E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #181
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
mad man, fukin mad.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #182
LoveBeingUseless

My Ride: 2003 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooty View Post
Perfect! thank you What did you have to do to get that camber? I'm not sure how much camber you can get with a stock set up
Thats about how much you can get being this low on factory adjustments.

I just moved the front strut towers in which gives you about an extra -.5 degrees. just lowering the car itself will change the geometry of the suspension and increase the Negative Camber.

I do plan on getting Mtech II front and rear bumpers. This is just the begining guys. Dont worry, I have plenty of things in store for this car
LoveBeingUseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #183
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingUseless View Post
I do plan on getting Mtech II front and rear bumpers. This is just the begining guys. Dont worry, I have plenty of things in store for this car
Thank god, all you need is a mtech II front and your car is done. Your car/progress reminds me of Pswirley and HIS sedan was pure
Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #184
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONIKE46 View Post
Thank god, all you need is a mtech II front and your car is done. Your car/progress reminds me of Pswirley and HIS sedan was pure
That guy's e46 is amongst my favorites.....

If OP's looks even remotely similar, he will get 2 thumbs up from me.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #185
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Thats about how much you can get being this low on factory adjustments.

I just moved the front strut towers in which gives you about an extra -.5 degrees. just lowering the car itself will change the geometry of the suspension and increase the Negative Camber.
kk thanks, that's perfect
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #186
ICONIKE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg46 View Post
That guy's e46 is amongst my favorites.....

If OP's looks even remotely similar, he will get 2 thumbs up from me.
YESSSSS. 100% my favorite sedan on the forums period. I'm tellin you man, search pswirley and take notes
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #187
323ci newbie

My Ride: mkodama
I'm going to be honest with you, I despise the whole stance look/scene and seeing it on a BMW makes me die a little bit.

However, I will say you seem like a great guy that loves his car and that is something that should be admired no matter what car style they are in to, having and sharing the knowledge is fantastic and I would hope and encourage you to keep that up.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #188
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323ci newbie View Post
I'm going to be honest with you, I despise the whole stance look/scene and seeing it on a BMW makes me die a little bit.

However, I will say you seem like a great guy that loves his car and that is something that should be admired no matter what car style they are in to, having and sharing the knowledge is fantastic and I would hope and encourage you to keep that up.

Well I certainly appreciate your honesty. I love the roots of BMW and I am quite familiar with the history and heritage BMW has. The "Stance" scene is one that has a lot of variety. Unfortunatly, you don't see much care taken with a car as you do with other die hard enthusiasts.

The stance scene is kinda largely divided up into people with money and people without. As someone stated before. Doing things right doesnt require a ton of money. It requires patience, research, and knowledge.

I'm glad that I am able to share my car and what it means to me with all you guys! I really appreciate all the feedback and I thank you again for your honesty!

More to come!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #189
ICONIKE46

Quote:
Well I certainly appreciate your honesty. I love the roots of BMW and I am quite familiar with the history and heritage BMW has. The "Stance" scene is one that has a lot of variety. Unfortunatly, you don't see much care taken with a car as you do with other die hard enthusiasts.

The stance scene is kinda largely divided up into people with money and people without. As someone stated before. Doing things right doesnt require a ton of money. It requires patience, research, and knowledge.

I'm glad that I am able to share my car and what it means to me with all you guys! I really appreciate all the feedback and I thank you again for your honesty!

More to come!
Couldn't agree with this sentence any more. I've owned my car for 3 years now and haven't done anything "mod" wise. I was actually about to buy an M3 right before last christmas as a gift to myself until some lady rammed into my passenger side of my car. After that happened, it made me appreciate my car even more than I do and I finally came to the conclusion to keep my car and ordering a bulk of parts this weekend. I've had 3 YEARS to research and see what everyone else has been doing to their cars so trust me, I'm very patient, and VERY prepared

Good advice to the new guys on here for sure. If you enjoy your car, make it how YOU want. I decided to go with the lightweight/track theme, some people are stanced, some people are all about speed. This is why the BMW community is so diverse and I love it
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #190
z168

My Ride: 323i
Love the stemless valve stems. Great attention to detail
z168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #191
yetieater

My Ride: '03 330i
Quote:

Check out our tire machine. It has a built in cheetah and it literally does everything. you just have to push buttons and push pedals to operate all the hydraulic arms. It even takes the wheel off the machine for you. So you can get it over to the balancer.

