.html

Quote:
Palm Beach County’s waiting period is intended to provide a "cooling off period" for potentially hot-tempered gun buyers. It also allows time to run a criminal background check before completing a sale.

The county’s waiting period applies to any sales at gun shops, gun shows, pawn shops and other places outside of personal sales gun owners might make from home.

The county’s waiting period is waived for gun buyers with a valid state concealed weapons permit.

While sticking with a stricter gun-buying waiting period, the county is also planning to file a lawsuit challenging the state’s penalties for local gun laws.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #44
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
It's also illegal since Palm Beach is not allowed to make their own laws up.

They want to sue the state? lol... man... you guys need to vote them idiots out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #45
DangerousMind

My Ride: Sierra 1500 SLT
How could it legal for Florida to have a gun waiting period?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #46
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
At the S. Florida Fair Grounds shows they were not honoring those with CWL to take their guns home...

It's a violation of our rights, and the NRA has been involved in trying to lobby against this.

I was looking to get a Mosin Nagant with a Curio and Relics license application. I was called back by the local authority saying basically 'there is no way in hell he is going to approve this easily'.

I decided once I found out there isn't many places to shoot rifles locally, to go the handgun route.

I am going to apologize to Glockman. He does seem to be helping in this debate, we all can't be experts in everything and I will admit I am learning more about this each day with never really 'needing' a handgun in the past. At 40, I am beginning to be realistic that martial arts, weight lifting and non-lethal carry is going to be a lot more limiting to me than it was when I was 20-30.

I am a traveling consultant. Often times my job takes me into the seedy sections of town where building warehouses and data centers is cheaper than on the beaten path.

Also my concerns are a bit of 'big brother' oriented after the phone call I got in return for a C&R application.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #47
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
^ Apology accepted.

I do not know everything about everything. I just don't talk about things I don't know. You will never see me correcting Reedo or talking about the tension settings on an M1 spring or whatever. I learn on here everyday and I try to help someone everyday.

Anyway,

I can not believe the crap the citizens of palm beach have put up with.

Besides it being completely illegal (Florida Constitution), it is bad business.

All you have to do is drive to the next county that has "leaders" with a brain.

You do not have to buy in your own county, just your own state.

As far as rifles, that is completely absurd. There is no waiting period for rifles for anyone with or without a CWL in the State of Florida.

Your "leaders" need some common sense. Now they are spending your taxes to fight the State of Florida.

Good luck.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 02-27-2012 at 07:26 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #48
alkemyst

Quote:
^ Apology accepted.

I do not know everything about everything. I just don't talk about things I don't know. You will never see me correcting Reedo or talking about the tension settings on an M1 spring or whatever. I learn on here everyday and I try to help someone everyday.

Anyway,

I can not believe the crap the citizens of palm beach have put up with.

Besides it being completely illegal (Florida Constitution), it is bad business.

All you have to do is drive to the next county that has "leaders" with a brain.

You do not have to buy in your own county, just your own state.

As far as rifles, that is completely absurd. There is no waiting period for rifles for anyone with or without a CWL in the State of Florida.

Your "leaders" need some common sense. Now they are spending your taxes to fight the State of Florida.

Good luck.
I admit my 'story' about my local county seems unbelievable. Even many above think it's impossible.

I am in Colorado at the moment for a week, but will be back and forth more than likely (spent 2 weeks here already at the beginning of the month) which I think is more a liberal state...so if I thought if going out and buying a gun while here would be easier I'd do it.

I don't have a lot of knowledge in the laws of intra-state gun purchasing, but the thing is the gun I want I haven't found locally either. I may just have to buy it online. The guy that owns a few CZ's has had to do that.

IMHO it offers everything someone that doesn't need an ultra compact could want in a self-defence/carry pistol.

Being that it was designed to fire hot rounds makes it even more interesting.

In the end it seems I am just going to have to shop online to get this gun.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #49
alkemyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It's also illegal since Palm Beach is not allowed to make their own laws up.

They want to sue the state? lol... man... you guys need to vote them idiots out
It has a lot to do with the voters here as well.

There are a lot of our officials making up their own rules down here though. For a while commissioners from Palm Beach and Broward Counties were being arrested left and right.