Holy wow. I was looking into automotive tools, and I came across a similar machine here.. http://www.automotivetoolsonline.com...e_p_20648.html

$8930.25, and they want that $0.25

Can you let me know what types of tools you keep around in your own garage? I'm looking into expanding my toolkit.

bullet proof one piece at a time
my page on BMW Performance parts for the E46: clicky
yetieater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #192
brady5885

My Ride: 330ci
Once u stripped the tar/gunk from inside the arch to get a thinner roll on it, what did you paint the bare metal with to protect it from the elements?
brady5885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #193
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetieater View Post
Holy wow. I was looking into automotive tools, and I came across a similar machine here.. http://www.automotivetoolsonline.com...e_p_20648.html

Can you let me know what types of tools you keep around in your own garage? I'm looking into expanding my toolkit.
You know he works at a dealership right?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #194
yetieater

My Ride: '03 330i
I do know that (read from post #1), but I want to know what tools our OP keeps at home.

bullet proof one piece at a time
my page on BMW Performance parts for the E46: clicky
yetieater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #195
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady5885 View Post
Once u stripped the tar/gunk from inside the arch to get a thinner roll on it, what did you paint the bare metal with to protect it from the elements?
I have not decided yet, Going to pick up a smalll can of bedliner coating and just paint it on with a small brush I think. I plan to post pics when I do it!

Quote:
I do know that (read from post #1), but I want to know what tools our OP keeps at home.
I will take some pictures of my tools I use at work and at home, I dont have double of everything so if I need to I just bring tools from work home.

- 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 short and long sockets from 4mm to 36mm.
- Flex head long 3/8th's and 1/2in ratchets
- Various sizes extensions for each size driver
- Long and short torx sockets from T8 to T60
- E-Torx sizes T5-T18.
- Hex sockets and Stubby 2mm-14mm (Allen)
- Ratcheting Flex Head Wrenches 8mm-19mm
- Stubby and Long Wrenches 6mm - 24mm
- Universal Swivel Sockets
- Drive Adaptor Sockets

I have plenty more but more random or specialty tools.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE MAKITA'S

-Makita LCT203W

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LCT203W...486520&sr=1-21

-Makita LXT211 18-Volt LXT

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-LXT211-...5486520&sr=1-2

-Makita BTW450Z High Torque Impact Wrench

http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Tool-Maki...486520&sr=1-24

These Makita's will cut the time it take to do any job in half! They are Fantastic! I can not say it enough. I put them through hell. I've had them for almost 9 months and I use them 24/7.

I recommend for anyone expanding their tool set to get some electric tools like these. They help sooooo much.

Depending on what sockets you have already, slowly add to your tool buying the next thing that you need the most. I'll grab some pics tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #196
brady5885

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
I have not decided yet, Going to pick up a smalll can of bedliner coating and just paint it on with a small brush I think. I plan to post pics when I do it!
Are you able to get all of it painted? Isnt the lip folded back on itself?
brady5885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #197
tyusha

My Ride: 2004 325i SilverGrey
Thanks for that info! I am really enjoying your thread. A quick question about these Makitas. Will all of the impact drivers you listed be able to drive sockets? Or only the last one (BTW450Z)?
tyusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #198
LoveBeingUseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyusha View Post
Thanks for that info! I am really enjoying your thread. A quick question about these Makitas. Will all of the impact drivers you listed be able to drive sockets? Or only the last one (BTW450Z)?
Yeah They have interchangable chucks, so you can put 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2 on the first 2 guns. The first smaller kit comes with a screw gun and a impact. That little impact cranks out 66ft-lb's of torque all week long. Thats me using it every day. The bigger kit comes with a hammer drill/screw gun and the impact. The impact cranks 110 ft-lb's of torque all week on a single charge. It charges in 30 min and boom its ready again. The last one is just a big ol 1/2 in impact that shares batteries with the LXT kit. It has 325 ft-lbs of torque. It is nice and portable. I've removed heads, motors, transmissions, valve covers, subframes, and all that with these guys, they are great! If you go a couple pages back you can see me using them in some of the pics during my short throw install. THey usually have them on display at home depot as well if you have one near you.

Thanks I'm glad you are in enjoying it! I got more updates to come!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #199
BMWh0r3

My Ride: 325CIvic
Quote:

i have a similar machine in my shop. we got it for around $11,000. its a corghi(sp?)...most of the machines made in the USA are designed after corghi's... best machine out there!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #200
LoveBeingUseless

Had some extra time today so I was able to get the alignment done on my car. I love the alignment racks at my work!

Iphone pics sorry!

Let me explain Alignment... 1 degree = 60 minutes. or .60. So for example. -1.45 degrees of camber is actually -105 minutes or -1.75 degrees of camber if you counted it in % or out of 100 make sense? -1.45 = negative one and three quarters degree. I hope that makes sense!

This is all with factory adjustments. I dont have camber plates or different control arms.... yet!

Front:

Camber: -2.45 (-2.75)

Toe: .0.06 Toe Out (0.10)

Rear:

Camber: -3.36 (-3.60)

Toe: .08 Toe In (0.13)

Lol Sorry If thats confusing! So happy, it makes such a big difference having the proper alignment! My car tracks dead straight and my tires will last hell of a lot longer!

Last edited by LoveBeingUseless; 04-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.