Just look at DUI road blocks or the BS we have to deal with with the TSA to show how easily our outlined rights can be compromised.

If you have travelled recently you will know that TSA has also been doing ID check and verification at the boarding gates and occasionally asking to re-screen carry-on bags.

This happened to me this morning traveling here. I was stopped at the gate and asked to step aside. They were spot-checking ID's with other passengers, but I was selected randomly (I hope). They verified my id and looked into my bag.

I wasn't happy about that at all.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #50
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:

Just look at DUI road blocks or the BS we have to deal with with the TSA to show how easily our outlined rights can be compromised.
Off-topic, but some thoughts on this:

DWI Checkpoints- SCOTUS has left this issue to be decided by state supreme courts. Most states have kept this legal, because under their interpretations, the seizure is legal as long as it's done at random and people are not being profiled or unfairly targeted. In my state, they're unconstitutional under our interpretation of the 4th Amendment. The same goes with red light and speed cameras and your state's interpretation of the 6th Amendment with regard to due process. Again, also unconstitutional here in MN.

TSA- It's getting ridiculous, but it'll stay ridiculous as long as the TSA is not allowed to profile. Yep- profiling works; ask the Israelis about that. They seem to be doing it with excellent success at Ben Gurion Intl Airport. Having said that, it should be noted that nobody is forced to fly. If the TSA was doing this on a roadway or tollbooth on the New Jersey Turnpike, it'd be a different issue. However, flying is considered to be an "elective" form of transportation. If you go through the line and don't want to be searched by the TSA, you can elect to refuse; though you'll be prohibited from passing through security to get to your flight. They can't force you into a search. They want to search, and you have to voluntarily submit to it. You're flying on a publicly accessible airline. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not technically illegal. If you want to avoid the TSA crap, you can always fly a private charter flight, which is not subject to TSA regulation. That gets back into private property rights.
This doesn't mean that the TSA is not staffed by a bunch of fucking idiots, because they are. They're ALL idiots. All of them. But we are all victims of political correctness and progressive ACLU lawsuits. Oh, and liberal political appointments.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-27-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #51
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Oh, and liberal political appointments.
Laaawdy.

End Rant.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #52
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
At the S. Florida Fair Grounds shows they were not honoring those with CWL to take their guns home...

It's a violation of our rights, and the NRA has been involved in trying to lobby against this.

I was looking to get a Mosin Nagant with a Curio and Relics license application. I was called back by the local authority saying basically 'there is no way in hell he is going to approve this easily'.

I decided once I found out there isn't many places to shoot rifles locally, to go the handgun route.

I am going to apologize to Glockman. He does seem to be helping in this debate, we all can't be experts in everything and I will admit I am learning more about this each day with never really 'needing' a handgun in the past. At 40, I am beginning to be realistic that martial arts, weight lifting and non-lethal carry is going to be a lot more limiting to me than it was when I was 20-30.

I am a traveling consultant. Often times my job takes me into the seedy sections of town where building warehouses and data centers is cheaper than on the beaten path.

Also my concerns are a bit of 'big brother' oriented after the phone call I got in return for a C&R application.
I've recently been looking into getting a Curio and Relic license and am wondering what you mean by this. Do you mean the local BATFE authority? Or the chief law enforcement officer of your area? Because it's my understanding that the local law enforcement has zero say in whether or not the BATFE grants you a license. You send a copy of your form 7CR to the CLEO purely for informational purposes. They don't need to sign off on it.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #53
alkemyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
I've recently been looking into getting a Curio and Relic license and am wondering what you mean by this. Do you mean the local BATFE authority? Or the chief law enforcement officer of your area? Because it's my understanding that the local law enforcement has zero say in whether or not the BATFE grants you a license. You send a copy of your form 7CR to the CLEO purely for informational purposes. They don't need to sign off on it.
This is true...he was still a dick about it and I told him I really didn't need him to do anything.

Apparently PB County is not honoring the law changes at the local gun shows. There are some attorney's building a case.

I was able to handle the CZ P01 in Colorado which was nice. My wife is still on the fence on bringing a gun into the home.

With this whole Martin/Zimmerman there are rumors of more crack downs in Florida.